Born To Spell Trophy - Easy Way Glitch (please confirm!)

Sicho

yeah, as I mentionend on September 23rd, the glitch has been patched out.

However, if you delete the game and redownload it and then interrupt the patch download, you should be able to play it unpatched ... unless digital releases on PS4 come automatically in the latest version? I honestly do not know.

People here in this thread tried this on Vita and there, it works. Might be worth a try on PS4 as well.

Digital PS4 games have the patch rolled in now, so you can't do it on there. 

Still able to be done on Vita though, I just did it. Just pause the smaller download that triggers when you download the game from the store. 

• 2 weeks later...

For those that don't want to rely on a glitch, I just did this on the level 1 crystal star.  I had a ton of money and most upgrades by the time I finished so I equipped the scythe that improves potion effectiveness and just spelled 3 letter words over and over again until I used my last potion and then I would finish the stage (only takes damage from 4 letter words).  I ground out 750 words or so in 45 minutes so it isn't like the glitch is going to save you hours upon hours.

Edit: This is assuming that you didn't use some kind of word with friends app to finish the game without spelling a ton of words.  I beat every stage with no outside help and needed to grind out about 750 words to hit 3,000.

Edited by awf9495
  • Like 2

Not necessary. Several people have confirmed that it works on Vita if yoy don't have the patch downloaded.

I not convinced, some says XERO works, some it doesn't. Some say FARTS works, but for the brazilian guy up there, only FARTED works. So it's not working like a charm.

What? Proudy republicans don't have senses of humor?  :D

Hahahaha good one, I'll give you that.

• 1 month later...

I Can confirm One more Time this Glitch. It Doesn't Work with the new update, Tried Fart, Faterd, Xero always fine, so unistalled the game on Vita and downloded it Without the Patch. And Done! Wrote Farted in the first level, "error" Screen and Achivments Popping up, after a Minute the 3000 Word one Pop-Up and got it! Thanks god there is this glitch i still had 1600 Words to write....

Here is the screen you'll get:

Spoiler

GMgE9f5.jpg

Ignore it And wait Don't close the game!

Edited by Sora9427

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, malachi1987 said:

Sucks I am on ps4 and have to grind out 1200 words since I just got all stars unlocked.  Looks like level one load of grinding here I come lol

Will probably help!

3 hours ago, malachi1987 said:

Would if I had issues with the stars but beat al.ost every level first try. I just have to grind the 3000 and I'm done 

Well, it'd help you with some good words and so many words too.

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...

So I don't have any confirmation on this, but I think this glitch might autopop more than just the 3000 words trophy.  I spelled "farts" on unpatched vita, and I got the error screen, and I saw the "goals" popping in the background, and it popped my 100 critical hits trophy. 

Ok I'm curious.  I'm redownloading the game now unpatched to see.  Going to check the stats after doing the glitch.

Edited by shawn-norris

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the information. I downloaded the game on Vita just to test it out and it worked like a charm with "Farted". Farts only glitched the game out, like the poster above me said before. 

Now I can do the crystal stars and the critical attacks without worrying about the amount of words I spell. 

• 2 months later...

FARTS on vita, v. 1.00, endless mode works as today! disable wi-fi after downloading game as first time ive checked if games version is 1.00, played it, nothing unlocked, then after exiting game i noticed it updated to 1.01. saved me a lot of hours as ive got all remaining trophies on ps4 with just 1500 words.

anyway, its not a crash. its just a funny way to say you cheated. a game that crashes doesnt show stuff like "hi, i just crashed".

Edited by XpanderFX
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...