"Dragons Bane" How-to!

Vic_Foxtrot

Most likely, this will be the last trophy people will unlock before becoming a "Master of the Realms". With a Few hours grinding following these simple steps, you'll become a bonafide dragon slaying badass!

1. Go to your journal. Hit R1 and it'll pull up your achievements tab. Scroll down until you see slayer. I was lucky in the fact that I had killed less then 50 dragons when I started this trophy, so I knew exactly how many I needed (because the achievements stop tracking dragon kills after 50 on the ps4). Take note of the number.

2. Have enough gold to buy injury kits. However many dragons you need, divide that by 2 and buy that many injury kits. (Ex. 960 dragons/2=480 injury kits). You'll know why in a moment.

3. Get a private queue into Caverns of Karrundax. Level 70 is obviously recommended if you want to solo it.

4. Go straight to the final boss, outside you'll see a very beloved campfire. Take a moment and precise it, without it this trophy would take an obscene amount of time.

5. Go into the Boss fight. The two small wrymlings you have to kill the bring Karrundax into the fight...they count as dragon kills!

6. Upon defeating them two small dragons, press options and go all the way over to the right (under options lol), go to 'I am Stuck'. Hit that and it'll pull up a smaller screen with two options. Hit 'Defeat me' and it'll re spawn you outside the boss fight.

7. Repeat steps 6 and 7 until you get your gold trophy! Congrats!

P.S. The injury kits are more then just helpful, after a cumulative 50 dragons you have no way to track your kills, it gives peace of mind knowing where the hell you are in your grind!

How you did to queue this alone? I tried to queue but the game ask for 3 players

The Injury Kit Tip is quite something, thanks a bunch. 

I'm guessing they break the hell out of you?

Lol, it's purposes are mostly two-fold. Tracking your kills and keeping your legs from being injured and running slower. Any of the injuries you get from killing yourself is detrimental to the cause.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did the recent patch impact this method?

the method still works. i got the trophy yesterday by doing the two dragons solo. although i highly recommend using the "i'm stuck" feature. dying to the fire/karrandux becomes impossible with a well geared character.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the guide!

I think you guys are interested in what we found out in our farming group:

You have to deal an unspecific amount of damage to the dragonlings, otherwhise the kill will NOT count! You can verify if the kill counted when you press the touchpad and the triangle (player with the most kills).

Some of the kills in my first rounds haven't counted, so i had to run the 2 dragonlings 640 times to reach 1000.

Just for your information. Please forgive me any faults in my english.

Greetings

Edited by maggot1612

I got this trophy yesterday too with the method mentioned above, and afterwards I felt like this:

7f77546945f948560cdc26b12b99d5ccd390c2e3

But there are a few things that might be interesting for following players:

• Try to do it solo: As some of the players above described, it is not 100% clear how kills are counted if more than one adventurer deals damage. An easy way to do it solo without any preparation: go to Protector's Enclave and check the chat boxes - there are many people trying to find mates for epic dungeons etc. The only thing you have to do now is to invite two of them into a queue group, switch to a private queue and quickly start Carrundax. Because it is a private queue, the other players won't be asked to accept your choice and you directly start Carrundax. After that, kick the 2 other players from the group and start grinding. This is for sure not the "nicest" method, but it works ;) I did it that way in around 6 sessions over 1 week, because sitting through around 500 rounds seemed to be too boring :D
  • Use Greater Potions of Dragon Slaying: These potions add 10% to your damage against dragons for 20 minutes. You can get them either from quests in the Well of Dragons or simply buy them at the Auction House - there are pretty cheap! Together with these potions I was able to kill 50 dragons per 20 minutes (Trickster Rogue, GS 2550)
  • Get a Fire Archon or Air Archon: These add 2-3% to your dealt damage. They are not required, but if you have 200k+ Astral Diamonds that you don't need they are a pretty good investment (not only for this trophy but for the whole game) ;)
  • Every dragon counts: I took notes of the dragons I killed during my road to the trophy, and every dragon counts:
    • 2 (respectively 3 if you count the one on the way to the boss in) small dragons from Carrundax
    • 5 dragons from the event at Well of Dragons (every hour for 10 minutes at 45 minutes past - 8:45, 9:45, 10:45,...)
    • Dragons in epic dungeons Malabog and Lostmauth (but not sure about the two small ones during the boss fight at Shores of Tuern)
    • Dragons of Dragonflight at Stronghold
    • "Classic" dragons in Neverdeath, Ebon Downs, Icespire Peak, Rothé Valley, or Whispering Caverns

I hope these tips help other players to get their trophies too ;),

• Like 3

I'd like to add something to speed this up some more.
Instead of using defeat me, use change character and log back in, the wyrmlings will respawn and the kills keep counting, you don't have to use injury kits anymore.
And to keep track of how many you killed that way, use the scoreboard, it says how many kills you have, write em down and check how many you have when you're finished, the difference is the amount of dragons added ;).

Enjoy

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...