End to the Madness ? One Last Time ?

ciccio_92

I skimmed your trophy list, you aren't done yet. Go back and finish the game first, that should give you one of the two trophies you're looking for (End to the Madness).

*Kind of spoilers warning any prying eyes that haven't played this game and are just skimming the forums, turn back now, or not, I can't make you do anything. You've been warned though*

After you beat Code C.H.I.M.P. and Giant Yellow there's another final stage called "Moon Base", beating that will net you the End to the Madness trophy. One last time is given by capturing every monkey in the game and going to the final level (should appear after "Showdown with Specter" on the teleporter iirc)

Or maybe you did beat the game and the trophy list is bugging out on you, I wouldn't put it past a day 1 release of a game, even if it's a port of a ps2 title.

I skimmed your trophy list, you aren't done yet. Go back and finish the game first, that should give you one of the two trophies you're looking for (End to the Madness).

*Kind of spoilers warning any prying eyes that haven't played this game and are just skimming the forums, turn back now, or not, I can't make you do anything. You've been warned though*

After you beat Code C.H.I.M.P. and Giant Yellow there's another final stage called "Moon Base", beating that will net you the End to the Madness trophy. One last time is given by capturing every monkey in the game and going to the final level (should appear after "Showdown with Specter" on the teleporter iirc)

Or maybe you did beat the game and the trophy list is bugging out on you, I wouldn't put it past a day 1 release of a game, even if it's a port of a ps2 title.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYirVXdJIwI   yesterday I banged this version of Specter, but I did not get no trophy. 

so if you caught all the monkeys, unlocking the secret level? but the challenges in time serve to something?

the last trophy that I have taken is that of the yellow monkey.

Edited by ciccio_92

The video is kind of a lie, that's actually the penultimate boss, but yes that should have given you the "End to the Madness" trophy. It's weird you didn't get it, I wish I had an explanation but I don't, maybe try again when you go back through as Spike? That's only a guess but you may be able to get the trophy when you're going for "Back For More"

No you don't even need to touch time trial, just go back through all the levels and capture the remaining monkeys (you'll be booted out when you get the last one of a stage, and it will be given a blue star, like the boss arenas). It sounds like a lot of work but if you know where to look, you're golden. Or even if you don't know, the monkey radar & See All Scope (or whatever it's called, press L2 to go into first person and a series of lines should join together somewhere on screen).

@BEANO you have to finish the final showdown with specter for the trophy for Spike, sorry I was running on (incorrect) word of mouth at the time. I've gotten the trophy since then, I can confirm it's for the final showdown.

@ciccio Theoretically you should, if nothing else going back through as Spike should net the trophies for you (pun somewhat intended). Maybe reattempt it in time trial? Or a new game save? I'm not sure what else to try if that doesn't work though :/

I took all the 300 monkeys, but I only got the trophy One Last Time. 

so I think the trophies End to the Madness it is bug. 
hoped that finishing the game with Spike I can take the missing trophy.

you have tips for the Perfect Score trophy ^-^ ?

For End to the Madness - It's gotta be. If nothing else try with a new Jimmy save and see if that fixes it, if not idk what to tell you but to contact support at https://support.us.playstation.com(this is the american support site, change it to your region as needed).

For Back For More - You need to finish the final showdown with specter, which requires all 300 monkeys being caught to unlock. There's a neat little trick you can do as Spike to speed things along. Press select (left on the touch pad) and highlight the monkey net, then press R1+X. The net will be switched out for the water net, but it works on land, and monkeys can't dodge it! I used it in my entire playthrough as Spike, so I can confirm it works (remember the water net launches nets with R3 instead of a swing, that's true with this version too).

For Perfect Score - Nothing that you haven't likely already figured out yourself. The button press arrows (which for some reason are missing in the ps4 version) is somewhere towards the bottom of the top drumstick, so use that as a reference with the music for when to hit the notes. You'll get it eventually, but you'll need some practice. It took me about 2 hours altogether, I finally got it when going back as Spike. If possible try to memorize some of the notes as well (the ones that play in quick succession can be a bit of a pain if you aren't ready). Other than that, it's just the obvious stuff, stick with song 1, don't screw up too often (I got a perfect when I finished with all nice moves, but I've seen people get through with a couple terrible ranks, so you should be okay if you mess up once or twice). For me this was the hardest trophy in the game by a significant margin and it alone pushes the difficulty of the game up a point or two.

Edited by Mayodoctor

I've already mentioned this in another thread, but this trophy (apparently along with several others) is glitched. I've attempted to earn End to the Madness several times using an old save, as well as a brand new one as Spike, sometimes redownloading the game and restoring the database of my PS4 in the hopes that it would pop, but I've gotten nothing.

Seems like the only solution is a patch to fix the issues. Since there's relatively few people playing this game, though, I somehow doubt a patch will come. Would anyone happen to know how to report these types of bugs to Sony's emulation team?

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately, I can say this did not pop for me either. I beat this back in august and I haven't tried since then, does anyone know of any patches or if this has been fixed? I really don't want to play though to see(I beat the spike playthrough in one day and it kind of turned me off of the game),  but its driving me crazy as its the last one I need..

Update: after I deleted all the data, re downloaded, then tortuously sat through another play though, it popped for me first go. I got lucky

Edited by Xdrake24

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 11/6/2016 at 9:44 PM, Xdrake24 said:

Unfortunately, I can say this did not pop for me either. I beat this back in august and I haven't tried since then, does anyone know of any patches or if this has been fixed? I really don't want to play though to see(I beat the spike playthrough in one day and it kind of turned me off of the game),  but its driving me crazy as its the last one I need..

Update: after I deleted all the data, re downloaded, then tortuously sat through another play though, it popped for me first go. I got 

i deleted my data and replayed the game and it still didn’t pop. 

• 8 months later...
On 15/06/2022 at 10:21 AM, riku1274 said:

Any chance they fixed this trophy with the new PS+ release? Id guess not, as I doubt they made any changes, but thought it was worth to ask.

I got this game from PS+ and this trophies still not popping 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just played through the first fight with spector. I read online somewhere that it should unlock if you hit the robot monkey with your stun saber always. So that's what I did. And "end to the madness" popped up for me right on the final hit. Also playing on ps5 with the flashing bizazrro graphics. 

Haven't done the final showdown or the spike playthrough yet. 

dude, that last fight with specter as Spike is a huge "go FUCK yourself" fight. but, i can confirm, on ps5 i have unlocked all the trophies. So if you feel like the crazy graphic glitches might block you out of it, it probably wont. i dont know what glitches the trophy, if its random, but for the End to the Madness trophy, just be sure to use your stun saber the whole time. 

with the final specter fights, i used the magic punch glove and the dash hoop to damage him. 

• 4 weeks later...

I just got End to the Madness. To give quick context, this trophy was glitched for me for many years. Could not get it to pop even after defeating him countless times even on different playthroughs/saves. After reading this thread, I tried once again and got it. Played on time trail mode as spike, used stun club to damage Specter. As soon as you destroy the mech, the trophy pops.

This is defo a buggy trophy so it might have just been luck.

Edit: Played on PS4 version if that affects things

Edited by NaughtNaught

9 hours ago, NaughtNaught said:

I just got End to the Madness. To give quick context, this trophy was glitched for me for many years. Could not get it to pop even after defeating him countless times even on different playthroughs/saves. After reading this thread, I tried once again and got it. Played on time trail mode as spike, used stun club to damage Specter. As soon as you destroy the mech, the trophy pops.

This is defo a buggy trophy so it might have just been luck.

Edit: Played on PS4 version if that affects things

So you didn’t have to replay it and delete saved data?

On 7/27/2022 at 2:58 AM, NaughtNaught said:

That's right! Even after full 100% data save, go back to stage and go to time trial. I really hope this is a surefire to get the trophy pop. Keep us updated!

No luck, but then I realized I didn’t do it with spike. Not sure if that made a difference as I never bothered to play as spike because I couldn’t get the other trophy.