Chrono Cross Fantasy Trophy List

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Against All Odds  :gold:

Defeated every boss, mandatory and optional, without losing any party members

Unbreakable  :silver:

Defeated a boss, mandatory or optional, without losing any party members

Nice Disguise Agent P  :bronze: < Get the reference?

Find a morph for Sprigg

Quantum Intelligence Differential  :bronze:

Solve all puzzles

True Warrior  :bronze:

Defeat 2500 enemies across every playthrough

Elemental Assistance  :bronze:

Use an Element to heal yourself or a party member

Dimensional Road Trip  :silver:

Cross the dimensional gap

Bow Before Me  :gold:

Complete the game on maximum difficulty

Power Serge  :bronze:

Level up

War Party  :silver:

Fully level up all party members

Hunt for the Truth  :silver:

Explore every available area in both dimensions

Shopping Spree  :silver:

Purchase at least one item of every type from all shopkeepers

Data Interrupted  :gold:

Deal the killing blow to FATE while playing as the weakest member of your party

Edited by AnimeDreama
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Reviving! Been listening to a song that reminds me of Chrono Cross, got nostalgic and am going to play again. 

Then stumbled here. 

I'm thinking crowd funding the project(after talks with Squareenix) 

Edited by Dav9834
Phone keyboard likes to put in different words ><
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 9/15/2017 at 8:55 PM, starcrunch061 said:

No trophy for getting Ozzie Pants? Also, please don't torture players with that awful dragon feeding game. It's a slog with the cheat. Finally, why are you leaving out optional bosses for copycat?

Hi!

I honestly thought this thread was deleted years ago by an admin.

Since I have rediscovered the thread, i'll start to adjust the trophy list and reply to some of the comments. 

I never found the Dragon Feeding to be too difficult (if you are patient).

No trophy for ozzie pants but I'll update as stated.

I left out optional bosses because you can't go back and fight the bosses again (such as Dimension of Time).

• Like 1

On 5/4/2015 at 2:48 AM, Remilia Scarlet said:

Against All Odds  :gold:

Defeated every boss, mandatory and optional, without losing any party members

Unbreakable  :silver:

Defeated a boss, mandatory or optional, without losing any party members

Nice Disguise Agent P  :bronze: < Get the reference?

Find a morph for Sprigg

Quantum Intelligence Differential  :bronze:

Solve all puzzles

True Warrior  :bronze:

Defeat 2500 enemies across every playthrough

Elemental Assistance  :bronze:

Use an Element to heal yourself or a party member

Dimensional Road Trip  :silver:

Cross the dimensional gap

Bow Before Me  :gold:

Complete the game on maximum difficulty

Power Serge  :bronze:

Level up

War Party  :silver:

Fully level up all party members

Hunt for the Truth  :silver:

Explore every available area in both dimensions

Shopping Spree  :silver:

Purchase at least one item of every type from all shopkeepers

Data Interrupted  :gold:

Deal the killing blow to FATE while playing as the weakest member of your party

I like the creativity of these trophy additions. Here are some notes on the trophies.

AGAINST ALL ODDS  / UNBREAKABLE 

While I like a challenge (and even though you should save before each boss fight) I believe this trophy would take away from the game. Of course this looks like a trophy for strategists.

NICE DISGUISE AGENT P

Doppelgangers are pretty easy to gather, even with missing some and a little grinding in dimension of time. 

STORY RELATED TROPHIES

These are something I definitely could have added more of. Specifically in the important key moments of the game. (ie. After Fort Dragonia / Viper Manor / Save or Leave Kid / Defeat All Dragons / etc)

PUZZLE TROPHY

There aren't many puzzles in the game, nor do I believe they are difficult enough for a trophy. Would you consider Criosphinx a puzzle?

TRUE WARRIOR

This would take A LOT of grinding. Even after all endings you'd like not have 2500 enemies slain. Maybe after grinding rainbow material. Don't think this trophy is fitting for this game. Better for longer RPGs, preferably with hordes.

ELEMENTAL ASSISTANCE

I like the idea of this trophy. Perhaps "use every healing element once". Additionally "use every element once" or "use at each type of element once".

DIMENSIONAL ROAD TRIP

This could be one of those key story trophies. 

BOW BEFORE ME

There is not a difficulty in the game. (Unless I missed something for the past 20 years).

POWER SERGE (clever) / WAR PARTY

The level up system is based off stars, which you get after each (aside from the stat boost you get after boss fights and sometimes randomly).

HUNT FOR THE TRUTH

Some places vanish and become inaccessible in certain areas. This would be a miserable trophy for sure. Don't think I would add this one.

SHOPPING SPREE

Once you get SMITH SPIRIT you won't really need weapon shops. I rarely used element shops also.

DATA INTERRUPTED 

Is this based more on mid-battle party health or stats? The idea of dealing the final blow to FATE is interesting. More with a specific character related to the story rather a weak character. 

Overall it seems this list has inspiration from modern RPG trophy list. Creative for sure and some to modify or add to.

Thanks for the comment!

On 8/7/2017 at 3:06 PM, Dav9834 said:

Reviving! Been listening to a song that reminds me of Chrono Cross, got nostalgic and am going to play again. 

Then stumbled here. 

I'm thinking crowd funding the project(after talks with Squareenix) 

Again, I know this was 3 years ago (oops). I believe with SQUARE remastering and remaking so many titles lately, there is a strong chance of Trigger and Cross being RE:.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2020 at 6:11 PM, TakemetoNarnia4 said:

On the wiki it says that it was released on the PSN in 2011 but i cannot find it. Have they removed it? I always wanted to play it since the PS1 era...

The game was available as a PSOne Classic for PS3 and PS Vita. If the game is no longer in the store on those platforms, then the game has been removed.

On 29/12/2020 at 11:11 PM, TakemetoNarnia4 said:

On the wiki it says that it was released on the PSN in 2011 but i cannot find it. Have they removed it? I always wanted to play it since the PS1 era...

Just checked, it's still on the North American store. Try searching the old web store (links in this thread) if you can't find it on consoles.

However, if you're searching any of the European storefronts, you won't find it as it was never released in Europe (not even back when it originally came out on PS1. We missed out on a lot of good JRPGs back in that era thanks to that fact and region locking). You'll need to make a North American PSN account in order to buy it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Just checked, it's still on the North American store. Try searching the old web store (links in this thread) if you can't find it on consoles.

However, if you're searching any of the European storefronts, you won't find it as it was never released in Europe (not even back when it originally came out on PS1. We missed out on a lot of good JRPGs back in that era thanks to that fact and region locking). You'll need to make a North American PSN account in order to buy it.

Hey thanks!

unfortunately i use the EU Store. So sad :( I hope they remake it in the future...

Edited by TakemetoNarnia4
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
38 minutes ago, FranklRD said:

I can't wait, waited years for this game with trophy support :D will be my plat 300.

Hoping for a 100% trophy all ending characters weapons lol

This might end up being plat #500 for me. It's a known quantity. I just hope the trophies are worthwhile (recently, they have been, with Saga Frontier and Legend of Mana having nice lists).

• Like 1