"Dragons Bane" How-to!

Vic_Foxtrot

So I found an absolute easier way of doing this trophy just a few minutes ago, it's still going to take a while and don't know if it's been mentioned but this is how I've just started doing it, there's no deaths required and only one character select option needed, one note is that you may require a ranged attack.

So to do it, is the same method but when you get to the end boss defeat the two small dragons run under the little ledge where Karrundax is and wait for him to drop down and his health bar appear then hit options and select change character, log back in and then proceed to agro the dragons (dont wander to far out though) and kill them under the rock he's on, as long as you don't let his health bar appear the dragons will spawn infinitely.

I can't be sure all the dragons count or its just the first two as I've already got over 50 so if anyone can verify that this works who has under 50 would be appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKTR2x1CS18

Edited by Spark-N
Added video link
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

I did 50 dragons kills trophy in similar fashion as spark-N stated. 

You dont need to have ranged attack, just after killing small dragons, log off for 5-10 secs. This will reset boss and puts you back to fireplace inside boss encounter. If you log back in too fast, then boss havent reseted yet. 

• 2 months later...

The method explained by @Spark-N and shown in his/her video works flawlessly. If you activate the boss by venturing too far from under the "ledge", just log out and back in with the change character option. I confirm that every kill counts. I did 1000 kills in under 6 hours on my own at level 68 with basic lvl66-68 gear with 0 enchantments.

Edited by Windex-Qc-
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

so how do people farm dragons now with level scaling? You can't get to the baby dragons in karrundax without a full group, can't kick or leave a random queue group and stay in the instance and good luck asking 3 other people to waste 20 mins of their life carrying you to the final boss multiple times.

• 2 weeks later...

It is still possible, though more difficult. I tried soloing it shortly after hitting the level cap and couldn't make it past the second encounter. However, after gearing up some more (I'm now at 17k item level, starting to fill out with ME gear from Undermountain) I was able to make it to the boss on my own as an arbiter cleric.

The fights are not easy, and I died two or three times on the way, but I did make it. Farming the two wyrmlings isn't nearly as fast as it could be, since you actually have to fight them instead of merely slaughtering them. I'd estimate it took me about 30-45 seconds in between pulls to kill the pair. I stayed there for about 15 minutes and got my 50 kill trophy. (didn't check how many I had before starting) When I took a break for dinner, found out that you will be kicked from the instance if you stay logged out too long.

Definitely not as easy as it sounds like it used to be, but still better than any other method I know of. I'll be devoting a few solid hours of grinding over the weekends from now on until I hit the goal.

I didn't think it was possible to get to the boss solo. You can gear up quickly by farming Avernus sieges (Someone in chat will shout the number of where the siege is, when they do, quickly change instances to that number and go complete the siege, repeat)

Everytime you complete a siege you earn seals of the fallen/ Seals of the deep, which you can exchange for gear. The Siege also give you 100 chaotic writings for every completion, which you can trade in for Juma bags which has 1,250 level gear. It's the first thing every 80 should do, but the game doesn't tell you.

Epic mount speed is recommended, but not required. The enemies will hit you off the mount and try to kill you if your on a slow green mount, but if your careful you can go around them and get to the siege. Once your there you will be safe

• 4 weeks later...

I am still struggling to solo Karrandax and don't really understand how the game now adjusts your character down on lower level missions. Karrandax is supposed to be a level 59 mission.

I took a break from the game in June 2019 because of all of the major changes at that time and only returned about 6 weeks ago with all outdated gear, discontinued items etc. I was level 70 with an item level of 9,000 and no companion gear or any of that type of stuff that had been introduced in the last 9 months.

Anyway I tried to solo Karrandax, died several times in the first fight but got through to Pyraphenia eventually and kept getting no where. So I decided to level up and get the new stuff. I was to low item level to access the Juma stuff so I spent the last several weeks faming seals of the deep to get to 20K and am now farming chaotic writings. Along the way I kept trying to experiment with Karandax.

After failing so badly with 9,000 IL, level 70 and no companion equipment I went back in at 16,000 IL, level 80 companion equipment and level 11 bonding stones and was surprised to find fared little better that I had at 9,000 IL and much worst stats. I died a few less times and managed to take out Pyraphenia's first wave of minions this time but did not seem much more effective.

Having finally been able to farm Chaotic writings this week I have got to IL 21,000 and should be at 23,000 in a week or two. I tried Karrandax again this morning and it was slightly easier but I still died several times on my way to Pyraphenia and managed to get her to half health before the second wave of her minions swapned. With much more potions and a little luck I suspect I could have won but I doubt I could meat Magera if I did and based on my current performance the Wyrmlings at the end are likely to take me as much time to take down as farming the big Dragons in the Well of Dragons. The heroic encounter Dragons are no use any more as they last less than 5 seconds to a horde of high level DPS types and as a tank I rarely seem to do enough damage to get a 'great success' before the fight is over.

This morning when I tried Karrandax I did a comparison between my normal stats and those in Karrandax to see how much the dungeon was nerfing me and in a week ot two when my character is at IL 23,000 I will try the dungeon again and see if added another 2,000 IL has really helped my stats in the Dungeon at all.

Here is the position at 21,000 IL. I am a Fighter tank which is why my offensive stats seem low and yes I know I have a big problem with my crit avoidance at the moment which I am working on. I don't yet have a legendry mount yet which I am saving AD for but it will be a while as I have been spending on bonding stones and the like.

Anyway here we go (21,000 IL). I have rounded to nearest thousand below

HP normally 386,0000 nerfed to 142,000 in Karrandax

Power 82,000 nerfed to 32,000 (ouch)

Armour Pen 66,000 nerfed to 27,000

Defence 65,000 nerfed to 25,000

Crit Strike 43,000 nerfed to 23,000

Crit Avoid 43,000 nerfed to 19,000

***These two are interesting as they start off around the same but one takes a much bigger hit suggesting that stats coming from certain types of buffs, equipment, enchantments, companion gear are getting nerfed at different percentages. No idea really***

Accuracy 65,000 nerfed to 23,000

Deflect 35,000 nerfed to 17,000

Combat Adv 56,000 nerfed to 29,000

Awareness 40,000 nerfed to 17,0000

*** Here note how Deflect and Awareness but end up at the same level in the Dungeon even though Awareness is normally 5,000 higher***

So I only have a few bits of 1,000 gear items so far so I will be interested in seeing in a week or two when I have better kit and 2,000+ more IL if working on that stuff in any helps by Karrandax stats rise much at all or even go down in some areas depending on where any improved stats are coming from.

And they really should have added slayer tracking on Dragons by now. I am sure I must be past 500 by now and may only need a couple hundred more but once you get past 50 kills they stop showing you the progress you are making. Dragons are the only creature this seems to happen with that has an achievement attached to it.

Good luck with your Dragon farming.

Me and my friend finished the trophy in one sitting today. We are both ilvl 21k and It took us 2:20 to get to the boss and farm 900+ kills. If you have more/better geared people, it could be done even faster then that. It wasn't hard at all and so much quicker then I thought it would be. Here is the last 15 minutes of us grinding and getting the trophy.

Notes

* I had a Claw of Bahamut equipped and we were both using x2 Dragon Overload enchants (From gemmonger at Stronghold) for extra damage.

* People calming that you need to get the last hit on a Dragon, or that the kill only counts for one person are wrong.

Edited by VanDeaM

• 1 month later...

I just can't seem to get this trophy. Been playing the game for two and a half years. Optimistically I thought I had run caverns of Karrundux at least 500 times in the last 800+ days. Assuming at least 4 Dragons out of the 7 per runs are counting for me that would be 2,000 Dragons from that Dungeon alone, plus Chartraxis and his friends from the run up to Well of Dragons and then the heroics in the Well itself.

Being a tank I was never good enough to solo Karrandux so last weekend I was determined to crack this trophy. I decided to be more pessimistic about Caverns. perhaps I had only run it 200 times (although I got the 50 Dragons trophy in about 3 days and 30 runs as a lowly level 54 character back in 2018). So if 50 took three days why does 1,000 take over 2 years?

Anyway I figure 200 runs at 4 kills per run counting (out of the possible 7) that would still be 800 Dragons. If I assumed 100 from completing Tyranny back in the day as well as the odd other Dragon from Siege and elsewhere - surley I must be at or over 900 by now.

So at the weekend I did 20 runs of Caverns taking about 5 hours. I counted 100 Dragons kills where I appeared to get the majority of the hits and a final kill. There were plenty more where I got in just a few hits but I discounted those. In the majority of those missions I was in the top 2 for kills and damage done on the leader board. Of course there was the occasional mission where I was with a bunch of 28K + IL people and ending up bottom. It balances out. So 100 in a single weekend. Still no trophy.

So today for the first time ever I managed to solo Karrandux to the final arena. Stared at 11.00am, it took me about an hour and 30+ deaths to solo to the end. This is as a 20K tank. The two mini boss battles are the bane for me because as a tank the it takes so long to kill the boss that all the minions keep re-spawning over and over each time you take down a wave. 

Anyway I made the final arena by about noon. Being a tank it takes a while to kill the first two Wyrmling's so after 6 hours I managed to solo 125 of them. Having children I can't hog the PS4 all evening so I have had to come off now but I was getting pretty bored over 6 hours of repeating the same battle anyway. Although I was getting a kill every 2.88 minutes it was still taking it's time. At least I leant a lot more about how my characters stamina regen works by running this solo. My farming speed time kept improving by the hour as my knowledge of exactly when to half shield and when to rotate back into stamina regen improved. Assuming the kills were counting at least I am another 125 closer after today.

In summary after 2 and a half years of trying and counting a further 225 kills in the last 5 days alone I still can't get this Plat. Maybe next week...

(Addendum - I had to get my tank IL 23.5K with all three bonding runestones at rank 15 before I could finally solo the mission. - if you are just starting out on this you might want to DPS are invest in lots of pots instead)

Edited by lostsorrowdays
Post made no sense. Probably not much improved now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/10/2020 at 7:16 AM, fernando-seixas said:

I can't do the method above. When I try to change character, the game logs me out, and when I return, I am dead. Can't even use a scroll - only option is to release and go back to the campfire.

Unless someone can help me with the above, I will have to do the old school method.

I think you're waiting too long to log out. When you log out in the middle of a dungeon like that, it makes your character stand around in game for 30 seconds as a penalty. If Karrundax kills you in those 30 seconds, you'll log back in to a corpse. Try to log out sooner so that he wastes time flying around, and make sure your back is to the wall so he doesn't have combat advantage against you. I ended up logging out as soon as his health bar disappeared, and while I had some damage when I logged back in, I was still alive. It may take a few attempts to get the timing just right.

4 minutes ago, purp107 said:

I think you're waiting too long to log out. When you log out in the middle of a dungeon like that, it makes your character stand around in game for 30 seconds as a penalty. If Karrundax kills you in those 30 seconds, you'll log back in to a corpse. Try to log out sooner so that he wastes time flying around, and make sure your back is to the wall so he doesn't have combat advantage against you. I ended up logging out as soon as his health bar disappeared, and while I had some damage when I logged back in, I was still alive. It may take a few attempts to get the timing just right.

I will try, but I think its the game that takes too long to load for me. No way my game loads as fast as in the youtube videos.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2020 at 8:16 AM, fernando-seixas said:

I can't do the method above. When I try to change character, the game logs me out, and when I return, I am dead. Can't even use a scroll - only option is to release and go back to the campfire.

Unless someone can help me with the above, I will have to do the old school method.

You need to be in the menu ready to log out as soon as the dragon lands and his health bar shows up (the screen goes dark and it says are you sure you wanna log out) You can still see the dragon and his health bar from there. If your logging back in dead, you're too slow/doing it wrong. it has nothing to do with load times.

Why some of you guys are choosing to do it legit is insane to me. You're throwing 100's of hours of your life away for no reason. Like I  show in my video above it only took me 2 hours to kill 900 dragons at Ilvl21k. If your a tank or melee, open up a boosting session and find a ranged partner to pull the dragons into melee range or just level up a ranged character. Anything you do will be 1000x times faster then doing it legit

Edited by VanDeaM

• 3 weeks later...
On ٣١‏/٥‏/٢٠٢٠ at 3:59 AM, YORGOS_PB said:

Is this still the best method?, I haven't convinced myself to try and do it

So, yesterday I stumbled upon this and I'm trying it

This method still works took me 3 hours last night until the trophy popped I was killing like 6 dragons per minute with 16kIL warlock lvl 80 can't say I had the best gear nor enchantments, but I did buy some cheap purple enchantments I could afford from the AH to make my warlock do a better damage.

Sometimes  Karrandux hp appears but I just redo the exploit again and keep killing without restarting the session at all.

Edited by Espada-girl

• 3 weeks later...

So I finally managed to do this, with some variations:

1- as soon as I entered the fight, I ran to the spot beneath karrundax;

2- Since my game takes too long to load the char list, as soon as I killed the 2 baby dragons, I logged out and logged in again, spamming the X button so I don't lose any time.

3- I then reappeared beneath karrundax and with the two baby dragons alive.

From there it was like the video.

Important to note that I did not wait for Karrundax to land.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2020 at 9:05 AM, fernando-seixas said:

2- Since my game takes too long to load the char list, as soon as I killed the 2 baby dragons, I logged out and logged in again, spamming the X button so I don't lose any time.

Hope this helps.

Yeah I also did this. Just as long as your under Karrundax when you log out after you kill the 2 dragons. 

On 9/30/2020 at 8:05 AM, fernando-seixas said:

Hope this helps.

Followed this as well. Can confirm it still works. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...