Tips for Immortal Fame

Hello, i just finished all mission in Veteran without using a checkpoints and i thought this would help fellow Trophy hunters here.

I. First, are you a experienced Call of Duty player? *if yes, you could try doing this on your First playthrough if you're confident enough.

*if not, i recommend playing the Campaign once on Veteran to gain some experience so you know what to expect each level.

*alternatively, there's always a Co-op session available for you but this is for people who want to do this Solo.

II. Loadout

Primary Weapon - Kuda/Man o War

Attachments - Ext. Magazine, Quick Draw, Grip, and Long Barrel. (You choose on Sight)

2nd Primary Weapon - Locus/SVG

Attachments - Thermal Scope and (You choose what attachment)

Grenades - Really anything

Tac Rig - Repulsive Armor and Reserve Kit*(Really essential to use reserve kit)

Wild Cards - Overkill, Primary Gun Fighter 1&2

III. Tips

*Everytime you die and revive from Emergency kit, immediately go to Mobile armory (if there is) or wait for it and select your current Loadout again and you should be able to use Emergency kit (can be used many times).

*Take it slow on all levels, if you happen to die on a middle of mission and think what you should've done to avoid the same result and gain a good position to attack from range.

*Always use your Sniper Rifle whenever a gun fight starts to take down enemies you can see with Thermal Scope and use your Kuda/Man o War for close/mid range gun fight if you need to take them down from coveror they're right in front of you.

*Don't get ahead of yourself as you might end up having to restart the whole mission again...

*if you're stock on a mission and you're exhausted or tired already, STOP. there's always another day and you perform well after you take a rest. probably a day or two if you're repeating the same mission more than 4 times... *gee i didn't take a rest because i was stock on last mission so i thought after finishing this, it's all over then i end up getting exhausted so take care of your health Soldier!

IV. Mission Strategy

So instead of texts, it's more effective on Videos. Checkout this.

I do not own them so credits to: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCjwAoqh9iCBDhezC1gMjpdg(Richard Rowley)

V. Thanks for Reading

I intend to help people so that's why i've written this as i know how much stress i've taken while doing it. this is not a guide, it's just a tip so i'm doing this on my own for free, in short, just Voluntary. if there's anything bad or wrong just tell me so that i know. if you have some questions just comment here. lastly, if you see any bad grammar in here, please it's not my main language so i'm taking time to learn. (This is written via Mobile)

• Like 4

Why the Locus/SVG? The Drakon sniper is the most OP gun in the campaign when you pimp it out with several attachments. You can kill anything in 1-2 shots and the Warlord minibosses in 7 shots (2-3 seconds).

I personally got this in co-op, so it was really easy since you guys have each others' backs.

Edit: Aaaand ninja'd.

Edited by GIONAScm2
  • Like 1

Drakon with thermal sights, extended and fast mags, rapid fire and stock. Of course with emergency revive

Rapid fire is redundant, I'd switch it for FMJ since you'll be shooting through walls VERY often with your DNI Tactical Vision (which should always be active).

Stock is decent, but I'd also throw a silencer in too just because it adds stability and draws less bullets toward you.

Edited by GIONAScm2

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I got the Immortal Fame accolade on my first playthrough and I did it solo. 

As soon as you die or fail the objective, pause the game, and Close Application. 

Don't Save & Quit or anything, just straight up Close Application. 

Then just resume your game as usual, your game will resume at the last checkpoint and your previous death doesn't count.

• Like 4

• 6 years later...
On 6/16/2017 at 11:53 AM, pokwey said:

I got the Immortal Fame accolade on my first playthrough and I did it solo. 

As soon as you die or fail the objective, pause the game, and Close Application. 

Don't Save & Quit or anything, just straight up Close Application. 

Then just resume your game as usual, your game will resume at the last checkpoint and your previous death doesn't count.

Is this still working as of 2024?