PS2 Games on PS4: General Discussion & Complete List

VeldinX

19 hours ago, dell9300 said:

THQ's Summoner 1&2 and Alter Echo rated for PS4, as well as Panzer Elite Action.

gallery_13_483621.jpg

Four more PS2 games from THQ Nordic have been rated for PS4 releases

by PEGI. First up, Summoner and it's sequel, Summoner 2, two RPGs from

Saints Row dev Volition. The third is the 2003 action-adventure Alter Echo,

and lastly military simulator Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory.

Alter_Echo_Dvd_ntsc-%255Bcdcovers_cc%255

Nice! Summoner are 2 of the games that I wanted to try and was never able to get my hands on during the PS2 gen! 

Still hopping for some Shadow Hearts and Suikoden to appear here as well..

But in the end I only got Rogue Galaxy so far dispise wanting a lot of the currently available RPGs and GTA games... I need to at least get Wild Arms, since I at least played the others on ps2..

Have no clue what the other 2 are about, but the more the better.

11 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Not sure how well Summoner is going to hold up, the gameplay looks... dated to say the least. Didn't check the sequel.

But more games are always welcome. More the better. *dies waiting for Ape Escape 3*

I played the first Summoner on PC back when it was new (in fact I recently donated the game and thick manual to Goodwill). I think I finished it? I remember the setting and gameplay being somewhat fun, but it also felt a bit like a chore sometimes. I never knew there was a sequel; I was a PC-only gamer at the time and it wasn't interesting enough to make me look at different platforms for a sequel. I'm not sure it's worth revisiting. 

Like others have said, Sony needs to step up their PS2-on-PS4 game. Where are the SMT/Persona games, MGS2 and 3, remaining Rockstar games, Ratchet & Clank series, Jak & Daxter series, Sly Cooper series, Devil May Cry series, etc.? Some of those are probably being saved for native remasters (i.e. not emulated PS2 versions), but I would think Sony would see the benefit in releasing at least the best-sellers for PS2. And some of these (Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, and Sly Cooper) were published by Sony and shouldn't involve licensing agreements (they don't own the rights to all of them, but I know they do for Ratchet at least). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Stuntman... it's not the same as that terrible game on the 360 right? It's a Stuntman game I had played and oh boy was it bad... but I assume this is not the case here.  I'm sure I have seen gameplay of it before... so hey, I'm all for giving it a go (so long as it's not frustrating that is :P )

Actually... yeah, it is the one that was on 360. :ninja:  I'm not sure if the PS2 version is different though? The game was also released for PS3 you see. There's only the two of them, this one and the original which was made by the creators of the Driver serie, and was PS2-only. 

12 hours ago, dell9300 said:

Actually... yeah, it is the one that was on 360. :ninja:  I'm not sure if the PS2 version is different though? The game was also released for PS3 you see. There's only the two of them, this one and the original which was made by the creators of the Driver serie, and was PS2-only. 

Ah, thought so.  As for the PS2 version being different, I would imagine so? I mean I think the PS3/Xbox 360 one was different, but by looking at it, seems like it's the same one... so... not sure if I will play it then, as I very much did not like the PS3 one when I played it a while ago (or 360, can't recall which platform I had played it on).

If i remember correctly the cities on Summoner are huge and barren and i'm under the impression that it has aged really badly. The second game i played a bit on PS2 few years back and it seemed actually pretty decent. I might actually buy the HD version and start from scratch.

I really want these PS2 games to be available on PS4

Ratchet and Clank 1 

Ratchet and Clank Going Commando 

Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal (This one especially since it's my favorite game of all time) 

Persona 3 

Persona 4 (Only reason why I could see them not adding this is if Atlus plans on eventually porting Persona 4 Golden to PS4) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ratchetdude231 said:

I really want these PS2 games to be available on PS4

Ratchet and Clank 1 

Ratchet and Clank Going Commando 

Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal (This one especially since it's my favorite game of all time) 

Persona 3 

Persona 4 (Only reason why I could see them not adding this is if Atlus plans on eventually porting Persona 4 Golden to PS4) 

I've been wanting Persona 3 to come to PS4 forever. Trophy support for that game would be like a dream come true. <3 I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet considering how Atlus still exists and they're still making games. It made sense to me that they would release Persona 3 on there in the lead up to Persona 5 to spread awareness for the series, or at least so they could capitalise on the hype surrounding that game. It looks like that's not happening now considering P5 is so close. Sony really need to give them some encouragement.

As for Persona 4, I could see them bringing it over along with Persona 3. It's a bit more complicated, though, considering P4G already exists. Although, that didn't stop them from releasing P4 as a PS2 classic on PS3. As for a port of P4G, I personally don't see that happening. They have all of their attention focused on P5 these days and a port costs more time and money than PS2 emulation does. I don't think I could go back to the original P4 now that I've played P4G.

Unrelated, but I like your avatar. :P

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I've been wanting Persona 3 to come to PS4 forever. Trophy support for that game would be like a dream come true. <3 I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet considering how Atlus still exists and they're still making games. It made sense to me that they would release Persona 3 on there in the lead up to Persona 5 to spread awareness for the series, or at least so they could capitalise on the hype surrounding that game. It looks like that's not happening now considering P5 is so close. Sony really need to give them some encouragement.

It would really be a dream come true indeed! And yeah, it's weird that it hasn't happened yet. It could still happen, though. Maybe they are going to delay Persona 5 once more and afterwards announce that Persona 3 is coming to PS4 to soothe the fans a little bit :awesome:.

16 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

As for Persona 4, I could see them bringing it over along with Persona 3. It's a bit more complicated, though, considering P4G already exists. Although, that didn't stop them from releasing P4 as a PS2 classic on PS3. As for a port of P4G, I personally don't see that happening. They have all of their attention focused on P5 these days and a port costs more time and money than PS2 emulation does. I don't think I could go back to the original P4 now that I've played P4G.

Unrelated, but I like your avatar. :P

Thanks. The only reason why I think a P4G port is a possibility is because the Vita is kinda dead at this point, and I am seeing quite a few Vita games getting ported to the PS4. 

That being said games like Uncharted Golden Abyss, and Killzone Mercenary are still Vita exclusives so perhaps P4G golden will remain exclusive as well. Only reason why I want them to add Persona 3 and 4 is because I actually never played them, and even though they are available on PS3 I really don't feel like using my PS3 to play them.