Got Platinum and 94% completion, is the remaining 6% worth it?

Today I platinumed the game and I reached 94% completion overall, and at the moment I still miss the 2 trophies from Batgirl's DLC (I should play through it again to get them), and the 3 combat trophies from the Community pack.

Assuming I could get the 2 Batgirl trophies easily, is it worth it to actually fight my way through to get to 100%? I think I'm decent at this game, as I was in Arkham Asylum and Arkham City (I platinumed both, and I'm top 100 in the world in a combat map in City), but the thought of having to become insanely good for those 3 trophies... I don't know, it feels like I should invest way too much time to reach that skill level. For context, at the moment my top score for the Iceberg Loung is about 270000 points.

It sucks because it's so close to 100, yet it seems to hard to do.

What do you think?

Thanks everybody for the replies!

My fear is that after spending many hours trying, I'd eventually give up because it's too hard and frustrating. Also, with limited time and many other games to play, it's hard to justify spending time on this... But then there's this part of me that's screaming IT'S ONLY 6℅ DAMMIT, JUST DO IT.

Sometimes I just hate being a trophy whore :D

As the others said, go for it.

My fear is that after spending many hours trying, I'd eventually give up because it's too hard and frustrating. Also, with limited time and many other games to play, it's hard to justify spending time on this... But then there's this part of me that's screaming IT'S ONLY 6℅ DAMMIT, JUST DO IT.

Even if you can't do it right now, try all the same, if you end up giving up or getting frustrated and move to other game, do so and come back later to complete it, no one is saying that you need to get those 6% right now, we are just telling you to get them someday, so give it a seriously try before just giving up!

Also a trophy whore would move to another game as soon as they saw a hard trophy.. your problem is more in the completionist department..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

The platinum doesn't require you to master combat but those last 3 definitely do. It took 3 days, maybe 6-8 hours total to get good enough to pull "The Chill in the Air", then another 5 hours the next day to get "The Curtain Falls." I was proud of myself but then I attempted "Requiem of a Killer" which requires nothing less than combat perfection. 3 weeks later (around 15 hours) while blasting "Don't Stop Me Now", I finally perfected critical strikes, disarms and dodging to the point I pulled it off. Not something I want to do again but if you are a completionist... its not impossible...

• Like 1

AoYjv_f-maxage-0.gif

Now you can't NOT do it =D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, I'm going to throw something at you that's a bit more about these three trophies than the philosophical/psychological ramifications of leaving this one at ~97%. 

The Killer Croc trophy, in my understanding (I've platinumed this game, but still working on all the DLC trophies, and haven't attempted these community challenge trophies yet), does require a very long period of combat perfection.  It looks like one of the most challenging combat trophies in any of the Arkham games (though I still think three-batting some of the original Asylum challenges are unbeatable in terms of difficulty, because of what you have to accomplish given limited time and limited enemies).  No doubt this one will take you being on your combat game.

BUT the other two trophies...I think it's worth noting the fact that, while they will take some dexterity, there is nothing in the trophy description about a score minimum you have to reach.  While it's never easy to do a combat challenge without taking damage, or maintaining a perfect combo, I think the hardest part is usually getting in all the variation you need to reach the score thresholds.  In this case, all you have to do is avoid damage and keep your combo going.  So you could conceivably do a strike, redirect/dodge, do a strike, redirect/dodge, repeat, throw in a combo takedown every once in a while, until everyone is dead.  It's a pain, and I'm sure you'll get some tougher enemies as the challenges go on (shield enemies, big enemies, etc), but again, you don't have to worry about variation, all you need to do is keep dodging over people until you can get a clean strike in, taking however long you want, and not worrying about score.

Once more, I think these trophies are going to be pretty dang hard.  But unlike some of the other combat challenge requirements, I don't think they require insane planning and perfection.  I think you can do it.

Now, whether you should, that's where the rest of these opinions come in...

Short update:

I still keep practicing. My high score is now around 900k. I play other games when I have a lot of time, but if I have 30/40 minutes I play this.

I'm getting better, I get 500k+ at least once per session. Ninjas are usually what catches me off guard (blades overall are super annoying), and double jumping has become my best friend -- once I realized double jumping is 10 times more reliable than counter attacking, my high scores started rocketing. It's starting to actually feel doable, I just need one lucky shot!

I actually found the community DLC combat trophies quite easy and I don't even consider myself good at Batman games. If you're having trouble with the Ninja enemies, redirect over them, punch them, and repeat the same process. Also, are you keeping the medics alive? You want to avoid using the instant takedown ( :triangle: + :circle: ) since you want the medics to revive weak enemies, so that the tough enemies do not spawn. 

I did it! I beat Killer Croc!

Honestly, it just took a lot of practice. My high score kept growing almost every day. Today I reached 1.020.000 points and then I was defeated, but I didn't feel too bad because it had been rather easy to get there. In fact, a few attempts later, I pretty easily got to the point where Croc finally appeared, took him down, and eventually let myself be taken down, finishing around 1.200.000 points. Today I was also capable of doing "the challenge" in The Witness, so really not too shabby for a day!

A few points for anyone willing to give this a try:

- double jump is your best friend. It's 10x more reliable and effective than counter attacking, plus it works with all kinds of attacks and opponents.

- spam L2+triangle+square all the time. If there's an electrified man, he'll be auto-targeted. Plus, time will be slowed down for a second, giving you the chance to rotating the camera and planning your next move.

- don't kill the medics! They'll reanimate weaker enemies, preventing the stronger ones to appear early. Also they electrify others, which is actually a good thing because you can target them very easily.

- use square+triangle on enemies with weapons, it won't kill them but it will destroy the weapon making it unusable for others (also works for guns, but I don't think it does for blades).

- don't do weird stuff. Stick to the basics, rinse and repeat. Most of the time you'll be double jumping + punching, again and again. Simple, yet effective.

- when the big guys show up, you can get around 100k points before dying, if you're good. So make your calculations.

Overall, I suggest you practice a bit every day. Don't waste too much time on it, just be constantand results will arrive!

• Like 2