VeldinX

PS2 Games on PS4: General Discussion & Complete List

558 posts in this topic

That one is somewhat old news, on the front page dell here updates the list frequently and does link news often and Red Faction was mentioned a while a go.  But hey, you never know, it could be the next one we get.

Though Ape Escape 3 was rated ages ago and we have yet to get that one.

Point is, I want Ape Escape 3 already xD

4 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

That one is somewhat old news, on the front page dell here updates the list frequently and does link news often and Red Faction was mentioned a while a go.  But hey, you never know, it could be the next one we get.

Though Ape Escape 3 was rated ages ago and we have yet to get that one.

Point is, I want Ape Escape 3 already xD

I see it listed on the front page. This is the first time I have seen Red Faction 2 rated on the esrb for the USA.

13 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

I hope this is the right thread for this.

Red Faction 2 is listed on the esrb website with a rating. Will this be one of the next PS2 for Ps4 games?

Yeah its the right thread. ;)

It was rated before in Europe but you're right in saying it's the first time it's been rated in NA. Stuntman Ignition has also been rated at the same time so looks likely those two will be the next ones from THQ at least but exactly when is anyone's guess. Could be in the next few weeks, could be longer. 

2 minutes ago, dell9300 said:

Yeah its the right thread. ;)

It was rated before in Europe but you're right in saying it's the first time it's been rated in NA. Stuntman Ignition has also been rated at the same time so looks likely those two will be the next ones from THQ at least but exactly when is anyone's guess. Could be in the next few weeks, could be longer. 

Ah, so if it gets rated for the NA, it means that it could be coming next?

15 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Ah, so if it gets rated for the NA, it means that it could be coming next?

It makes it more likely yeah. Seems the ESRB generally rate them closer to release looking from past releases but as always it's just an educated guess until it shows up on the PS Blog or Store. 

Edit: That's if we don't include Ape Escape 3 like, it seems to be forgotten about. 

Edited by dell9300

5 hours ago, dell9300 said:

It makes it more likely yeah. Seems the ESRB generally rate them closer to release looking from past releases but as always it's just an educated guess until it shows up on the PS Blog or Store. 

Edit: That's if we don't include Ape Escape 3 like, it seems to be forgotten about. 

*puts on dream hat*

158ec1f3e4b6edba4da7bc7498074f66_-no-ape

Perhaps Sony is saving Ape Escape 3 for E3 as an "It's out now!~" announcement, to go along with the announcement of Ape Escape 4 for PS4... I wish.

10 minutes ago, madbuk said:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/04/03/jak-and-daxter-ps2-classics-coming-to-ps4-later-this-year/

So happy to finally have the chance to play Jak X ^_^ I'll definitely be getting all these on sale, but Jak X will be priority.

Yeah I was just about to post this, saved me a job. :P 

Interesting they're doing these as emulations considering they were already remastered, besides Jak X of course. Opens the door to more... *cough* Ratchet & Clank *cough cough*

Just now, dell9300 said:

Yeah I was just about to post this, saved me a job. :P 

Interesting they're doing these as emulations considering they were already remastered, besides Jak X of course. Opens the door to more... *cough* Ratchet & Clank *cough cough*

idk how true it is but someone in the comments of that post mentions the original PS3 code is a mess, so it'd be harder to port that.

1 minute ago, madbuk said:

idk how true it is but someone in the comments of that post mentions the original PS3 code is a mess, so it'd be harder to port that.

Hmm perhaps but then they ported them to Vita anyway. That was a mess though for sure, or was it the Ratchet Collection Vita port? I forget. One of them was a mess. 😅

1 minute ago, dell9300 said:

Hmm perhaps but then they ported them to Vita anyway. That was a mess though for sure, or was it the Ratchet Collection Vita port? I forget. One of them was a mess. 1f605.png

it was the jak and daxter port, I found the ratchet and clank port rather good and stable

1 minute ago, dell9300 said:

Hmm perhaps but then they ported them to Vita anyway. That was a mess though for sure, or was it the Ratchet Collection Vita port? I forget. One of them was a mess. 1f605.png

A lot of people took issue with the Vita ports of Jak because of the framerate and new bugs... Honestly though I didn't experience low framerate or bugs, so I don't know what they're talking about.

Ratchet was a pain to play on Vita because of the lack of L2/R2. Made strafing really annoying in 2 and 3.

Jak X looks like fun. Never played it back in the day for PS2 so I may get this when it comes out.

1 hour ago, madbuk said:

A lot of people took issue with the Vita ports of Jak because of the framerate and new bugs... Honestly though I didn't experience low framerate or bugs, so I don't know what they're talking about.

Ratchet was a pain to play on Vita because of the lack of L2/R2. Made strafing really annoying in 2 and 3.

Should've imported a L2/R2 attachment from Japan, fairly pricey but worth. Makes playing games like R&C a breeze. I'm still impressed it can run at all on Vita. There's a lot of things going on in the R&C games, and there's something it does that many games similar do not do. Keeps bolts around indefinitely, usually things like that vanish, and there's loads of them. Nevermind the rest of the effects. Plus all the stuff going on in some of the R&C enviornments, like the ships flying around and birds and all that jazz.

Anyhoo, J&D's original code on PS2 was a mess it's probably even more of a mess on PS3, and even bigger of a mess on Vita. Timestamped for ya, but the entire thing is worth watching.

Really excited to plat [I assume] J&D again. And play Jak X with trophies! I hope they do R&C and Sly too. Because I will plat them too. And this could be the chance to finally get R&C: Size Matters with trophies! [if only Secret Agent Clank / Daxter were on PS2 too :(... and that other Jak game]

So happy to see Jak and Daxter coming. Here is hoping we will also get the Ratchet and Clank trilogy soon as well. I would love to be able to play the original PS2 games on my PS4 especially Up Your Arsenal.

Either way Sony is getting my money, but I hope they have a nice bundle on PSN for these games. Not sure how much they are going to charge for each game when sold separately but I imagine they will be sold for 15 bucks a piece. 

1 hour ago, madbuk said:

PS3 versions ran fine for me, I played the first on vita and that had low frame rate, I heard the sequels were worse on vita so never played them.

3 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

*puts on dream hat*
Perhaps Sony is saving Ape Escape 3 for E3 as an "It's out now!~" announcement, to go along with the announcement of Ape Escape 4 for PS4... I wish.

Sony needs to hire you for their marketing team.

Jak and Daxter games on PS4? Nice. Time to plat them all over again. It's been way too long since I played Jak X. It was fun, but the best part was playing with friends.

1 hour ago, Ratchet said:

So happy to see Jak and Daxter coming. Here is hoping we will also get the Ratchet and Clank trilogy soon as well. I would love to be able to play the original PS2 games on my PS4 especially Up Your Arsenal.

Either way Sony is getting my money, but I hope they have a nice bundle on PSN for these games. Not sure how much they are going to charge for each game when sold separately but I imagine they will be sold for 15 bucks a piece.

Hopefully since there's a remaster on PS3 and Vita, and those have gone on sale so much that will keep the games prices lower... $10 each would be amazing, that'd be $40 total which if it was a remaster wouldn't be so bad. A discounted bundle at $30 would be OP. Even if you only want two games, like mwah~ it'd still be tempting to just get them all for $10 extra basically be a "buy 3 get one free" at that point, so I doubt a bundle would ever give that good of a discount. And I doubt the prices will be that low anyway. Especially with 3rd parties creeping up the pricing to $20 so often. Sony's comparable [content wise] games are $15 a piece so that seems like the most obvious price. Guess we'll see when the time comes though.

Hmm... actually, they could price Jak X higher simply since it's the first time they've re-released it. Jak 1-3 at $10 each, and Jak X at $15 with a bundle at $40... that would be a nice sweet spot. More realistic bundle than my previous one, which would never happen.

I might pick up Jak X, but I will make a hard pass on the other 3. Gonna play Jak 3 on the PS3 in a few weeks and finished 2 a couple of weeks ago. I'm a little burnt out.

Fuck yeah, Jak X! The only Jak game I don't yet have access to in some form currently! Will get the others too, despite owning the collections on both PS3 and Vita because I can.

Saw the news before, i wonder if they will be a full collection as on Ps/Vita or single titles like GTA (Or Both, there is even a GTA collection is that with the 3 Available?).

Anyway I Really Want to play Jak & Daxter Again, it's one of the best game ever made, my fastest plat and a pleasure to play each time :3 

Instead Jak 2 could quitely stay there, awful game especially the Vita version made me not like it at all.

Jak 3 sure i like it, wouldn't mind play it again!

Jak X, never tried it on Ps2 so i'm curious of this especially!

If now As other said they want to do the same with sly, i wouldn't mind that xD (Or R&C but for that there is the ReBoot of the first one i wouldn't be surprised to see even 2-3 in that sense, but if they want to give me Gladiator on Ps4 i would happily give my money for that :P

Well .... Since it's only a port and I still have the ps3 remasters in my backlog I'm probably gonna pass on this.

Probably will only bother With Jak X considering i have the 3 to play on PS3 and tbh i'm not that interested in doing them multiple times 

4 minutes ago, I Am Error said:

Probably will only bother With Jak X considering i have the 3 to play on PS3 and tbh i'm not that interested in doing them multiple times 

Same with me really, this doesn't interest me as such.  I mean I might give Jak X a go, but to be honest, the others were somewhat of a poor choice.  I mean sure, for those that have yet to play them, but I mean, if they really wanted to play them, they would have by now, but that's just me.