Is challenge six really that bad?

DeadlyHawk78

Getting the hang out of it.  ^^ At one point, the first 3 waves won't be much of a problem. The last 2 are the ones that really put you in a difficult situation. Also, I don't know about you but remember to pause if you need to catch some air. I remember I almost had a heart attack when I was able to defeat one of the bogeys first on round 5. Had to pause, catch my breath and take a walk around the house before returning to beat the last one lol.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Getting the hang out of it.  ^^ At one point, the first 3 waves won't be much of a problem. The last 2 are the ones that really put you in a difficult situation. Also, I don't know about you but remember to pause if you need to catch some air. I remember I almost had a heart attack when I was able to defeat one of the bogeys first on round 5. Had to pause, catch my breath and take a walk around the house before returning to beat the last one lol.

Yeah wave 1 - 3 are pretty good right now but the beginning of wave 4 and 5 are really stressful. I actually managed to kill th blue bogey in one of the tries but died because of the other one. Stupid me rolled right into his big laser beam. At least I have way more routine now.

• Like 1

Fuck this game! I faced the last wave like 12 times now and can't beat these two idiots. The weirdest crap always kills me. I am so frustrated right now. Doing wave 1 to 3 over and over and over again just to die in 4 or 5. What I hate the most is the pure luck you need. The two times where I killed one of the bogeys the attack pattern was kinda okay. Besides that it's been always shit.

One bombards you with countless lasers while the two things are up in the air to overheat your suit and the other guy shoots with this thick blast that insta kills you. What the fuck are you suupposed to do when they spam these attacks constantly?! The strange thing is that I have the feeling that I already should've done this challenge a long time ago.

I am at that stage where everything annoys me. I can't even stand the sounds of some attacks or the dying scream of Sam or hearing that buzzing sound when your suit is fucked up. My motivation is pretty much gone, since I see no progression anymore.

40 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

Fuck this game! I faced the last wave like 12 times now and can't beat these two idiots. The weirdest crap always kills me. I am so frustrated right now. Doing wave 1 to 3 over and over and over again just to die in 4 or 5. What I hate the most is the pure luck you need. The two times where I killed one of the bogeys the attack pattern was kinda okay. Besides that it's been always shit.

One bombards you with countless lasers while the two things are up in the air to overheat your suit and the other guy shoots with this thick blast that insta kills you. What the fuck are you suupposed to do when they spam these attacks constantly?! The strange thing is that I have the feeling that I already should've done this challenge a long time ago.

I am at that stage where everything annoys me. I can't even stand the sounds of some attacks or the dying scream of Sam or hearing that buzzing sound when your suit is fucked up. My motivation is pretty much gone, since I see no progression anymore.

Right now is pretty much a matter of when you will beat it. I remember after like a week of trying, I had a free time of 45 minutes and started playing without expectations. I beat it on my first try that day and believe me, I was doing just ok till the end. If you feel the frustration, just take a small break and give it a go after a few hours or the next day! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

I fuckin did it!! I actually took a break and tried it again. And how I said before, it all came down to good patterns. The first bogey died pretty fast and the second one got stuck somewhere at the beginning point. Weirdly enough that happened to one of the blue robots in phase 4 too. Took me forever to find/kill him. That explains the time of almost 25 minutes.

Anyway now I collect the last statues and do the mop up.

Vanquish

Congrats, welcome to the club :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm going to start this game soon, but considering this game has a %2.5 plat rate, it can't be TOO difficult. Stuff like Trackmania Turbo, or Olliolli2, which I have done was doable and is at %0.6

This is one of the first games I heard about back in the day known for its challenging trophies so I look forward to it. It has kind of a additional achievement associated with it for me.

Edited by THE-73est
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, THE-73est said:

I'm going to start this game soon, but considering this game has a %2.5 plat rate, it can't be TOO difficult. Stuff like Trackmania Turbo, or Olliolli2, which I have done was doable and is at %0.6

This is one of the first games I heard about back in the day known for its challenging trophies so I look forward to it. It has kind of a additional achievement associated with it for me.

Then you shouldn't have much to worry about.

Just be prepared to spend 5 - 10 hours on Challenge 6 alone, unless you're really skilled.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I found my brothers old slim Ps3 and been going through some games of his. After completing cod waw and cod ghost i got that etch and starting going through my ps3 game that were almost 100%. I saw vanquish and thought oh i remember that game, so i ordered it off amazon and started looking through what i needed. I watch some videos and thought nothing of it. after beating each mission i would do each challenge, 1 was a kick in the mouth at first but i learn the patterns and got gud. 2-3 were fine as well, 4 was a mother fucker for just random bullshit, i really bad at taking out the drill guys. i literally did 5 on my first try. ive been on challenge 6 for maybe 10+ hours. at first i couldn't get pass round 1 maybe  2 but now i can get to  round 5 consistently, i wish i was better at rushing the bogey and making him come at me, im not as good with a controller as i with a mouse nowadays

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm able to reach wave 5 consistently using the following video, best tutorial I've come across. Those two bogeys keep destroying me though, I've barely been able to put a dent on either of them over the course of my attempts. The shotgun loop is just too difficult to do, and their AI is just ridiculously aggressive. Expecting this to take me many more attempts...

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/29/2022 at 3:16 PM, GraniteSnake said:

I'm able to reach wave 5 consistently using the following video, best tutorial I've come across. Those two bogeys keep destroying me though, I've barely been able to put a dent on either of them over the course of my attempts. The shotgun loop is just too difficult to do, and their AI is just ridiculously aggressive. Expecting this to take me many more attempts...

Key things I found for round 5 were:

- take out the ball droids ASAP.  LFE gun and grenades work great on them.  But never stop boost dodging the whole time

- stay close to that right stair rail as much as possible, since it's indestructible. boost dodge circles around it if you have to, so long as you can keep it or anything else between you and them so you can attack when an opportunity presents itself.

- After I ran out of Lock-On Laser ammo (didn't help I accidently used the upgrade cube on LFE gun in round 4), AR, HMG and Shotgun all work well.  Just be patient and wait for either one to pause for a special attack.  When the do, go AR and hit him hard before AND after he launches it, since he'll be still for a second or so before and after.

- Taking out the blue Bogey first will make things a lot easier for you, since he's the one screwing you with those EMP satellites.  Shotgun works well for knocking those out of the air if you go into AR mode shortly after he throws them, and in the case where either of them decide to get too close for comfort.  Blast whoever is in your face once (twice at most) , then boost dodge away.  Just focus on simply staying alive and dodging like crazy towards cover (preferably that guard rail again)

I hope this helps!  YOU WILL BEAT THIS! 

On 9/10/2021 at 1:05 AM, JaKMagnus said:

Finally completed the damn challenge 6 after 8 years and a half.

Stop playing and gave up on the platinum so long ago.

But recently turn on PS3 to finish a few backlog games. promised myself I’ll a least practice one hour a day. And finally beat it. Turning 36 and starting to feel like I don’t have reflex required to play this kind of games anymore. 

glad it’s over 263a.png

I'm 43 and finally beat it after almost a year Saturday night. 

But congratulations!  You still pulled it off!

Age is just a number.  obviously you still got it! 

Edited by BigMeowOfAZ
  • Like 4

On 13/09/2022 at 1:25 AM, BigMeowOfAZ said:

I'm 43 and finally beat it after almost a year Saturday night. 

But congratulations!  You still pulled it off!

Age is just a number.  obviously you still got it! 

Thanks for the kind words. Congrats to you too.

This game had the perfect balance of dangerous but without being bullet sponge enemies. With the right technique and right weapon you can bring them down pretty fast but the same rule applies to the enemies as well. Cannot count how many time I got killed in this challenge. 

Edited by JaKMagnus

The first five to ten seconds of each round (especially 4 and 5) are the deal breakers.

Nail those down cold, you'll be fine.  mess them up, things spiral out of control real quick.

On 9/17/2022 at 11:15 PM, JaKMagnus said:

Thanks for the kind words. Congrats to you too.

This game had the perfect balance of dangerous but without being bullet sponge enemies. With the right technique and right weapon you can bring them down pretty fast but the same rule applies to the enemies as well. Cannot count how many time I got killed in this challenge. 

Couldn't agree more.  it was tough but still fair.  Like a mental obstacle course you keep at until you finally make it to the finish line.  And you only need to cross that line once to make it all worth the while. :)

• 2 weeks later...