Why do people hate this game.

DeadlyHawk78

Everyone always says this is the worst god of war sometimes people say its a bad game so far I have only played 3 and this but I have the plat on 3 and I am only halfway through ascension and I am enjoying ascension a lot more I have literally no idea why people hate this game. I like the weapons and powers more and I like the areas and enemies more is there a reason or were people just tired of god of war when this was released?

• Like 2

I personally was skeptical at first I i tried it at first myself. Here's why:

1) like you said, this was the 6th God of war oand of course many fans including me were kinda getting weary of the franchise. Mind you I was getting a lil tired at the 3rd gow but it's because I played 4 other ones before it.

2) after playing gow3 I'm pretty sure many felt that this game felt uneeded It felt as filler of some upcoming gow or something

3) in gow 3, you freaking slay the entire Greek Pantheon. You just can't get bigger than that. I mean I felt pretty badass already and unnervous in ascension from the start since the crazy fight with Zeus, Poseidon, Hercules, Hades, etc.. I mean I didn't believe enemies would get any tougher and they didn't so I didn't feel that much of a thrill.

4) graphics were top notch and gameplay was very good, however story fell very short. I mean it added a little different and softer side for kratos and made him look a little bit human than he was before but that's about it. It really didn't add anything new.

5) lastly, the horrible MP was very uneeded and I felt the resources spent towards it could've been made towards ameliorating the game a little more but that's just my opinion. Also this is just for trophy hunters, if you bought the game used, you're out of luck because you have to pay for the online pass for one simple and very stupid online trophy.

However you can bypass it by renting gow ascension for the shortest time possible or for free if you haven't used your PS trial on PS now.

Anyways thats all for me and my opinion about the game. I'll be happy to discuss further arguments or points made about the game :)

side note ( only game with no sex minigame :P)

Edited by poopooblast

I doubt many people cared for the tacked on Multiplayer, but the reason people actually disliked the game is because it couldn't live up to God of War 3. How can you top killing Cronus, Hera, Helios, Hermes, Poseidon, Gaia, Hades, and Zeus? Ascension looked great and I personally liked it, but I get why other people felt let down after how epic the scale of God of War 3 was.

• Like 1

It was trash, especially in contrast to GoW 3. Lame boss battles, no variety in weapons/magic, and the control/mecanical changes make GoWA a very mediocre game. For god sake, half the damn moves were locked behind that "rage meter" bullshit, parry became useless, and they completely revamped the controls that made the other 5 games so great.

• Like 3

I don't hate it. I just dislike the tacked on mp, that pretty much detracted from the singleplayer. I enjoyed the story, and the boss battles... but they kinda fucked the combat over when they designed it to be the same as the multiplayer. Parry, which has been very useful throughout the series... is useless in GoW:A. I can't wait for the new one though. New gods and monsters await. 

I.m fan of GOW, and i like them all. I think the only reason for people hating the Ascension, its because is a short game, Personaly, i love it, but i think its not the best. But if you think, the game is a warning from Santa Monica to tell us "The game will change in the future" (like we see on GOW4 trailer). You dont believe ?? Then, think with me: Its the first game without sex games... The first without yellow light to save (use checkpoint), and some more...
But its a amazing game, like any other GOW... For they have sucess, they dont need change much about the game... Just a new story, new enemys and some weapons and its good (atleast for me). but they do on the new and i think its going to be epic... Some people just complain about everything: if the games dont change "Ohh, always the same", if they change "Ohh, they change the game, its not god of war anymore"... 

For me, this is the list of the best GOW games:
- God of War 2
- God of War 3
- God of War 1
- God of War Ascension
- God of War Ghost of Sparta
- God of War Chains of Olympus

Best saga ever made on Playstation  <3  B)

• Like 1

I.m fan of GOW, and i like them all. I think the only reason for people hating the Ascension, its because is a short game, Personaly, i love it, but i think its not the best. But if you think, the game is a warning from Santa Monica to tell us "The game will change in the future" (like we see on GOW4 trailer). You dont believe ?? Then, think with me: Its the first game without sex games... The first without yellow light to save (use checkpoint), and some more...

But its a amazing game, like any other GOW... For they have sucess, they dont need change much about the game... Just a new story, new enemys and some weapons and its good (atleast for me). but they do on the new and i think its going to be epic... Some people just complain about everything: if the games dont change "Ohh, always the same", if they change "Ohh, they change the game, its not god of war anymore"... 

For me, this is the list of the best GOW games:

- God of War 2

- God of War 3

- God of War 1

- God of War Ascension

- God of War Ghost of Sparta

- God of War Chains of Olympus

Best saga ever made on Playstation  <3  B)

It doesn't have a sex mini-game because of story reasons. It's 6 months after Kratos unwittingly killed his wife and daughter. 

• Like 3

After God of War III it's hard to create another GOW game that can top the epic fights. Ascension was also very confusing with all the flash backs. The goal also wasn't clear until the very last cutscene. I thought Kratos wanted to start his quest for vengeance, like in all the other GOW games, but it turned out his memory was wiped and he wanted that back. Also the lack of inspiration for enemies was something that bothered me. 

Though I liked the boss fights against the imprisoned Titan and against the final Fury.

It doesn't have a sex mini-game because of story reasons. It's 6 months after Kratos unwittingly killed his wife and daughter. 

But Kratos doesn't remember that he killed them until the final cutscene...

Edited by Dragon-Archon

I did hate the game. I played it because it was part of ps plus and I do have the platinum. I hated the first God of War (also plus and platinum) and this was just as bad. I hate platforming and random button mashing. But most important: I just hated the story and characters, right from the beginning. I didn't even bother with it and I don't remember if I could skip cut scenes, I probably did if I could.

I couldn't care less about graphics or 'how cool' this boss or that cut scene looked, in any game. Story and characters are my main enjoyment, and God of War just isn't my type of story nor my kind of characters.

Why did I play it when I already hated the only other God of War I played? It's a quick and easy platinum.

Edited by de_digibeet