Slingshot DLC withdrawn from PSN

fastflowdaman

As the title says. It seems the DLC (and the game itself) has/have been delisted.

Which sucks immensely, because I was waiting for a sale, as the DLC was ridiculously overpriced, especially since Enemy Within is sold at a bargain. It wouldn't be so bad if Enemy Within shared the same trophy list.

There goes another possible 100%. Fuck this digital-only bs.

Heartwarming detail: If you access the store through the game, you can still purchase this crappy style-my-Barbie Elite Soldier Pack.

Edited by fastflowdaman

That sucks. Does anyone know if this DLC was added to the Vita version of the game?

The vita version (XCOM: Enemy Unknown plus) is just Enemy Within so the Slingshot DLC should be in the vita version as a main part of the story.

Edit: Nevermind. Since the vita version is based off of the Android/IOS versions Slingshot is not in it.

Edited by soultaker655

Its been delisted from EU and US but asian psstore still has the Slingshot DLC, from what I know XCOM Enemy Within is actually an upgraded version of XCOM EU which contains everything but you can only unlock trophies for the XCOM EW by playing it.

• Like 1

I just looked on the PC Playstation store and everything related to the PS3 XCOM Enemy Unknown disappeared ( the game and it's dlcs)

It seems the DLC (and the game itself) has/have been delisted.

Heartwarming detail: If you access the store through the game, you can still purchase this crappy style-my-Barbie Elite Soldier Pack.

Exactly.

Its been delisted from EU and US but asian psstore still has the Slingshot DLC, from what I know XCOM Enemy Within is actually an upgraded version of XCOM EU which contains everything but you can only unlock trophies for the XCOM EW by playing it.

It wouldn't be so bad if Enemy Within shared the same trophy list.

Yeah, I bought EW just to find out about that afterwards.

Edited by fastflowdaman

It's ridiculous that a singleplayer DLC is delisted, while MP DLC like Bulletstorm is still available even though the servers closed a long time ago and the MP can't be played anymore.

I'd instantly buy it, but it wouldn't be compatible with my game.

You can always get the JP version of XCOM EU too.

I had a feeling something like this would happen. 

You must have amazing spidey senses to see this one coming :o.

• Like 1

Good thing that I did bought it long ago (still missing 1 or 2 trophies from the DLC, but where to hard to clear early game for me, so I redownloaded the game without the DLC, since it becomes integrated into the main story when it's installed)..

Said that, I will just need to look through the 1600+ itens in my download list to find it, since usually it's still there even after being delisted from the store...

• Like 1

FWIW in the Hong Kong PSN Store, Slingshot Product ID is for the US version of the game (BLUS30943) and the digital Product ID for XCOM: EU base game is exact same what GameFAQs lists as the USA digital release (NPUB31119). I don't know if this is a mishap. GameFAQs lists the Asian retail release as Product ID BLAS-50353.

If the Product IDs listed on HK Store are correct, the DLC isn't actually compatible with the Asian release but the US one. Obviously you'd have to have the US disc and purchase the HK DLC to verify.

You can always get the JP version of XCOM EU too.

No you can't. No XCOM has ever been released on disc in Japan, the game is delisted in Japan Store provided it was ever there in the first place, and the Product IDs never match Asia, regardless (Japan discs are BLJMnnnnn and Asia discs BLASnnnnn).

Edited by ars

FWIW in the Hong Kong PSN Store, Slingshot Product ID is for the US version of the game (BLUS30943) and the digital Product ID for XCOM: EU base game is exact same what GameFAQs lists as the USA digital release (NPUB31119). I don't know if this is a mishap. GameFAQs lists the Asian retail release as Product ID BLAS-50353.

If the Product IDs listed on HK Store are correct, the DLC isn't actually compatible with the Asian release but the US one. Obviously you'd have to have the US disc and purchase the HK DLC to verify.

No you can't. No XCOM has ever been released on disc in Japan, the game is delisted in Japan Store provided it was ever there in the first place, and the Product IDs never match Asia, regardless (Japan discs are BLJMnnnnn and Asia discs BLASnnnnn).

I'd really like to know if it made sense to secure the HK DLC and then try to get a US copy of the game. But I'd need to know for sure that the stuff is compatible first.

I believe you could demand a refund in a case like this: "the store says it is compatible with my disc, but it isn't!"

However I just reported what I can verify from the store link. Unless Sony HK customer support is able to give a proper answer there is no way to know for sure without testing it, which would require the DLC purchase...

Edit: hold on a sec, I reported my findings on PST.org and one of the members is trying it out. More news later today.

Edited by ars

Wait, what? So how come the DLC is available when the game isn't?