Is challenge six really that bad?

DeadlyHawk78

I am planning on buying this game soon since it looks like a fun unique shooter but I am wondering is challenge six really that bad? I would think with a good 15 or so hours of non stop practice you can win for sure is it really that hard that its literally impossible for some people or can it be done with hours of practice?

Edited by DeadlyHawk78
  • Like 3

I can't say bad is the right word. It is extremely damn hard, that's for sure :D

But, as you said, with practice, and watching youtube videos, it can be done. As long as you keep trying and trying. For some, it may take 10 hours, for others - 100.

It is the last one left for me, I keep trying it from time to time, but so far no luck :D One day I will get that plat, one day :)

Edited by Silentium
  • Like 3

Challenge 6 is quite a step-up compared to the other challenges, but it can be done with practice, patience, and perseverance (that almost sounds like a sales pitch :lol: ). Almost everyone dies a lot and during the final wave you need a bit of luck when facing the twin bogeys. Watching videos definitely helped me to find strategies that worked most of the times, but you still need to get your own skill to pull it off.

• Like 1

Buy it dude, give it a go! Its not that bad... You just swear in multiple languages and break countless controllers lol kidding. It is a challenge for some, rewarding once you get it done though. Have fun with it. Smash that platinum!

• Like 1

It's hard, but not impossible (proof: me) there are a lot of videos of Challenge 6 around. You just need to follow them + a bit skill + some training.

I personally got all the trophy then spent the next few days keep dying in Challenge 6. I decided to move on to other games and few months later I came back and beat it in 2 days (first day was for getting used to the control again, I guess I git gud by playing other games)

So it's a matter of how much patient and skill you have. You profile doesn't have many action game so I cannot be certain whether you will be able to platinum it or not.

• Like 2

I am planning on buying this game soon since it looks like a fun unique shooter but I am wondering is challenge six really that bad? I would think with a good 15 or so hours of non stop practice you can win for sure is it really that hard that its literally impossible for some people or can it be done with hours of practice?

It is not that bad. I haven't beat it myself but I have come so close multiple times, I basically did without anything to show for it. Ultimately I started playing something else and just got busy with other games and never went back. I don't think you would even need 15 hours of just practicing the challenge, but of course beating it helps so you are fresh on the mechanics. I have heard people say they had more problem with challenge 4 than 6 so keep that in mind if you haven't gotten to that challenge yet. When I get my PS3 back from some family in September, I am definitely going for it again and I am 100% sure I will beat it.

Don't let the hesitation of Challenge 6 stop you from buying the game. It is so much fun and IMO one of the best Action games ever made. The fact that you haven't played the game yet is perfect because after you beat it on Hard, you can move onto the Challenges right away and the gameplay will be super fresh. It is going to be hard for me because it has been a little over 3 years since I played the game and I don't even remember the buttons and would be super rusty. I will probably have to beat it on hard just to get warmed up again.

Now is the time to pick it up friend. It's on sale in NA :). I picked it up after Manning up. Lol wish me luck guys and good luck to you when you purchase it :D

Rooting for you man! :highfive:

Edited by skateak
  • Like 3

I Actually made it to challenge 6 this year after giving up on challenge 3 many moons agao, pretty much it's easy to some gamers and difficult to others.

I tried and tried, watched videos and was patient to learn, Welp that changed fast after a week

I kept on getting destroyed and made it wave 3 some how :o and decided once again to move on to my other 3,000 plus un-erned trophies <_<, on day I'll spend a week trying it (AGAIN) but at the moment there are other games to play.

honestly I'm just happy to make to #6 :)

Fact- Challenging to my brain but not to other brain

hope you succeed, you might have the proper brain waves to win :D

Edited by Behemoth Balls
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot! Will probably start it in at least a month, but now I'm working on the saboteur, a pretty unique 3rd person open world game by EA and Alice madness returns also by EA lol. I mean they force a lot of dlc in a game but man they they make good games \_(<.<)_/

Rooting for you man! :highfive:

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this trophy is the mother of all nightmares lmao. After many years leaving the game aside, I'll be back with it this summer... I'll fill some buckets with my tears.

P.S. holy christ. Just saw looking at my profile I began the game more than 5 years ago. Maybe I took too much time to get back.

Aaaand two years after...

I SURRENDER, LOL

Edited by Ekir
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
16 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

I am actually thinking about to play/plat this game...

Here's my opinion:

Story is trash but that's not why you would play this game and it's for the gameplay. Very fast, very exhilarating and pretty challenging too. 

The challenges especially 4 and 6 are a pain in the ass. I remember taking so many tries trying to get challenge 6 and was close to giving up. Randomly one day I got home, was in a bad mood/ emotionless if you will but I fired up the game because why not and after completing it my mood turned 180°. Basically challenge 6 is extremely satisfying once you manage to beat it. 

Unfortunately though you really have to have twitchy fingers, knowing the spawn point and be aware of your surroundings at all times. That along with dodging nonstop like a maniac (kind of like moving as if you're handicapped haha or the equivalent of bunny hopping in games if you will) to avoid getting hit. 

Other than that, it's nothing that a lot of practice/ perseverance can't accomplish. Good luck!

• Like 1

Challenges 1-5, you can basically follow videos mostly as the waves of enemies react pretty predictably. In Challenge 6 several waves, particularly the Bogey and 2 X Bogey waves, are going to be different each time so you are going to have to adapt. But even though adaptation is required, you need a solid plan to follow to carry it out. After watching several challenge 6 videos I incorporated strategies from several videos for each wave, then mapped out where the weapons are and had a plan for what weapons I needed to grab between rounds and how I needed to shift around weapons each round before killing the last enemy. It's just going to take a lot of practice of incrementally getting better so that you figure out how most efficiently to clear each round, while not wasting resources that are better used in later rounds.

If you are just wanting to play it to experience w/o platting, then I recommend it without hesitation as the combat system is a joy.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

Here's my opinion:

Story is trash but that's not why you would play this game and it's for the gameplay. Very fast, very exhilarating and pretty challenging too. 

The challenges especially 4 and 6 are a pain in the ass. I remember taking so many tries trying to get challenge 6 and was close to giving up. Randomly one day I got home, was in a bad mood/ emotionless if you will but I fired up the game because why not and after completing it my mood turned 180°. Basically challenge 6 is extremely satisfying once you manage to beat it. 

Unfortunately though you really have to have twitchy fingers, knowing the spawn point and be aware of your surroundings at all times. That along with dodging nonstop like a maniac (kind of like moving as if you're handicapped haha or the equivalent of bunny hopping in games if you will) to avoid getting hit. 

Other than that, it's nothing that a lot of practice/ perseverance can't accomplish. Good luck!

Thanks for the response! Didn't expect that in this old thread. Yeah I heard all kind of things about challenge number 6, that is one of the appeals. Let's say I already struggle with the hard mode during the story. Is that already a bad sign, considering I wanna tackle challenge 6 one day?

3 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

Thanks for the response! Didn't expect that in this old thread. Yeah I heard all kind of things about challenge number 6, that is one of the appeals. Let's say I already struggle with the hard mode during the story. Is that already a bad sign, considering I wanna tackle challenge 6 one day?

No worries! Mmm kinda but not really lol. I mean I totally sucked initially because you have to learn the controls and be vigilant/responsive to bullets and rockets flying your way (gets pretty hectic) but once you get used to the controls and the feel of the game you'll find the campaign satisfying to complete and pretty doable actually. 

Imo actually hard difficulty is an underestimate of the level of difficulty you'd expect for challenge 6.

Idk if you've played uncharted 4 but it's like uncharted 4 on crushing is hard mode of vanquish (hard mode is a little

easier in vanquish actually) while challenge 4/6 is like survival mode on crushing in uncharted. Kind of like that.

If you decide to try the campaign on hard it will give you a taste of what to expect but the challenges are more difficult simply because there's a greater chance to die when the rounds are long and packed full of tough enemies. It'll just come down to watching a few videos/ reading a few guides to see how people tackled those. Then it's just a matter of executing the right moves / improvising a little if things don't go your way. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

You brought up a three old thread, so you shouldn't be surprised.

I would not give up on it, I would just keep practicing and practicing. If I was somebody who gave up easily or someone who just played the story of a game and moved on, I never would of gotten as far as I did in Super Meat Boy or did Furier difficulty in Furi.

Let me know how the challenges are, because I plan to tackle and enjoy this game very soon.

Edited by Spaz

On 17.4.2019 at 2:39 PM, PooPooBlast said:

No worries! Mmm kinda but not really lol. I mean I totally sucked initially because you have to learn the controls and be vigilant/responsive to bullets and rockets flying your way (gets pretty hectic) but once you get used to the controls and the feel of the game you'll find the campaign satisfying to complete and pretty doable actually. 

Imo actually hard difficulty is an underestimate of the level of difficulty you'd expect for challenge 6.

Idk if you've played uncharted 4 but it's like uncharted 4 on crushing is hard mode of vanquish (hard mode is a little

easier in vanquish actually) while challenge 4/6 is like survival mode on crushing in uncharted. Kind of like that.

If you decide to try the campaign on hard it will give you a taste of what to expect but the challenges are more difficult simply because there's a greater chance to die when the rounds are long and packed full of tough enemies. It'll just come down to watching a few videos/ reading a few guides to see how people tackled those. Then it's just a matter of executing the right moves / improvising a little if things don't go your way. 

Thanks for the insight. As soon as I try it out I will put it in this thread. Before platinum #100 I wanted to do another really hard one (even though I initially was done with it after Mirror's Edge ;)) and beyond that I heard that Vanquish is a fantastic game!

On 17.4.2019 at 2:59 PM, Startyde said:

It's been my last trophy for 7+ years, so there ya go. 

Oh boy!

On 18.4.2019 at 1:28 AM, Spaz said:

You brought up a three old thread, so you shouldn't be surprised.

I would not give up on it, I would just keep practicing and practicing. If I was somebody who gave up easily or someone who just played the story of a game and moved on, I never would of gotten as far as I did in Super Meat Boy or did Furier difficulty in Furi.

Let me know how the challenges are, because I plan to tackle and enjoy this game very soon.

It still needs to attract people to read about such an old game. I will keep you updated about the challenges as soon as I start it.

• Like 2