What is your rarest physical vita game?

Steveatron

3 minutes ago, tpepper1985 said:

I have 123 Vita Games, not one of them is physical 1f62c.png

The collection aspect is kind of cool but having been a PC gamer for most of my life up until 4 years ago physical media died a long time ago for me.

See, I'm don't believe in physical when it comes to PC game (unless there's a collectors edition I really want) but for some reason unless there's a really good deal I just LOVE owning console games physically. I'm a bit of a collector in that aspect. But I have quite a massive digital collection as well... My backlog is huge @___@ 

I suppose any discontinued or niche title could be considered "rare". But out of my physical games, I guess the following are rare only because it took me quite a bit of effort to locate a copy at a reasonable price - Kan Colle Kai (aka Kantai Collection), IA/VT, Operation Abyss New Tokyo Legacy, DJMAX Technika Tune.

kan-colle-kai-354567.16.jpg?o20p2giavt-colorful-346925.13.jpg?o2ol0d

operation-abyss-new-tokyo-legacy-398709.DJMAX_Technika_Tune_275245.10.jpg?o2ouwo

I collect only physical games for the Vita, and at this point "rare" is an understatement. The entire system is a collectors wet dream. It's all rare titles, under-printed titles, regional exclusives (on a thankfully region free device), remastered versions or collections of old PS2 games where never well publicised, and thanks to Limited Run now 31 games all with less than 5,000 copies printed.

Anyone with a complete Vita collection is frankly either insane or profoundly wealthy. Though I will say, speaking Japanese is pretty much required if you're a Vita gamer. There's so many great games that are specific to one region and while English is the default for most of them, there are far too many JRPGs and VNs that are Japanese only.

• 1 month later...

I only own 5 physical Vita games:

Disgaea 4

Utakumi 575

School Idol Paradise Vol. 1

Taiko No Tatsujin V Version

IA/VT Colorful

From a quick search around, I'm guessing the last two are decently rare. The others you can easily get for £20 or less. Except for Disgaea, which I got when I bought my Vita, the only reason I bought the others physically is because I can't get foreign games digitally on Vita. Even then, I stick to rhythm games because they're the only ones I can understand without knowing the language.

Edited by Nauticus87

• 3 weeks later...

Ar nosurge Limited Edition

Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires(Vita)

I say them because Nosurge was limited and

Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires(Vita), it was never released over here and strangely it was released in Asia but no one knew about it.

Maybe I can add

Oceanhorn

Ys Origin

Asdivine Hearts 

as physical copies from Limited Run Games? Maybe?

Edited by syumisan

• 3 weeks later...

I would not class myself as a vita collector.   I tend to trade in games when I finished for ps3, ps4 and vita.     I have a list I carry round with me and some money so if I see the game I wll buy it,  most of them pre-owned,   very hard in the city where I live to find brand new vita games physical copies and memory cards.     Some of the prices for pre-owned are insane

I am unsure whether I have any rare titles 

I buy most of my games in the store because they are often much cheaper than the physical version, at least where I live. It's rare to walk into a game shop here and find Vita games at all. If you do find them, they are still priced way beyond what makes sense for those games pre-owned. Having said that: I do have Gravity Rush, Resistance: Burning Skies, Killzone Mercenary in their original box, and only the card itself for FIFA Footall and Modnation Racers: Road Trip. Pretty common, nothing special, but they do still look nice on display in front of my ever growing collection of PS3 games. ;)

• 11 months later...

My rarest physical games are as follows

Epic Mickey 2: Power of Two (EU Version) (Reason is it is delisted in PAL for Vita and unreleased outside of Europe on physical) 

Dragons Crown (EU Version) not many produced for Europe

Hue - Limited Run Games (2,300 copies) 

Ys VII: Lacrimosa of DANA (limited EU copies again)

Ys: Origins Collectors edition (3,000 copies LRG)

Muramasa Rebrith (English Asia) 

Itadaki Street FF /DQ 30 Anniversary (Japan Only)

Trials of Cold Steel 1 N.A Exclusive collectors edition.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Venus (English Asia Version) 

SirEatsalot Collectors Edition (3,000 copies) 

Persona 3 & 5 Dancing Deluxe Edition (Japan only) 

Phantasy Star Nova (Japan Only) 

Antiquia Lost (LRG 2,000 copies i think?) 

I think that is all at the moment got a few more on my hit list to get before the Vita well dries up

i can honestly say i have finished or played at least 6 of the games on this list! 

Edited by DarkSoleride
  • Like 1

I have two Limited Run games but that's it. I had about 10+ but I'd re-sell them after I bought them.

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:09 AM, DarkSoleride said:

Epic Mickey 2: Power of Two (EU Version) (Reason is it is delisted in PAL for Vita and unreleased outside of Europe on physical) 

Nice! I've debated on picking that one up.

6 hours ago, DrHambone said:

I have two Limited Run games but that's it. I had about 10+ but I'd re-sell them after I bought them.

Nice! I've debated on picking that one up.

I would recommend it such a fun platinum too feels like KH without the FF characters and Sora lol but very good game. Shame they cancelled the third instalment.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (China Version). Only way to get is via places like Taobao and the like, but you'll most likely need an agent to help you get it delivered. If you're looking to buy a China game, be it PS4 or Vita, just stick with digital purchase, as it's not worth the 3-4 month wait. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2018 at 1:43 PM, Rantaro said:

The North American release of Period Cube: Shackles Of Amadeus. I didn’t think it would become so rare nearly after a year it came out

This is my grail as well.  I was surprised to see the price jump in such a short time frame.  I'm glad I bought it when I did.