Cheapest Place To Buy Games In Canada MEGALIST

A1-Franksauce

Thought I'd contribute something I've started. I'm creating a list with as many games as I can put on here to show where the cheapest place in Canada to buy them is. All $ are in CAD. This list is exclusively for Canada only and for PS4 games only. 

It'd be cool if you guys/girls could comment if a game is cheaper somewhere else and post a link to it. Also if there's a game that's not on the list, let me know, post a link to it and I'll add it to the list!

Again, this is the cheapest place to buy each individual game whether online or retail :) I'll be updating this as much as possible to keep the cheapest prices current. Never pay full price again!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n2AP2J-gt73Tjv0BoH34Z3F1-SN_3FEZsvh6F4An1mE

Edited by Ibracademy69

Only issue with your list is sale prices. Needs to have a constant update and dated for when that price was. Theres also a lot more games that would need to be added. Good start though. Buying new titles at $80 is a nono for me now

I will be constantly updating. This list is the cheapest price the product has ever been. So say at best buy a game is on for 50$, but next week it goes back up to 70$. The price in the spreadsheet will remain at 50$. I'll be adding more games obviously as well. Yea eighty $$ is insane now unless its some sort of mega deluxe edition haha

• Like 1

Tbh, most of the games you've listed arent the cheapest. EB games has a large collection of video games where they're cheaper and sometimes they do deals which in reality becomes much cheaper if you were to follow the deal. Also eBay , Amazon always has new listings so idk if this spreadsheet will work. Nonetheless thanks for your effort man/ lady :).

Tbh, most of the games you've listed arent the cheapest. EB games has a large collection of video games where they're cheaper and sometimes they do deals which in reality becomes much cheaper if you were to follow the deal. Also eBay , Amazon always has new listings so idk if this spreadsheet will work. Nonetheless thanks for your effort man/ lady :).

This is just the first draft, so I'll be updating more and more. Just about to update now. EB games I've found doesn't really have cheap games haha. I won't be counting Ebay, just sites/retailers that sell the game new. Look forward to it, and if you find any deals let me know!

You'll probably need to write a script for this, and also more than likely, want to use these store's online API for it.

I once wrote a script where I could put a lot of different products based on their URL in a ton of different stores, and set some max prize where I would be willing to pay for them. Then i could update the list with the most recent prices and see if any prices were good enough yet or not. Easily monitoring the price of tons of games.

But to do what I just said, you really do need to learn a bit of programming. I used cURL for grabbing web pages and either processed the page as a DOMDocument or with regex. Whenever a site changes layout or API (if they got one), you must update your script processing the page. Such a script would not be running constantly, checking all the prices each time, but instead cache the results, basically write them to file or update their values in a database or something. The script could run once every day or once every hour or something. Should make sure that people who access the list either get the new data or the old, not a mix, and it should say when updated last. Add a lot of sorting options, and you're good to go. If we're talking huge data set, you may need to rely on your server to do the sorting, if small, then client should get the data and sort with things like javascript on client side.

Edited by MMDE

You'll probably need to write a script for this, and also more than likely, want to use these store's online API for it.

I once wrote a script where I could put a lot of different products based on their URL in a ton of different stores, and set some max prize where I would be willing to pay for them. Then i could update the list with the most recent prices and see if any prices were good enough yet or not. Easily monitoring the price of tons of games.

But to do what I just said, you really do need to learn a bit of programming. I used cURL for grabbing web pages and either processed the page as a DOMDocument or with regex. Whenever a site changes layout or API (if they got one), you must update your script processing the page. Such a script would not be running constantly, checking all the prices each time, but instead cache the results, basically write them to file or update their values in a database or something. The script could run once every day or once every hour or something. Should make sure that people who access the list either get the new data or the old, not a mix, and it should say when updated last. Add a lot of sorting options, and you're good to go. If we're talking huge data set, you may need to rely on your server to do the sorting, if small, then client should get the data and sort with things like javascript on client side.

I somewhat understand what you're talking about because my roommate is a web dev but I don't have the skills to do any of this. I'll have to put up with doing it manually haha

This is just the first draft, so I'll be updating more and more. Just about to update now. EB games I've found doesn't really have cheap games haha. I won't be counting Ebay, just sites/retailers that sell the game new. Look forward to it, and if you find any deals let me know!

Sure thing man, I'll be gladly helping if I stumble upon something cheaper. Also I'm curious where do you live in Canada since where I am EB games is always cheaper compared to the psn store.

Unless,..... See I never buy new games but always used discs. I think I'm just used to buying used that it became the norm for me lol. If that's the case then EB games is only cheaper if it's used,however more expensive if it's new unless they do deals or something.

Anyways good to know man

• Like 1

Sure thing man, I'll be gladly helping if I stumble upon something cheaper. Also I'm curious where do you live in Canada since where I am EB games is always cheaper compared to the psn store.

Unless,..... See I never buy new games but always used discs. I think I'm just used to buying used that it became the norm for me lol. If that's the case then EB games is only cheaper if it's used,however more expensive if it's new unless they do deals or something.

Anyways good to know man

I live in Toronto, you? Here at EB Games the  used version is usually only 5 $$ cheaper than the new. For example I went the other day to get borderlands the handsome collection there on sale. New was 20$ and used was 25$...makes no sense right? Had to ask the guy to get it from the back because I knew that shit was on sale new for 20$. 

I live in Toronto, you? Here at EB Games the  used version is usually only 5 $$ cheaper than the new. For example I went the other day to get borderlands the handsome collection there on sale. New was 20$ and used was 25$...makes no sense right? Had to ask the guy to get it from the back because I knew that shit was on sale new for 20$. 

They do that a lot... Another problem is EB will list 2 used prices on their games, one for non-Platinum members, then the other for Platinum members or higher, although their website only lists a single price.

I live in Toronto too! Sweet. Sometimes they do a sale and are very discreet about it. Numerous times I've been surprised by the buy two for $20 or buy two get one free etc.

One thing I hate about them is when they pressure u to buy unneeded crap like warranty, protection, an extra game to enter for a chance to win something, and to upgrade my red card which I'm very close to gold from just buying things.

I live in Toronto too! Sweet. Sometimes they do a sale and are very discreet about it. Numerous times I've been surprised by the buy two for $20 or buy two get one free etc.

One thing I hate about them is when they pressure u to buy unneeded crap like warranty, protection, an extra game to enter for a chance to win something, and to upgrade my red card which I'm very close to gold from just buying things.

\Yea the heckling to get warranty is annoying. Games don't break anymore this isn't 2007 haha

• Like 1

Buy,Sell, Trade, I check there sometimes for used games.

You mean used game stores? Or Kijijii? 

I find that the used game stores in Toronto are all overpriced for PS4 games. I'll go to eb games and find a game for 20$ and then go to a used game store to find it at 40$ and left wondering what the point of the supposed 'cheap' stores are

Added 4 more games and a few games' price went down!

The Evil Within is back up to $69.99 on PSN and gamestop/EB doesn't sell new copies of it anymore. So you'll have to find a new source for it.

This list is a permanent fixture that only gets updated if the price of the game goes down. As of the time that i created this list, it will show what the games cheapest price is/was. I will keep 17$ for The Evil Within because its a good indicator that there will be another sale and the price will drop again. If I put it back up to 70$ then people will think that's a good deal, but it was just on for 17 last week. The list is a 'if you see this game for less than the price listed buy it immediately because i've never seen it lower than that. And if you see this game for more than listed, it's been cheaper in the past, so wait it out and it will most likely go down again.' Got it? 

Thanks for the response 

Added 4 more games and a few games' price went down!

This list is a permanent fixture that only gets updated if the price of the game goes down. As of the time that i created this list, it will show what the games cheapest price is/was. I will keep 17$ for The Evil Within because its a good indicator that there will be another sale and the price will drop again. If I put it back up to 70$ then people will think that's a good deal, but it was just on for 17 last week. The list is a 'if you see this game for less than the price listed buy it immediately because i've never seen it lower than that. And if you see this game for more than listed, it's been cheaper in the past, so wait it out and it will most likely go down again.' Got it?

Thanks for the response

AHHH, I misunderstood; I thought it was current listings. That's actually more useful to know if it was ever cheaper! In that case Tge Evil Within was 15$ on a PSN Sale a week ago.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/08/02/playstation-store-sales-north-america-august-2-8-2016-bethesda-ubisoft-sales/#/slide/1

Edited by TigressLion

AHHH, I misunderstood; I thought it was current listings. That's actually more useful to know if it was ever cheaper! In that case Tge Evil Within was 15$ on a PSN Sale a week ago.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/08/02/playstation-store-sales-north-america-august-2-8-2016-bethesda-ubisoft-sales/#/slide/1

I will only do the cheapest price after the list was created, then I'd would have to go back through years of sales to get the best prices on all the games and thats impossible. 

I will only do the cheapest price after the list was created, then I'd would have to go back through years of sales to get the best prices on all the games and thats impossible. 

Again, duly noted; The sale though was until August 8th, your list was August 6th. So it squeezes in by 2 days haha. I REALLY wish I had 14.99$ on the 8th. I would've killed to buy The Evil Within x.X