PS2 Games on PS4: General Discussion & Complete List

VeldinX

On 2017-04-07 at 7:31 PM, dell9300 said:

Rainbow Studios' jet ski racing sequel Splashdown: Rides Gone Wild has been rated by the ESRB for a PS4 release,

the latest in the increasingly long list of PS2 leaks to come from THQ Nordic. There's no sign of the original Splashdown, though

it should be noted that one was originally published by Atari not THQ so the rights to re-release it may not belong to Nordic.

Heads up to @Feddixx  ;)

Awesome :D

I had actually not seen this until now, fantastic news! Thanks for the heads up :)

I'm still waiting for Stuntman and the MX games though, how long does it usually take from games being rated until they are released?

Seems like a lot of boring THQ games are being rated... But at least KOF 98 Ultimate match is coming soon. I'm hoping for SNK Arcade Collection Vol 1 to get a PS2OnPS4 release, along with Capcom, Konami and Squaresoft's PS2 games, though I have a bad feeling it won't since the PS2 classics coming from SNK were previously on the JPN PS3 store, which didn't include the arcade collection or FF Archives Vol 1

On 7.4.2017 at 7:31 PM, dell9300 said:

Splashdown: Rides Gone Wild and The King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match rated for PS4

gallery_13_192441.jpg

Rainbow Studios' jet ski racing sequel Splashdown: Rides Gone Wild has been rated by the ESRB for a PS4 release,

the latest in the increasingly long list of PS2 leaks to come from THQ Nordic. There's no sign of the original Splashdown, though

it should be noted that one was originally published by Atari not THQ so the rights to re-release it may not belong to Nordic.

That boxart is hilarious. xD THQ Nordic are going all in and rate one top game after another. [/sarcasm]. Can't there be any other publisher with more worthwile games out there starting to publish any PS2 on PS4-games. Capcom, EA, Konami, Square, Bandai Namco, Activision, Ubisoft or maybe Sony themselves? :|

9 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

That boxart is hilarious. xD THQ Nordic are going all in and rate one top game after another. [/sarcasm]. Can't there be any other publisher with more worthwile games out there starting to publish any PS2 on PS4-games. Capcom, EA, Konami, Square, Bandai Namco, Activision, Ubisoft or maybe Sony themselves? :|

Too bad that Acclaim isn't around anymore. They could release all of their amazing sports games from that era, like BMX XXX.

On 10/04/2017 at 8:12 PM, Feddixx said:

Awesome :D

I had actually not seen this until now, fantastic news! Thanks for the heads up :)

I'm still waiting for Stuntman and the MX games though, how long does it usually take from games being rated until they are released?

I remembered you wanted the Splashdown games to come so had to let you know personally. ;)

Ha well there's no "usual" when it comes to these PS2 releases. Some are rated and come out within weeks, some months. It's not usually too long but then there's Ape Escape 3 that's going on two years, so yeah...

26 minutes ago, Jak said:

Hopefully Sony do me good by giving my racing installment a platinum

I honestly hope they don't, because that's wasted development time I rather see they use on other PS2 games. What takes these PS2 ports time is actually just adding the trophies and it's a small team, so yeah, I rather see them spend that time on something else.

• 3 weeks later...

Surprised to see Code: Veronica being emulated rather than remastered considering Capcom's track record but in a way it's a good thing because more of their games might follow. There was that God Hand rumour remember so that could turn out to be true perhaps?

They really need to bring back the Onimusha games. I also would love to play and plat games like obscure, resident evil outbreak, ten bucks, the Japanese one with the girl who takes pictures at ghosts (can't remember the name).

There are so many good games on ps2! 

• Like 1

SNK's Art of Fighting Anthology coming to PS4

10802-PS2COVER.jpg

Art of Fighting Anthology has been rated by PEGI for a PS4 release. The PS2 compilation includes the Neo Geo

classics Art of Fighting, Art of Fighting 2 and Art of Fighting 3: The Path of the Warrior. The first game in the series is already

available on PS4 individually via the Arcade Archives series. This and The King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match, the

previous leak from SNK, should release on the PS Store in the coming months.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, EternalChaos72 said:

Plenty of garbage being released i see. The only good game coming out is code veronica. Where the hell is Sonic Heroes, SSX tricky, Yu-gi-oh: Duelist of the roses? 

I would love Duelist of the Roses, if that was ever announced, I'd be extremely happy.  But yeah, I agree, not many good games announced lately apart from Resident Evil.  And knowing them, this game here will be all bronze, about 15-20 trophies all up, going by other fighting game compilations.

• Like 1

It's up on the store, more expensive then the others, around the same price as say, Metal Slug Anthology is... about $2 more over here.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-nz/games/star-ocean-till-the-end-of-time/cid=EP0082-CUSA06379_00-SLES820280000001

Not sure if I will grab it this week at that price... depending on what else I wanna get this week in terms of other stuff.