PS2 Games on PS4: General Discussion & Complete List

VeldinX

6 hours ago, ViceroyVirus said:

I don't know who does the port from ps2 to ps4, if it is Sony who hires developers to do them, or if developers like insomniac games (they've done ports to ps vita for some titles) have to request to to those. I suppose those developers will likely want to focus on making remastered versions rather than ps2 classics, since they sell better. More work with remasteres though.

Microsoft puts more effort into making ports of older games and in that case it seems like the company itself invests in making lots of playable old games.

It’s a team at Sony that handles them though they’re also remastering MediEvil at the moment I think. Might be one of the reasons for the slow down. 

• 4 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Lance the Lone Wolf said:

Source?

Well... I don’t have one exactly.  ? It’s an educated guess (hence why I said “I think”). They remastered the PSP games PaRappa, Patapon and LocoRoco. Since the MediEvil remaster seems to be on the same level as those, it seems likely. There were large gaps in the PS2 releases when the other PSP games were being done too. 

• Like 1

On 23/09/2018 at 6:38 AM, Evilmonkey275 said:

Thanks 1f600.png exactly what i was looking for. I'm i the only one trying to achieve all Ps2 Platinums?? I really thought Bully would have a NA and EU list.. i wouldn't of mind replaying it again, I know i could earn the platinum in 24Hrs 1f601.png

Glad I could help! ? I’ve gotten a good few of them myself. 

There’s actually a new one coming too: Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War. It’s available as a pre-order bonus with Ace Combat 7. ?

As for Bully, what they did was make it so if played in a region where it’s retitled, it renames the list to Canis Canem Edit, rather than having two separate lists. 

Edited by dell9300
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, dell9300 said:

There’s actually a new one coming too: Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War. It’s available as a pre-order bonus with Ace Combat 7. 1f609.png

Nice to read this. ^_^

I'm not that much into the series but I always enjoyed playing some of them from time to time.

And maybe, just maybe Sony will put some more focus on the "PS2 on PS4"-games once they released the PS1 classic as in "You can not only play those PS1 games on the PS1 classic but there's also a whole new bunch of your favorite PS2 games on PS4, right now". One can dream, right? :D 

3 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

And maybe, just maybe Sony will put some more focus on the "PS2 on PS4"-games once they released the PS1 classic as in "You can not only play those PS1 games on the PS1 classic but there's also a whole new bunch of your favorite PS2 games on PS4, right now". One can dream, right? :D 

Dream? Totally! But let’s face it, if the PS Classic does well then a mini PS2 will follow and that will be the death of PS2 on PS4 for sure. 

Tbh I think we’ve seen the most of PS2 on PS4 now. Our best hope is PS5 being more friendly to backwards compatibility. 

4 hours ago, superian0207 said:

so goood!! any ps1 list that i can refer to?

I'm not sure. Bear in mind though, PS1 games aren't playable on PS4, so the only ones that are released are remakes or remasters. There may be a list of remasters on PS4 kicking around the forums somewhere.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, JrsAlster said:

Any news on this ps2 to ps4 project? I was really hoping that Mx vs atv Unleashed, Mx vs atv Untamed and Stuntman Ignition would see a release date for the ps4 sometime soon since they were ESRB rated 2 years ago 1f914.png Anyone got any info? Would love to see it happen!

I'm still waiting on Ape Escape 3 myself, as that was announced as well ages ago, but still no word.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I'm still waiting on Ape Escape 3 myself, as that was announced as well ages ago, but still no word.

There was 2 ps2 games released in 2018 for the ps4, lets hope it will increase in 2019. (In the EU store atleast) I'm really hoping it increases since we are already getting Ace Combat 5 and it would be sad if we only got 1 more ps2 game the rest of the year ?

6 minutes ago, BlackSnake1435 said:

I re-played RE Code Veronica a few months ago, but just because other than the HD version available for PS3 and Xbox 360, this one actually had a platinum. Thats what I like about this kind of ports of PS2 in PS4, but even if you dont thing so, I wish I could see even more releases, since I never had a PS2 :(

Wait, the PS4 version is not a re-release of the PS3/360 re-release? The PS2 version never had subtitles in some versions...

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, LihapullaPoju said:

Very nice list!  I wonder when midnight club 3 dub ed. is being released, I love that game

I doubt it is at this point. Midnight Club 3, Max Payne 2, GTA: Liberty City and Vice City Stories were rumored back in September 2017, and we haven't heard anything about it since then. It seems like it was just a rumor.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

On 12/4/2016 at 3:37 PM, jackmadrox said:

With how lacking PS4 titles have been, you'd think they'd be dishing out more PS2 classics for us to buy on the PSN store. They have some, but they haven't even scratched the most popular titles. I would like to see these available to play on PS4 sometime soon:

State of Emergency

GUN

Playboy The Mansion

The Punisher

Spiderman 2

Mortal Kombat 6,7,8

The Suffering 1 & 2

Scarface The World Is Yours

Rampage Total Destruction

Shellshock Nam' 67

Mademan: Confessions Of The Family Blood

The Urbz: Sims In The City

Tony Hawk's Underground 1 & 2

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

True Crime 1 & 2

The Simpsons Hit & Run

NFL Street 1 & 2

Darkwatch

Predator Concrete Jungle

JAWS Unleashed

I don't need those games to be "included" for a PS4....I already have them on their original system...you johnny-come-lately people need to stop living in the NOW and relish what has come before...