Final boss fight / last wave glitched ?

AffectatiousDonk

When I did it there were a total of 8 waves of balls that came nonstop so I had to pick up a colored ball and shoot it at the next set that came. Rinse and repeated that 4 times and then I finally had a chance at hitting him. Pausing the game right when he throws a ball out is helpful to see what color lane you should be in

• Like 1

Has anyone found the last wave (3rd wave) very difficult to compete. I have watched the glitch video but my game spawns the final wave very differently with continuous Color balls and bombs, that don't even let you get a shot out. Any work arounds or others with a similar situation

Hey! It seems like you finally managed it. Congrats!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This boss is bull, and I have to  do it 4 times. And without dying, what madness is this. But I unlocked The Kid in Super Meat Boy, if I can do that despite the god awful hit detection, I can get through this nonsense eventually. But will it be worth it in the end? I doubt it.

Wouldn't be nearly as annoying if you didn't have to do the stupid avoid the wave of enemies rounds, those just make everything take so much longer for no reason. Every boss was tedious as all hell due to that, and those parts aren't even hard, not even in the final boss. Just let me get to the stupid bombs. *mumbles*

edit; what's up with this game, every video I see of the final boss the 3rd round is 100x easier it's just like the first two but I get the stupid thing throwing one or two colored bombs at me then an entire column of bombs that forces me to throw the colored ones at it. This happens like 4 times before I can even attack the stupid thing and I only get one perfect shot before the process repeats.

Did they make it harder in a patch?

Edited by Elvick_

This boss is bull, and I have to  do it 4 times. And without dying, what madness is this. But I unlocked The Kid in Super Meat Boy, if I can do that despite the god awful hit detection, I can get through this nonsense eventually. But will it be worth it in the end? I doubt it.

Wouldn't be nearly as annoying if you didn't have to do the stupid avoid the wave of enemies rounds, those just make everything take so much longer for no reason. Every boss was tedious as all hell due to that, and those parts aren't even hard, not even in the final boss. Just let me get to the stupid bombs. *mumbles*

edit; what's up with this game, every video I see of the final boss the 3rd round is 100x easier it's just like the first two but I get the stupid thing throwing one or two colored bombs at me then an entire column of bombs that forces me to throw the colored ones at it. This happens like 4 times before I can even attack the stupid thing and I only get one perfect shot before the process repeats.

Did they make it harder in a patch?

I don't think it makes a difference. I played it back in June/July. And it all depends on RNG. Can't tell you the amount of times the 3rd round screwed me up, and when an opportunity presented itself, I would choke. 

My advice is to keep trying.

I don't think it makes a difference. I played it back in June/July. And it all depends on RNG. Can't tell you the amount of times the 3rd round screwed me up, and when an opportunity presented itself, I would choke. 

My advice is to keep trying.

It's annoying, the videos I see of this boss fight don't have to put up with this 3rd round being like this. If it was like Round 1 and 2 it'd be fine.

You can pause just as he throws the balls and that way you will know which lane to be in, without doing this it's going to be incredibly difficult.

Ironically it quite easy using this method, i found the credits level at the end much harder

I'll try that out later. Thanks for the tip.

You can pause just as he throws the balls and that way you will know which lane to be in, without doing this it's going to be incredibly difficult.

Ironically it quite easy using this method, i found the credits level at the end much harder

Hated the credits level, but the boss trophy took me longer.

It's annoying, the videos I see of this boss fight don't have to put up with this 3rd round being like this. If it was like Round 1 and 2 it'd be fine.

Good luck! When you see a YT video, you have to remember that it's not as simple as it seems. I also have to keep that in mind, when I use a video guide.

Best of luck, I remember my 3rd round was not like the video either, totally spammed out but pausing will make it easier

Best of luck, I remember my 3rd round was not like the video either, totally spammed out but pausing will make it easier

Thanks a bunch, the pause trick helped a lot. Took a bit to actually get the hang of doing it, but it made things much easier. Now to beat this sucker 2 more times and without dying to never do it again. Can't wait to get him over with, tired of this boss battle :P

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 17/12/2016 at 7:02 AM, L-Kellu72 said:

the video is not out dated i did it today and got the platinum.

On 10/12/2016 at 3:33 PM, ChrisCasual said:

i did it like this. just keep pausing the game so you can see what color he is throwing

Good to know this still works, I'll try it ou in the morning, and take one more step towards the platinum. ^^

On 17-12-2016 at 0:37 AM, Da_Man-023 said:

the vid above is out-dated... now when you pause the blockers in front of the boss move and also reappear after a short time, basically restarting the whole wave. SO annoying 

If you read the description there is a glitch so the blockers in front wont reset. when the boss is on top of the screen just pause a few times and if you want to make sure the glitch is going to work just keep pausing untill the next wave starts

Edited by ChrisCasual

what description?? it just says above the vid to pause so make it easier! no glitch is mentioned.... either way I found a vid that showed the glitch better and not only does the blocker not reset, it hits the boss on the 1st throw (ignoring the blocker)

I truly appreciate the attempt tho :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

The video might be out-dated, but it did help me get through it. That and my son noticed you can run through any orb that's the same color as the one you are carrying. I don't play these games very often and that somehow didn't cross my mind. Got the platinum tonight and though it's not that rare, I am very proud of it.