this game needs more direction for newbies.

clintstrifez

ive tried on multiple occasions to get into this game but every time i try i have no idea what im doing in said mission. Today I tried to obtain a control model for my odata wing assembly on a mission on the void since thats the only planet that shows that icon to obtain them. i get about 3 or 4 but than fail the mission because im suppose to catch something with no idea how. Do I lead it somewhere? do i shoot it? do i have to use some sort of capture tool unique to the mission? So of course i fail the mission and i get nothing for my trouble. last week i played a mission that pits you against 2 bosses and after playing for over n hour i get insta killed 4 times and fail the mission because they are way over powered for my level. agian i get nothing for my time. sadly after multiple attempts ive finally had enough of the lack of direction, the pay wall in order to use anything diff (sure you can get the blue print but were the hell do i get the parts?) weapon wise or character wise. so i deleted this game off my hard drive. which sucks because i really like the combat and look of the game but for this to happen time and time again is ridiculous. i dont hate this game, but i wont waste my time on a game that doesn't tell you what the hell your suppose to do next.     

ive tried on multiple occasions to get into this game but every time i try i have no idea what im doing in said mission. Today I tried to obtain a control model for my odata wing assembly on a mission on the void since thats the only planet that shows that icon to obtain them. i get about 3 or 4 but than fail the mission because im suppose to catch something with no idea how. Do I lead it somewhere? do i shoot it? do i have to use some sort of capture tool unique to the mission? So of course i fail the mission and i get nothing for my trouble. last week i played a mission that pits you against 2 bosses and after playing for over n hour i get insta killed 4 times and fail the mission because they are way over powered for my level. agian i get nothing for my time. sadly after multiple attempts ive finally had enough of the lack of direction, the pay wall in order to use anything diff (sure you can get the blue print but were the hell do i get the parts?) weapon wise or character wise. so i deleted this game off my hard drive. which sucks because i really like the combat and look of the game but for this to happen time and time again is ridiculous. i dont hate this game, but i wont waste my time on a game that doesn't tell you what the hell your suppose to do next.     

Have you checked out the Warframe forums? A lot of big games like that have a ton of info to read that isn't explained ingame.

when ps4 first came out i would play warframe nonstop, i put in alot of hours. although it took me forever to know exactly wth was even going on. im serious it took me at least a month or to to even understand the layout and what everything meant. and even when i learned all that, i still wasnt sure if what i was doing was correct but i loved playing infestations

and then the worst possible thing ever happened, they changed the gui into the crap they have now. i had to unlearn everything i know and start over with the mess layout they threw at us. i tried multiple times to figure it out and i just cant. maybe im just stupid i dunno. but its like a entirely mind baffling game to me now. i dont know what planets are first and last or the routes i dont know ANYTHING! and this is after prob 100 hours of playing maybe.

so i feel bad for people just starting. i had all the original trophies and then the first few patches trophies. and then when it got to patch 4 or whatever and they changed the layout i tapped out. i saved the game for a while going back to it sometimes hoping i could enjoy it like i use to and i cant, smply because i cant sit there for a hour trying to study the layout and why the F they made it so horrible when it was fine before. i finally deleted it. its not worth the frusteration.

i even made a video specific guide on how to play the game to help people since it was so confusing and it helped tons of people who were just as lost as me, and then they changed the layout so now people are like why doesnt my game look like this video? im like well i wish i could make a updated one but unfortunately i have a iq of 0 now when it comes to warframe

• Like 1

Have you checked out the Warframe forums? A lot of big games like that have a ton of info to read that isn't explained ingame.

if they cant explain "IN GAME" how to play there game and do everything than thats on the developer not me. im not gonna go read a ton of shit at an alternate source just to understand what to do. that needs to be put in game. no excuse. 

for capture missions you have to "kill" the enemies then you will be given the option to "capture" it. also i do agree there should be better in-game tutorials. There is a new star chart in the coming update as well:

ZgqNXGQ.jpg

sorry buddy but to little to late. if they make a BIG improvement with the flow of the game ill re download it. but im done until then. 

• 1 month later...