Confused about tag throws and the controls in general, any help?

maneceel96

• 4 months later...

No, not in Dead or Alive 5. For a character-specific Tag Team-Throw you have only to Push :cross:, without a Direction and in front of the Opponent. Completely easy.

@Superstarmaste1rMaybe you mean the Controls of Dead or Alive Ultimate?!

For this Trophy you have to pair two matching Characters in a Tag Team Fight. In the Story-Mode are enough Clues for matching Pairs. The easiest Way is the Versus-Mode with a second Controller.

For Example: Kasumi can do a character-specific Tag Throw with Ayane, Helena, Ryu Hayabusa and Zack. With these 4 Characters Kasumi can do 4 Tag Throws. If you change the Character in the Fight you can also do another Tag Throw for this Trophy with one of the Four. 50 different are required.

Here are many working Pairs. :)

Akira Yuki: Kokoro, Pai, Sarah Bryant

Ayane: Jann Lee, Hayate, Kasumi, Ryu Hayabusa
Bass Armstrong: Ayane, Bayman, Gen Fu, Jann Lee, Kasumi, Lisa Hamilton, Mila, Rig, Tina Armstrong, Zack
Bayman: Bass Armstrong, Christie, Gen Fu, Tina Armstrong, Zack
Brad Wong: Eliot, Kokoro, Zack
Christie: Bayman, Brad Wong, Helena, Hitomi
Eliot: Brad Wong, Gen Fu, Leifang
Gen Fu: Ayane, Bass, Bayman, Brad Wong, Eliot, Helena, Kasumi, Leifang, Tina, Ryu Hayabusa, Zack
Hayate: Ayane, Brad Wong, Christie, Ryu Hayabusa
Helena Douglas: Christie, Kasumi, Kokoro, Leifang, Ryu Hayabusa
Hitomi: Hayate, Kokoro, Leifang, Zack
Jann Lee: Bayman, Gen Fu, Leifang, Ryu Hayabusa
Kasumi: Ayane, Helena, Ryu Hayabusa, Zack
Kokoro: Akira Yuki, Ayane, Eliot, Hayate, Helena, Hitomi, Lisa Hamilton
La Mariposa/Lisa Hamilton: Bass Armstrong, Tina Armstrong
Leifang: Helena, Jann Lee, Leifang, Pai, Tina Armstrong
Mila: Bass Armstrong, Tina Armstrong
Pai Chan: Akira Yuki, Sarah Bryant, Leifang
Rig: Bass Armstrong, Jann Lee
Ryu Hayabusa: Ayane, Bass Armstrong, Bayman, Gen Fu, Hayate, Jann Lee, Kasumi, Tina Armstrong
Sarah Bryant: Akira Yuki, Pai, Tina Armstrong
Tina Armstrong: Bass Armstrong, Bayman, Kasumi, Leifang, Lisa Hamilton, Mila, Ryu Hayabusa, Sarah Bryant, Zack
Zack: Bass Armstrong, Bayman, Hitomi, Leifang, Ryu Hayabusa, Tina Armstrong

So you only need 25 Fights with each two Tag Throws. Very simple, isn´t it? In these Fight´s you can also collect a few "100" Titles. I´ve done this Trophy in 30 Minutes with Collecting the Title "use 100 Throw Combo´s".

Edited by Aurvandils_ta

41 minutes ago, Aurvandils_ta said:

No, not in Dead or Alive 5. For a character-specific Tag Team-Throw you have only to Push :cross:, without a Direction and in front of the Opponent. Completely easy.

@Superstarmaste1rMaybe you mean the Controls of Dead or Alive Ultimate?!

For this Trophy you have to pair two matching Characters in a Tag Team Fight. In the Story-Mode are enough Clues for matching Pairs. The easiest Way is the Versus-Mode with a second Controller.

For Example: Kasumi can do a character-specific Tag Throw with Ayane, Helena, Ryu Hayabusa and Zack. With these 4 Characters Kasumi can do 4 Tag Throws. If you change the Character in the Fight you can also do another Tag Throw for this Trophy with one of the Four. 50 different are required.

Here are many working Pairs. :)

Akira Yuki: Kokoro, Pai, Sarah Bryant

Ayane: Jann Lee, Hayate, Kasumi, Ryu Hayabusa
Bass Armstrong: Ayane, Bayman, Gen Fu, Jann Lee, Kasumi, Lisa Hamilton, Mila, Rig, Tina Armstrong, Zack
Bayman: Bass Armstrong, Christie, Gen Fu, Tina Armstrong, Zack
Brad Wong: Eliot, Kokoro, Zack
Christie: Bayman, Brad Wong, Helena, Hitomi
Eliot: Brad Wong, Gen Fu, Leifang
Gen Fu: Ayane, Bass, Bayman, Brad Wong, Eliot, Helena, Kasumi, Leifang, Tina, Ryu Hayabusa, Zack
Hayate: Ayane, Brad Wong, Christie, Ryu Hayabusa
Helena Douglas: Christie, Kasumi, Kokoro, Leifang, Ryu Hayabusa
Hitomi: Hayate, Kokoro, Leifang, Zack
Jann Lee: Bayman, Gen Fu, Leifang, Ryu Hayabusa
Kasumi: Ayane, Helena, Ryu Hayabusa, Zack
Kokoro: Akira Yuki, Ayane, Eliot, Hayate, Helena, Hitomi, Lisa Hamilton
La Mariposa/Lisa Hamilton: Bass Armstrong, Tina Armstrong
Leifang: Helena, Jann Lee, Leifang, Pai, Tina Armstrong
Mila: Bass Armstrong, Tina Armstrong
Pai Chan: Akira Yuki, Sarah Bryant, Leifang
Rig: Bass Armstrong, Jann Lee
Ryu Hayabusa: Ayane, Bass Armstrong, Bayman, Gen Fu, Hayate, Jann Lee, Kasumi, Tina Armstrong
Sarah Bryant: Akira Yuki, Pai, Tina Armstrong
Tina Armstrong: Bass Armstrong, Bayman, Kasumi, Leifang, Lisa Hamilton, Mila, Ryu Hayabusa, Sarah Bryant, Zack
Zack: Bass Armstrong, Bayman, Hitomi, Leifang, Ryu Hayabusa, Tina Armstrong

So you only need 25 Fights with each two Tag Throws. Very simple, isn´t it? In these Fight´s you can also collect a few "100" Titles. I´ve done this Trophy in 30 Minutes with Collecting the Title "use 100 Throw Combo´s".

No, it is the same controls of last round as well where pressing double right D pad twice and the tag button works for me for any of the pairs you want to choose. 

You don't have to follow the unique character tag moves in order to get the trophy. Just put in any characters of two and that's it. Try and see since it has even a while since I only played ultimate, but the vanilla version could be different where you have to use specific tag characters in order for it to work 

41 minutes ago, Aurvandils_ta said:

Don't know why this reply had been merged for some odd reason 

Edited by Superstarmaste1r

If you haven't changed anything:

(X) -> (T)                                    Throw (You can do it too pressing Triangle and Square [(P)+(H)] at the same time)

[Square] -> (H)                           Hold

[Triangle] -> (P)                          Punch (Some of the characters has one movement here to reach the Critical Burst)

(O) -> (K)                                    Kick

(L1) -> (P)+(K)                            Powerful Punch (also you use it commonly to reach the Critic Burst (Only few characters can't do that with that button [Combination], and all uses it for the Special movement) (You can do this too pressing Triangle and CIrcle at the same time)

(L2) -> ??                                   (On DOA 5, it does nothing, but I recommend you to configure this button for the taunts, as on the other two upgraded versions)

(R1) -> (P)+(K)+(H)                    (Most of its use is for Tag actions or the taunts) (You can try this action using Triangle+Square+Circle at the same time or (L1)+(R2) at the same time)

(R2) -> (K)+(H)                           (Powerful Kick, for some characters, you can reach the Critical Burst with this button [Combination]) (You can try this action by pressing Circle+Square at the same time)

You can use it on every single DOA 5 for PS3 and Vita (On Vita obviously you can use the L2 and R2, but the rest is the same by default, and also with the exception of the first person fighting mode)

For the tags, some tips:

->->(R1)  ....   (Tag throw)

<- | ->(Using the analog left stick, start the movement moving the left stick to the left side and spin it to the right, making a semicircle)(R1)  ...  (Tag Critical Burst)

(R1)  ...  (Change the character) (You can use it when you are on the Special movement, to change the character, this will combine the Special Movement from each teammate [For example, you start with the Hitomi's Special Movement, before she makes the last movement from it, you press (R1) and instantanly she changes to Leifang and she makes part from her movements to the end {Thinking that you are using the team Hitomi X Leifang}])

Edited by Zeitgeist-9

I tried :right::right::r1: (Double Right and Switch in Standard Config.) for a Tag Throw and it doesn´t work! Not in the Vanilla Version of DaO5 1.03a (latest Update on PS3). B)

I´ve played the Ultimate Edition on PS3 (1.04a) and Last Round on PS4 a few weeks ago, and if I remember correct there was the Config. :right::right::r1:. :hmm:

But maybe you´re right with the Character Combinations (now after gotten the Trophies I can´t test it). ;)

14 minutes ago, Aurvandils_ta said:

I tried :right::right::r1: (Double Right and Switch in Standard Config.) for a Tag Throw and it doesn´t work! Not in the Vanilla Version of DaO5 1.03a (latest Update on PS3). B)

I´ve played the Ultimate Edition on PS3 (1.04a) and Last Round on PS4 a few weeks ago, and if I remember correct there was the Config. :right::right::r1:. :hmm:

But maybe you´re right with the Character Combinations (now after gotten the Trophies I can´t test it). ;)

To me it worked on the 3 PS3 Versions, I remember I saw it first in a DOA 5 Lobby, when there wasn't any iteration from the game, on PC the controls are a little bad, but trying it works too, on the other consoles, I don't know, I don't have any other console :(

8 minutes ago, Aurvandils_ta said:

I´m not the only one who´s telling it...and tried it Yesterday.

Dead or Alive Wiki

To me, worked what I said, using what says the webpage only made that type of throw, but not as tag, only from the one I'm using, maybe I will try later to find the reason, first I had the Physical version and then I bought the digital one

Edited by Zeitgeist-9

? At the Page I told, is the Headline Tag Throws. But I believe you. You played all DoA-Versions. I think there are this and more Differences between a few Versions. Pal, NTSC, Last Round, Ultimate, PS3, PS4. I don't know why Team Ninja changed the Layout's for a few Moves. As I said I played the Ultimate-Version on PS3 too. And there was the Layout as you said.

One of both Commands will work.

Anyway, sometimes the Thing's are confusing. ;)

Edited by Aurvandils_ta