How long will all the challenges take?

Here's how much it took me. I've completed the story in about 5 hrs and it took longer than usual because I was some doing challenges and going for trophies. Fast forward a couple of hrs and I had all challenges completed and trophies done beside the twenty twent vision trophy in about 15-16 hrs total. Now , iim not the best estimate here since I've played and platted sr3 and 4 so I've had a lot of experience playing the game.

Just don't focus on challenges till you beat the game. Once you're done, and you're going for gold medals but you're failing, wait a little and upgrade other powers/ weapon upgrades or whatever then it'll be a piece of cake. Also I recommend leaving altars and survivals till you've completed all challenges since finding specific enemy types becomes a pain if you're just using youre wanted level.

Also you can probably multitask by knocking out two challenges at the same time by getting kills with a specific weapon and specific enemy type. Lastly don't use one weapon for too long. Once you get its respective challenge completed use another one, with the exception of diamond sting since you'll be grinding for money during the last hrs.

Sorry for long post but hope this helps man. :D

Challenges take most of the time, story can be completed within 3-4 houres, completed my challenges and all other trophies before the 20 hour in hell - trophy.

Didn't farm my kills at altars so when doing so it can be completed pretty fast.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

You shouldn't give up on the platium as you don't need to be doing much in co-op you basically just need someone to join your game. I completed my co-op trophy in 2 different sittings with both players just doing their own thing on the map while I did mine. TBH each time we were all just grinding out the challenges. And yes, the challenges are stupid - like using all the weapons a silly amount of times (esp when the weapons are rubbish) but it's worth doing. I'd also recommend doing the driving parts through out as much as possible - driving to places in the ambulance and running down husks was a good shout.

I'm at 15ish hours and I've got 83 challenges done. I spent a lot of AFK time already doing adult type stuff. I wish I had kept a couple of the survivals open. because right now I'm just repeatedly raising my notoriety and having to deal with Professor Genki so frequently is a pain in the ass. 

• 4 months later...
On 08/08/2016 at 6:53 AM, danceflick said:

Thanks for all the responses but i ended up giving up on the challeneges. I cant get in a coop match so i wont be able to get the plat anyways. Shame that had that trophy but at least i stopped before i grinded the challenegs 

I'm playing through this now and still need the co-op trophy, happy for you to join my games.

Mostly on 10-12 pm GMT

• 3 weeks later...

I finished them all in about 10 hours. Best thing to do is keep an altar open at all time. (I used the vampire aura) I farmed kills for just about every weapon using that technique seeing as they just keep spawning as long as you stay in bounds and dont return to the altar. Just run away When needed and you keep all stats and can restart the altar as many times as you see fit.  

• Like 1