PS2 Games on PS4: General Discussion & Complete List

VeldinX

22 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It would really be a dream come true indeed! And yeah, it's weird that it hasn't happened yet. It could still happen, though. Maybe they are going to delay Persona 5 once more and afterwards announce that Persona 3 is coming to PS4 to soothe the fans a little bit :awesome:.

As much as I would hate another delay, I would gladly accept one if that meant Persona 3 came to PS4. :P I know this is just hopeful thinking, but P3 FES released 10 years ago this year. Maybe they will announce something on its 10th anniversary? :)

16 minutes ago, ratchetdude231 said:

Thanks. The only reason why I think a P4G port is a possibility is because the Vita is kinda dead at this point, and I am seeing quite a few Vita games getting ported to the PS4. 

That being said games like Uncharted Golden Abyss, and Killzone Mercenary are still Vita exclusives so perhaps P4G golden will remain exclusive as well. Only reason why I want them to add Persona 3 and 4 is because I actually never played them, and even though they are available on PS3 I really don't feel like using my PS3 to play them.

Well, dead is a strong word, but I know what you're saying. :P I think Atlus are happy with how P4G performed on Vita. I mean considering how many Vita's there are out there, it sold incredibly well. It was around the same amount of copies that the original P4 on PS2 sold I believe. Games like Tearaway on the other hand sold pretty poorly and the PS4 port was a way to make a bit more money. If they were going to port P4G, it makes more sense to have done it before the release of P5. That's what happened with games like Gravity Rush. That way it gets more people interested in buying the sequel.

I wouldn't be against a PS4 port of Vita, but I don't think Atlus are all that interested in making one. Also, as a Vita owner, I'm perfectly okay with no more exclusives being taken away from us. :giggle:

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ratchetdude231 said:

I really want these PS2 games to be available on PS4

Ratchet and Clank 1 

Ratchet and Clank Going Commando 

Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal (This one especially since it's my favorite game of all time) 

Persona 3 

Persona 4 (Only reason why I could see them not adding this is if Atlus plans on eventually porting Persona 4 Golden to PS4) 

There’s another thread about PS2 games anyone would like to see on PS4:

Please, let’s keep this one for news and discussion of already available or coming soon games.

I'm surprised that this hasn't been mentioned. It's not confirmed for western territories but i'm sure it will eventually but anyways.....Star Ocean Till End Of Time is getting HD version.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/02/22/star-ocean-till-end-time-directors-cut-announced-hd-title-playstation-4/

I'm hoping this means that Square Enix is going to put out PS4 ports of all their RPG's. There's several that Europe never got.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Winkuru said:

I'm surprised that this hasn't been mentioned. It's not confirmed for western territories but i'm sure it will eventually but anyways.....Star Ocean Till End Of Time is getting HD version.

It's the first PS2 emulation title confirmed for release in Japan, which is pretty exciting. Games overall may pick up quite a bit now they're getting involved, although I doubt all of them will reach the west. Luckily, the PS4 is region free, so bring it on

This release also seems to be the first in the Ultimate Hits HD series. If that's restricted to games released under the Ultimate Hits line, then Square Enix has this to work with:

Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itagi Street Special

Dragon Quest V

Dragon Quest VIII

Dragon Quest: Shōnen Yangus to Fushigi no Dungeon

Drakengard

Drakengard 2

Front Mission 4

Front Mission 5

Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song

Valkyrie Profile 2

And a handful of games which have already been given straight PS4 ports, such as Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts

Edited by Shadiochao

On 2/23/2017 at 6:13 AM, Shadiochao said:

Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itagi Street Special

Dragon Quest V

Dragon Quest VIII

Dragon Quest: Shōnen Yangus to Fushigi no Dungeon

Drakengard

Drakengard 2

Front Mission 4

Front Mission 5

Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song

Valkyrie Profile 2

And a handful of games which have already been given straight PS4 ports, such as Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts

Man, gotta say I would love to play the Drakengard titles again

Fatal Fury Battle Archives: Volume 2 is SNK's next PS2 release.

Fatal-Fury-Battle-Archives-Vol.-2-Front-

With the release of ADK Damashii this past week SNK has announced the next PS2 game they are preparing to release on PS4 will be Fatal Fury Battle Archives: Volume 2. This follows the appearance of a PEGI rating for the game earlier in the week. As another one of their compilations, the release includes three games: Real Bout Fatal Fury, Real Bout Fatal Fury Special and Real Bout Fatal Fury 2: The Newcomers. It would seem SNK are skipping Volume 1, instead opting to release the first three Fatal Fury games via the Arcade Archives series.

ps2_654.jpg

In case you missed it, Square Enix has announced they are now supporting the PS2 emulation programme. Dubbed "Ultimate Hits HD", the first game they will be releasing in the series is Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (Director's Cut) sometime later this year. So far only a Japanese release is confirmed, their first PS2-PS4 game in fact, however it seems fairly likely a Western release will follow at some point. Read more about this release here.

• Like 1

Yeah, SE throwing their hat in the ring has me getting my hopes up on some of their games. They could do it with their lesser-known titles, seeing as they have adapted the KH and FF series into full-blown remasters. Seeing things like the Drakengard games, Valkyria Profile 2 and even Dirge of Cerberus would be nice. I would love to see the original version of DQ8 brought to the system, but considering the 3DS remake just got released, I doubt that will happen.

Edited by Akimitsu782

Agreed. Sony should push more people to do these and they should pump out more of their games out too. They did put out WIld Arms 3 but how about giving us the other Wild Arms games too. The remake of first game didn't even ever come to Europe.

So... PS2 section on the PS Store [NA] is gone now? On the PS4 itself.

Am I just not seeing it, or am I right that it's just gone now? That sucks. I like browsing it. The current store is horrendous if you just want to browse what's on there.

4 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

So... PS2 section on the PS Store [NA] is gone now? On the PS4 itself.

Am I just not seeing it, or am I right that it's just gone now? That sucks. I like browsing it. The current store is horrendous if you just want to browse what's on there.

It's not just you. In fact, I was going to post in this thread today with this same news. 

I wonder if PS2 on PS4 is on its last legs. Certainly, the releases have slowed to a crawl (not that they ever were fast).

5 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

It's not just you. In fact, I was going to post in this thread today with this same news. 

I wonder if PS2 on PS4 is on its last legs. Certainly, the releases have slowed to a crawl (not that they ever were fast).

Given all the [recent] ratings, I doubt that.

Sony is just garbage at organizing the PS Store. It gets progressively worse and worse in nearly every way imaginable. The 'new' game pages clash with 90% of the store, since it still uses the old layout for everything else (dlc, avatars, whatever). Worst of all, you can't even see if there's avatars/themes on anything on the new game pages. Just if there's DLC. The old pages had all that info to the left at a glance.

They also shoved all the extras into the "add on" section. Which is dumb to me. An avatar is not a game add on. Nor is a theme.

Edited by Elvick_