Sicho

Born To Spell Trophy - Easy Way Glitch (please confirm!)

44 posts in this topic

yeah, as I mentionend on September 23rd, the glitch has been patched out.

However, if you delete the game and redownload it and then interrupt the patch download, you should be able to play it unpatched ... unless digital releases on PS4 come automatically in the latest version? I honestly do not know.

People here in this thread tried this on Vita and there, it works. Might be worth a try on PS4 as well.

Digital PS4 games have the patch rolled in now, so you can't do it on there. 

Still able to be done on Vita though, I just did it. Just pause the smaller download that triggers when you download the game from the store. 

Yeah but breaking a game by spelling the word "Farts" is just too funny to pass up. 

I know. I'm more jealous than anything. I have to trudge home and spell out 750 more words.  :(

Didn't work for me with the word FARTS but worked with FARTED. Patching the game right now to finish it without this notification popping up all the time.

Oh, and by the way, screw all you Vita losers. 

Starcrunch gets his trophies the old fashioned way. He earrrrrrns them.

Says the guy who double stack the Sound Shapes PS4 trophy list...

Regarding the topic, I'm gonna give it a try, I'll post it later if it works.

Regarding the topic, I'm gonna give it a try, I'll post it later if it works.

Not necessary. Several people have confirmed that it works on Vita if yoy don't have the patch downloaded.

What? Proudy republicans don't have senses of humor?  :D

For those that don't want to rely on a glitch, I just did this on the level 1 crystal star.  I had a ton of money and most upgrades by the time I finished so I equipped the scythe that improves potion effectiveness and just spelled 3 letter words over and over again until I used my last potion and then I would finish the stage (only takes damage from 4 letter words).  I ground out 750 words or so in 45 minutes so it isn't like the glitch is going to save you hours upon hours.

Edit: This is assuming that you didn't use some kind of word with friends app to finish the game without spelling a ton of words.  I beat every stage with no outside help and needed to grind out about 750 words to hit 3,000.

Edited by awf9495

Not necessary. Several people have confirmed that it works on Vita if yoy don't have the patch downloaded.

I not convinced, some says XERO works, some it doesn't. Some say FARTS works, but for the brazilian guy up there, only FARTED works. So it's not working like a charm.

What? Proudy republicans don't have senses of humor?  :D

Hahahaha good one, I'll give you that.

I Can confirm One more Time this Glitch. It Doesn't Work with the new update, Tried Fart, Faterd, Xero always fine, so unistalled the game on Vita and downloded it Without the Patch. And Done! Wrote Farted in the first level, "error" Screen and Achivments Popping up, after a Minute the 3000 Word one Pop-Up and got it! Thanks god there is this glitch i still had 1600 Words to write....

Here is the screen you'll get:

Spoiler

GMgE9f5.jpg

Ignore it And wait Don't close the game!

Edited by Sora9427

as above, FARTS works on Endless mode.. XERO not being accepted (unpatched Vita).

Just wanted to update that this still works. Thanks so much for helping me up my completion! It's kind of hilarious watching the game bug out when you play the word "FARTS."

Sucks I am on ps4 and have to grind out 1200 words since I just got all stars unlocked.  Looks like level one load of grinding here I come lol

1 hour ago, malachi1987 said:

Sucks I am on ps4 and have to grind out 1200 words since I just got all stars unlocked.  Looks like level one load of grinding here I come lol

Will probably help!

On 7/2/2018 at 3:53 AM, MMDE said:

Will probably help!

Would if I had issues with the stars but beat al.ost every level first try. I just have to grind the 3000 and I'm done 

3 hours ago, malachi1987 said:

Would if I had issues with the stars but beat al.ost every level first try. I just have to grind the 3000 and I'm done 

Well, it'd help you with some good words and so many words too.

:D Just got the trophy via "Farted" on Endless mode. 1.00 PSV version.

Game crashed, showed this error message posted earlier and in the background I got a lot of notifications for getting "xxxx words done". Awesome glitch ;) 

Can also confirm that spelling FARTS in the unpatched Vita version still makes the trophy pop.