Would you start a game where the platinum is unobtainable?

BDJBS_

Yes. I was recently thinking of buying Lord of The Rings Conquest on ps3. Why? Because it's a great game. I could care less about platnium.

You could care less, or you couldn't care less?

Anyway, getting back to the topic, no, I wouldn't. What causes a plat to be unobtainable? Things like server closures, which piss me off. If a developer can't support its product, neither will I.

Yeah. When I look at a game that I want to play, I don't see a platinum that I HAVE to get. I see a game that I want to play.

The games that I REALLY love I want to platinum. It means more to me when I get those. Could care less about my completion ratio, which is already bad enough as is. Hence why I don't give a crap if I can't get a platinum in a game.

• Like 3

Since im a bit completion whorie these days (I want to get my completion rate drastically up). I will probably play it, but it will be on the back of my backlog (unless it is a really great game that I really like to play). I don't feel like playing it on an alt account, since they are still trophies

You could care less, or you couldn't care less?

Anyway, getting back to the topic, no, I wouldn't. What causes a plat to be unobtainable? Things like server closures, which piss me off. If a developer can't support its product, neither will I.

Both? xD it's not a big deal to me tbh. I play games because games are fun. Not for virtual achievements.
  • Like 2

Hell yeah I will!! I don't care if the plat's obtainable or not, trophies don't make the game fun for me. Its the actual game itself that'll make it fun for me. Trophies are just an extra incentive to pick it up and run through it until you obtain the :platinum:. I've started a few games that the plat's unobtainable, yet I still enjoyed them. Plus, I can always go back to them whenever I can, because there's no rush to pop any online trophies.

• Like 1

Basically the response are

1) non trophy hunters will say yes

2) trophy hunters will say absolutely no or they may play it on a separate account.

As for me, it would have to be a great game for me to buy it if the plat was unobtainable. I tend to only pick underrated game I'd I can achieve a plat otherwise I wouldn't have tried it from the first place and would've just been stuck playing the famous triple A titles.

Edited by poopooblast

I still would. Most of the time, if a platinum is unobtainable is because of the online trophies, and I don't even like getting those in the first place, so... I'd just tell myself I completed the part of the game I cared about.

Even if it was a buggy offline trophy, I'd just shrug it off. I play the game to have fun, not for the trophies. And unobtainable offline trophies can't be that common, right?

Of course not !

Btw do you remember when dying light platinum  at first of lauch was unobtainable because some trophies was bugged? Lol people almost implore to Techland to fix that bugs xD

Incase you and others have the wrong idea though, Techland fixed that issue like a year ago? It's almost been a year.

Edited by Stevieboy
Don't air off topic issues in the forums.
  • Like 1