PS2 Games on PS4: General Discussion & Complete List

VeldinX

22 minutes ago, TheJadedJay said:

There are a lot of games here I actually haven't heard of, but I officially want to try some after reading the comments. Dark Cloud particularly caught my attention though... a friend was going to send me a copy on PS2 a long time ago, but he never got around to it. Maybe I can try it out now. It's cool it includes trophies too. 

Do yourself a favor and start Dark Cloud..... NOW!!! Even though 16 years old, the game is so tight! Dark Cloud 2 is unbelievable as well. Buy them both, you will not be disappointed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, broy300 said:

Do yourself a favor and start Dark Cloud..... NOW!!! Even though 16 years old, the game is so tight! Dark Cloud 2 is unbelievable as well. Buy them both, you will not be disappointed.

After a recommendation like that, how could I not? Though I'm going to have a good five to six games I'll be playing at once. xD I hope they aren't too dear here in NZ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TerraTanium said:

Is Eternal Ring coming to psn EU? I see it only got a US release so far?

Well it's got a game breaking bug making it impossible to complete which as far as I'm aware still hasn't been fixed so.... it's probably a good thing it hasn't released on the EU store yet :P

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheJadedJay said:

After a recommendation like that, how could I not? Though I'm going to have a good five to six games I'll be playing at once. xD I hope they aren't too dear here in NZ.

I believe they go for about $20 or so, which isn't too bad, but yeah, those are good games for sure :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I believe they go for about $20 or so, which isn't too bad, but yeah, those are good games for sure :D

Oh yeah, that's perfectly decent. Will have to wait maybe a week or two for my next pay check to get both, but if I just buy the first for now that'll give me time to play it and the other games I have going. xD 

10 hours ago, Kapika96 said:

Well it's got a game breaking bug making it impossible to complete which as far as I'm aware still hasn't been fixed so.... it's probably a good thing it hasn't released on the EU store yet :P

I am thinking it has been fixed or people have found a way around the bug. As of right now 3 people have finished all the trophies in the game.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5978-eternal-ring

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It seems like it has been forever since they released a PS2 for PS4 game. I know the Jak games should be coming soon since Jak 1 was offered for a pre order bonus for Uncharted Lost Legacy but any news on when any others are coming out.

Edited by snakebit10

On July 24, 2017 at 2:23 PM, snakebit10 said:

It seems like it has been forever since they released a PS2 for PS4 game. 

I know right? I can't believe they haven't gotten around to putting Scarface The World Is Yours on PSN, which would sell really well i think. Or The Suffering 1 & 2, or NFL Blitz, NFL Street, or even some of the Mortal Kombat games like Armageddon most notably.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

These must be;

* Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories

* Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories

* Max Payne 2

* Mafia 1

* Just Cause 1

* Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks

* Silent Hill 2

* Silent Hill 3

* Silent Hill 4 The Room

* Silent Hill Origins

* Silent Hill Shattered Memories

* Hitman 2 Silent Assassin

* Hitman Contracts

* Hitman Blood Money

* Obscure

* Obscure 2

* Rocky Legends

* Need For Speed Underground 1

* Need For Speed Underground 2

All Legend.
Very loved games.

• Like 4

I swear to god they better be working on Crash Twinsanity PS2-to-PS4 right now given the news about Keith Webb's letter to Vicarious Visions and with the N. Sane Trilogy and everything going on with Crash. I'm sure Vicarious Visions would rather do Spyro Trilogy or CTR or a new Crash game anyway, so give us that at the very least for Twinsanity.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2017 at 9:44 AM, broy300 said:

I was pretty disappointed by Dark Chronicle and I liked Dark Cloud. It just lacked so much polish. The dungeon map was either tiny or took up the entire screen (it was perfect in the first one), the performance was shit and there were too many missables (I dunno if I count that as a gripe). I got to a point where I missed something and I just didn't care to continue or start again. The first one was so simple yet so smooth, why was the second one so fucked? Too much going on I think. 

Also I think a lot of the discussion should be moved to the wishlist thread as it's irrelevant here.

While I'm here is there a reason Eternal Ring hasn't been released in EU/AUS yet? I'd really like to play it at some point. 

Edited by LunchCannon54

On 12/4/2016 at 3:37 PM, jackmadrox said:

With how lacking PS4 titles have been, you'd think they'd be dishing out more PS2 classics for us to buy on the PSN store. They have some, but they haven't even scratched the most popular titles. I would like to see these available to play on PS4 sometime soon:

State of Emergency

GUN

Playboy The Mansion

The Punisher

Spiderman 2

Mortal Kombat 6,7,8

The Suffering 1 & 2

Scarface The World Is Yours

Rampage Total Destruction

Shellshock Nam' 67

Mademan: Confessions Of The Family Blood

The Urbz: Sims In The City

Tony Hawk's Underground 1 & 2

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

True Crime 1 & 2

The Simpsons Hit & Run

NFL Street 1 & 2

Darkwatch

Predator Concrete Jungle

JAWS Unleashed

I don't mean to sound like I just ate a bunch of member berries here, but shit man, this current generation of gaming blows. Where is all the original ideas? Where are all the good games that you just can't put down? I barely play games anymore on PS4, I mostly just watch YouTube or the WWE Network. 

I havnt read such a relatable post in a long time. Also these game recomndations are fucking awesome.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...