Ideas that will make PlayStation a better place to play

Jay

PS has alot to do before its ''fine'' imo.

Take a page from XBone's book on Cortana. You can do all kind of shit like send messages, invite people to party, etc without pausing the game which is incredibly useful. Name changes are a necessity, for sure. For all the promises for a better network being the justification for PS+ its not all that much better from PS3. 

Backwards Compatibility for the classics. I can understand the PS3 but I should be able to run PS1 or PS2 disks on my PS4.

Ditch PS Now. Complete sham.

I'd agree with sending messages / managing system through voice control, that would be useful. PS1 and 2 classics with no trophies - just put the disc in and play! All of the PS2 classics on PS4 so far aren't classics IMO - as I never played those games in the first place!

Name changes - they should adopt a page from Xbox: First name change is free, all subsequent changes are $10 a change. That's like PURE profit for Sony, $10 for a simple form on a website / PS system.

I know Sony stated at one point they are concerned about trolls changing their name often, hence why the name changes aren't setup. Um, most trolls don't have $10 to change their name every 5 minutes. There, problem solved. Another thing - also lockout any further name changes until 30-60 days have passed since your last change.

However, I'd revamp PS Now:

• For devices that are NOT a PlayStation console, stream the game to the device as per the current service, due to host system limitations. (You expect a TV or phone to have the power of a PS3?)
  • Allow the game to have any and all DLC I've bought for the game work during stream.
  • For PlayStation consoles: instead allow me to DOWNLOAD the full install file (just like if I had bought the game on PSN) for any game available on the PS Now service - but game only plays if I subscribe to PS Now service. Essentially it works the same as the free PS Plus games, just with the entire PS Now library.

If they do this right, opening up the entire PS Now library (and hopefully the entire PSN library) to rentals would help bring in more money by gamers:

• Playing games you otherwise won't play due to being turned away from the high prices on PSN.
  • Playing games you were on the fence about, but hey you just can't beat free (with rental subscription) vs. $20 at you local game store.

There probably would be an option to buy a rented game (Something the PS Plus games should have had from Day1...). To me this seems like a surefire way to bring in more money to PSN's store department.

This is why I don't join PS Now as of Now (see what I did there? :awesome: ). I have a PS3, why do I need you to stream the game to me? I'd rather play the game locally.

• Like 2

For devices that are NOT a PlayStation console, stream the game to the device as per the current service, due to host system limitations. (You expect a TV or phone to have the power of a PS3?)

Actually, most phones today are much more powerful than the PS3 was, lol. 

I want my PS4 to give me accurate stock predictions, print me money, and allow me to play NES, SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, Saturn, GameBoy Color, PS1, PS2, Commodore 64, and MSX games.

Yeah, I don't see them ever doing that. Free games is added incentive for players who don't play online to buy a membership, and it gives Sony an excuse to be charging so much for simply playing online. Separating the functions will split people into each camp and probably cost them money in the long run.

Actually Satoshi is correct. PS+ used to have better IGC before the PS4 required people to pay to play online. They saw that M$ was getting way with it so they adopted it as well. PSE should be ashamed of themselves for this because people who were PS+ subs before PS4 are getting less for their money now that there is "more value" in a subscription.

The incentive to be a member used be the games but now I question what it is for those who don't play online or have a ps4.

The only changes I'd like to see are improved filtering in my download list on the website. Way too many pages to sift through to find an old game I bought and forgot I had.

Edited by audiopile
  • Like 1

.(read putting Vita games on Plus).

I

Too bad vita has no games. 

Really though I think they have most away all "good" games alread on the vita for plus. I would like them to release old psplus games again for people that did not have plus back then

backwards compatible with every PlayStation gen. bring back playstation home and do it right this time. i want to be able to display my trophies in my virtual house/room and look at a little 3 dimensional icon. and like wii/xbox i want a little avatar jumping around. gamer pics suck. i would also like trophies to evolve somehow. lets say for every 5/10 platinum you get, you hit a new milestone and unlock stuff for your avatar (if they add one) or you get a discount in the ps store, or somthing really cool. i dont know about you guys/gals but I am starting to get trophy burnout. 

• Like 1

i dunno, i think it would be a slippery slope to go above 0%, and i say this as someone with an annoying amount of games on my list with only 1-2 trophies popped. if you went to 10, people would then say well what about 15, what about 20, etc. i would, however, like the option to turn off trophies for games if you aren't sure you will like them. that way you could try the game out and not worry about popping a random trophy or two and then have that game sitting on your list

What about 100%? But seriously 0% and 100%  should be able to be deleted but not in between. That way people are not just deleting every game that is too hard for them.

Actually, most phones today are much more powerful than the PS3 was, lol.

I was saying that in reference to playing a PS3 game in its original form on the host system (emulation) - which a phone will not do with any sort of speed. You would need a port to play on another system, and that wouldn't be cost effective at all - hence the PS3 game would have to be streamed to it.

Otherwise today's phones are better than the PS3.

I would like a feature that would help me organize my download list.

This. It would be helpful to have some kind of sorting and filtering option while navigating the download list. Especially on the Vita the list is annoying as hell. Why does it have to show PS3-downloads and why does it go back to the top everytime I download an item. :|

And I know that things like PSDLE exist but that doesn't help while being on Vita.

Another thing I would like to be added is to actually remove items from the download list in a similar way to the one Steam offers. There you can go to the support section and remove a game or DLC "permanently" from your account without the interaction of the support. Permanently is put in quotation marks as it's possible to restore the items, too. Again, just go to the support-site, enter the item and click the restore button. This would be helpful to clean the list up from games I will never play (again), like demos, no longer working betas or even games I bought but not interested to play anymore...

• Like 1

I would like a feature that would help me organize my download list.

Word ahah (I am not kidding, I use Word to organize my ps+ games at least...

Now it's my turn to say something related to the topic, hunnn I think that trophies should lead to rewards, complete the base game to have free access to the dlc's (since companies don't stop doing dlc's...) or any kind of reward, being a free game from a list, or even money reward on ps store but that would be too much ahah :P

• Like 1

• Make all DLCs free

Users getting a free game or a prize after reaching a certain Milestone

Unlimited PlayStation Plus

PS2 Classics should have Trophy Support

Give a PlayStation Network Support to PS2

Give early PS3 Games a Trophy Support

I don't know if this is possible but I wish if all regions of Playstation stores will collide into one store that rule them all type, meaning you won't have to make a US/EU and a JAP psn accounts to get to all of them..... kinda impossible with ¥ vs $ vs € that is going on.

also even though, i'm not the kind of a guy that get every DLC out there but I wish if DLC's will be region free just like the games.

Does anyone else feel like the interface needs a complete overhaul? Everything is all over the place and lacks any sort of personality and little customization/interaction. I'd like them to add country flags beside your name somewhere, a reputation system, longer bios, show how many likes you have on your activities in total, a status update bar your friends can comment on and just an overall more in depth, compact and neat player card that oozes of personality with customizable avatars, themes and sub groups such as membered communities.

Sometimes I wish Sony would just buy PSNProfiles and copy+paste it onto the consoles interface and go from there.

Does anyone else feel like the interface needs a complete overhaul? Everything is all over the place and lacks any sort of personality and little customization/interaction. I'd like them to add country flags beside your name somewhere, a reputation system, longer bios, show how many likes you have on your activities in total, a status update bar your friends can comment on and just an overall more in depth, compact and neat player card that oozes of personality with customizable avatars, themes and sub groups such as membered communities.

Sometimes I wish Sony would just buy PSNProfiles and copy+paste it onto the consoles interface and go from there.

I'd actually rather PSN didn't turn into Facebook...

It's a long shot but:

1) Give us the ability to change our PSN ID, a $10US fee would suffice.

2) Let us delete trophy lists. This would help if someone were to accidentally enter a modded lobby in a multiplayer match and have all the trophies popped for them.

3) All I can really say is more PS2 classics with implemented trophy support.

I doubt Sony will listen to suggestions like these, one can only dream.

The only thing I mentioned that Facebook uses is the status update. PSNProfiles has the same thing and it works.

I was inferring that I would rather PSN sticks with gaming rather than turn it into a social media platform - likes, statuses, bios - all irrelevant in my opinion and would detract from the whole gaming experience on the PS4.  Maybe I'm just getting old and grumpy  :lol:

• Like 1

PSN ID change - first time free, once every 6 months or a year, after the first time you have to pay a price to change it.

Ability to refund digital games in NA & similar countries - Take the Steam route and offer people the ability to refund their games if played under a certain time limit or trophy count. I'll say 2 hours or under 5-10 % on the trophies. The only hit I could see is the added trophies to your list. It'd save a lot of headaches with the "My account was just hacked" post every week on various forums.

Include PS Now games into PS Plus or offer one or two rentals monthly with your plus subscription. Also include the ability to play digitally purchased PS3 games on PS Now for no additional charge.

Change the way communities are handled. They are embarrassing 90% of the time with random communities not even tied to the games they are held under. I really don't know how you'd handle this, it's late and my brain is turning off.

I'm 50/50 on Steam and PSN and lately it's been Steam more so because of how it feels as a customer compared to PSN. I love having to enter a code from my phone every time I log into my Steam account, it's an extra step but it helps me feel secure. I love that I can refund games that did not meet the standard that was presented by the dev/pub. (cough, Payday 2, cough). Hopefully they are listening though and adding more features into the next update and not stickers. 

I was inferring that I would rather PSN sticks with gaming rather than turn it into a social media platform - likes, statuses, bios - all irrelevant in my opinion and would detract from the whole gaming experience on the PS4.  Maybe I'm just getting old and grumpy  :lol:

I agree with your opinion. Less social BS the better.

It's enough they are pushing Communities, What's New slowing the interface with all the info...

Seriously, PS3 interface would be more than sufficient =D

• Like 2