PS2 Games on PS4: General Discussion & Complete List

VeldinX

On 19/12/2017 at 2:58 PM, Elvick_ said:

PS5 exclusive. :P

Seriously though, who knows. I've heard rumblings that it's some licensing thing, but I can't be specific since I've not really played the game. I want it, damn it. Ape Escape 2 was sooooo long ago. I feel like we'll see PSone games on PS4 before we get Ape Escape 3. :/

Must be licensing issues with Konami and the Metal Gear Solid inspired minigames and monkeys. Either they're trying to reach an agreement with Konami, or they're trying to remove all MGS references from the game.

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Terra said:

I wonder when any of these are coming. Summoner was leaked almost last year and still nothing...and what happened to Ape Escape 3? 

Im still waiting on the rumour that from October about GTA Vice City stories, Liberty City stories and Midnight Club 3. I would get all 3 of them.

They seemed to have slowed right down lately. 

• Like 2

Just now, parkerdip said:

Im still waiting on the rumour that from October about GTA Vice City stories, Liberty City stories and Midnight Club 3. I would get all 3 of them.

They seemed to have slowed right down lately. 

I feel at least those will come out this year since we have the other GTA's on PS4 already. I wished they did the first two Midnight Club games but maybe in the future

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JMFV4223 said:

I'm still waiting on Legaia 2 to drop, can't find any info on that game at all. And they do seem to have slowed down lately with the releases, been a few months since a new one was added. 

Yeah it leaked awhile ago now in the form of a PEGI rating but nothing has been seen since. Honestly I'm not sure there is much hope for it nor Ape Escape 3 releasing at this rate.

Two more PS2 trophy lists appeared the other day (in the form of King of Fighters 98 and Orochi Saga) so hopefully they start to pick up the pace again soon! I'm still waiting on the GTA Stories to release.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First PS2 release of 2018... three months in, The King of Fighters ‘98: Ultimate Match. Ah well, better late than never I suppose. Only on the European/PAL PS Store so far but no doubt NA will follow soon. 

Now, Sony, is it too too much to ask for this PS2 initiative to get back on track? We need more decent games, much more often! Ta. 

I've outright given up on Ape Escape 3. I think at this point we'll just see a new Ape Escape made before we see Ape Escape 3 come out. And I think we all know the likelihood of a new Ape Escape... sadly. Unless it's some gimmicky PS VR game like that PS Move game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

Actually, I still think that Sony has mostly given up. However, they still allow each company to release their PS2 games (albeit with much less fanfare than before).

It does feel that way but to be fair they did release the Jak games not all that long ago, and besides it’s the team at SIEA that creates the trophies for SNK etc. 

1 hour ago, skateak said:

Midnight Club 3 would be cool but I really doubt it.  It would probably be a pain in the ass to get the license for all the cars and bikes again.

Midnight Club 3 was rated for PS4 last year though, along with three other Rockstar games, so it seems like a problem they can overcome. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/3/2018 at 1:51 PM, Elvick_ said:

I've outright given up on Ape Escape 3. I think at this point we'll just see a new Ape Escape made before we see Ape Escape 3 come out. And I think we all know the likelihood of a new Ape Escape... sadly. Unless it's some gimmicky PS VR game like that PS Move game.

I blame Konami... and Sony to an extent. If the problem really is the MGS related stuff, the fact it's taking them so long makes me think that Sony lost the original source code and so they can't recompile the game with the MGS assets and references removed.

On 1/4/2018 at 10:39 PM, parkerdip said:

Hmm I have just saw on the Gamespot website that Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories is rank #3 on the top upcoming games. Has the been rumour been confirmed as I've not heard about this since like September last year. 

It was rated by the ESRB board for the PS4, so technically it's not a rumor, but that doesn't guarantee it will get released eventually.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

Fun fact, it's sequel ended up turning in to Deadrising.

Daily reminder that the San Andreas on PS4 is a port of the mobile version of the game and not PS2.

San Andreas on PS3 is the port of the mobile versions.

PS4 San Andreas is the emulated PS2 version.