Slingshot DLC withdrawn from PSN

fastflowdaman

1 hour ago, Bubblyfishes said:

People are throwing around EU for both Enemy Unknown and Europe, that's why I got confused. No offense taken, think before you drop a comment, I'm not an idiot.

Yes sir, that's it.

I already got it from the other guy's comment. No need to explain it a second time.

If there's someone who needs to use his brain it's still you though. Even if the EU thing might have been confusing, logic dictates that there's no EU-as-in-Europe game in the US (or any other non-EU) store. Should be easy enough.

Edited by fastflowdaman
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, fastflowdaman said:

I already got it from the other guy's comment. No need to explain it a second time.

If there's someone who needs to use his brain it's still you though. Even if the EU thing might have been confusing, logic dictates that there's no EU-as-in-Europe game in the US (or any other non-EU) store. Should be easy enough.

Okay chief, lmao. Thank you very much for your insights. ?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to actually buying some stuff on the Hong Kong store so I can now do this no problem, but question, preferably to those who are in the European region as you can talk from experience.

If I get the Hong Kong DLC I'm out of luck on the version I have which is the European version. So I have to get either the American (disc or digital doesn't matter) or Hong Kong version of the game. Having played a Hong Kong game recently I assume both will be in English, the only difference being X and Circle being swapped controlwise on the Hong Kong version which is annoying but whatever.

Now my question is, and I have asked before but now feel I may have misunderstood... will my European version save files work? Considering you can apparently just do the DLC endgame it'd be real nice if I didn't need to do a 6th playthrough to get the DLC done. Instead just loading my endgame European save file and going from there.

I know some might get testy with this, you know, sort of "what do you think idiot" type affair as it should be obvious, but I'm only asking as I've had people be wrong before on something else (told me a patched save wouldn't work on an unpatched game when it did).

13 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

Finally got round to actually buying some stuff on the Hong Kong store so I can now do this no problem, but question, preferably to those who are in the European region as you can talk from experience.

If I get the Hong Kong DLC I'm out of luck on the version I have which is the European version. So I have to get either the American (disc or digital doesn't matter) or Hong Kong version of the game. Having played a Hong Kong game recently I assume both will be in English, the only difference being X and Circle being swapped controlwise on the Hong Kong version which is annoying but whatever.

Now my question is, and I have asked before but now feel I may have misunderstood... will my European version save files work? Considering you can apparently just do the DLC endgame it'd be real nice if I didn't need to do a 6th playthrough to get the DLC done. Instead just loading my endgame European save file and going from there.

I know some might get testy with this, you know, sort of "what do you think idiot" type affair as it should be obvious, but I'm only asking as I've had people be wrong before on something else (told me a patched save wouldn't work on an unpatched game when it did).

Can's say it's the same here, but general rule is, saves are locked to the game's region, so you'll need to start a brand new save. There are some exceptions though...

Well I got the chance to check myself. Yeah, European save files don't work with the American version as expected. So European players got to do an extra playthrough unless they use the American version from the start. Annoying, but what is 1 more when you got to do 5 anyway... at least the 6th will have some new content... yeah.

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, ahmwe said:

Hello there I bought Xcom enemy unknown a disk one ( BLUS ) 30943, I bought slingshot DLC from HK store will DLC compatible with my US account? how about if I buy The game from HK account with the DLC & play it in my US account does it work? 

The US physical version of the game (the one you have here) should work with HK dlc.

As for HK version, i haven't tested it on my account, but i can't think of any reason why it won't work.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dimonemt said:

The US physical version of the game (the one you have here) should work with HK dlc.

As for HK version, i haven't tested it on my account, but i can't think of any reason why it won't work.

Really appreciate it your fast response I also bought the HK version of the game with the DLC & will test it out & feed you back.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone,

I bought the slingshot DLC and I have a european disc, I can see that the dlc is downloaded on my system. I begin a new game, I see no changes whatsoever and so I wait until the first council mission and... nothing it does not offer me the Slingshot option. Am I missing something here or am I doomed? :(

Thanks if anyone replies!

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, fercha_jn said:

Does the dlc work for the digital version of the US ??? Thank you

buy Xcom enemy unknown a disk one ( BLUS ) 30943 make sure this code on the CD & get the DLC from HK store & you should be totally ultimately fine . 

• 2 years later...

The full version of the game + DLC can be purchased from the digital HK Store (Hong Kong).

XCOM: Enemy Unknown (English/Korean Ver.) 312 HK$
XCOM: Enemy Unknown Slingshot Content Pack (English/Korean Ver.) 52 HK$
XCOM: Enemy Unknown Elite Soldier Pack (English/Korean Ver.) 38 HK$

Step 1. Create a Hong Kong PSN account. It's simple and you don't need any proof of identity. The HK store is in English language and there will be no problems in navigation.
Step 2. Buy PSN Hong Kong Prepaid Card 500 HKD from any marketplace. Example.
Step 3. Activate the coupon and buy the full game + DLC.

There is information that the version of the game on the disc with the code BLUS 30943 is compatible with DLC from the HK Store.

Edited by TiamaTiK
Error correction.
  • Like 2

On 13.8.2023 at 9:38 PM, TiamaTiK said:

The full version of the game + DLC can be purchased from the digital HK Store.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown (English/Korean Ver.) 312 HK$
XCOM: Enemy Unknown Slingshot Content Pack (English/Korean Ver.) 52 HK$
XCOM: Enemy Unknown Elite Soldier Pack (English/Korean Ver.) 38 HK$

I'm really considering to get this. What's stopping me is that I don't know how to get on about it. Like I don't know how to create and navigate an HK account in case it uses Chinese Kanji. Also I have no idea where or how to charge an HK account with HK$. If I could get past those problems I'd everything required for 100% immediately.

On 8/16/2023 at 6:51 AM, Ivotas said:

I'm really considering to get this. What's stopping me is that I don't know how to get on about it. Like I don't know how to create and navigate an HK account in case it uses Chinese Kanji. Also I have no idea where or how to charge an HK account with HK$. If I could get past those problems I'd everything required for 100% immediately.

Step 1. Create a Hong Kong PSN account. It's simple and you don't need any proof of identity. The HK store is in english language and there will be no problems in navigation.

There is information that the version of the game on the disc with the code BLUS 30943 is compatible with DLC from the HK Store.

The full version of the game + DLC can be purchased from the digital HK Store (Hong Kong).

- XCOM: Enemy Unknown (English/Korean Ver.) 312 HK$
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown Slingshot Content Pack (English/Korean Ver.) 52 HK$
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown Elite Soldier Pack (English/Korean Ver.) 38 HK$

Edited by TiamaTiK
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, TiamaTiK said:

Step 1. Create a Hong Kong PSN account. It's simple and you don't need any proof of identity. The HK store is in english language and there will be no problems in navigation.

- XCOM: Enemy Unknown (English/Korean Ver.) 312 HK$
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown Slingshot Content Pack (English/Korean Ver.) 52 HK$
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown Elite Soldier Pack (English/Korean Ver.) 38 HK$

Thank you very much for the feedback mate. Managed to set everything up and have the items in my shopping cart. Will only have to get the card with my next salary.😅

You've been a huge help. Much appreciated.^^

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ivotas said:

Thank you very much for the feedback mate. Managed to set everything up and have the items in my shopping cart. Will only have to get the card with my next salary.😅

You've been a huge help. Much appreciated.^^

Did it like this, so i can confirm that it works.

You can also look at eneba for HK psn cards, best source i used for this.

Also, hit me up for the online trophy ;)

Edited by WreckItPhil
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, WreckItPhil said:

Did it like this, so i can confirm that it works.

You can also look at eneba for HK psn cards, best source i used for this.

Also, hit me up for the online trophy ;)

Thank you very much for the feedback mate. It's still gonna be a long while until I actually tackle that game. But I'll gladly get back to you if I start it sooner rather than later.^^