PS2 Games on PS4: General Discussion & Complete List

VeldinX

Don't they also upscale the graphics? Pretty sure that would require the source code. Also if that were true, we would have had a port of panzer dragoon saga a long time ago(the computers the source code was on was burned up in a fire)Sega stated it's not possible without the source code

The emulator upscales the graphics to HD (or "uprenders" as Sony call it). The PS2 emulators on PC can do that too, perhaps not as well I don't know, and all they need is the ISO.

These aren't ports, they're just the original games running through an emulator that simulates PS2 hardware. They aren't native PS4 software. In the case of that game, it's not available because Sega hasn't bothered to get on board with the emulation. If they ever do then you may have a chance.

You know, I kinda wish Sony did the same with PSone games and PSP games.

There is an upscaler on the PS3. While playing a PSOne game on your PS3, when you press the PS Button there is an option for Smoothing that upscales the game slightly so its less pixely. Play with it off and then on and you will notice a decently significant difference. It ain't huge, but it's quite noticeable 

There is an upscaler on the PS3. While playing a PSOne game on your PS3, when you press the PS Button there is an option for Smoothing that upscales the game slightly so its less pixely. Play with it off and then on and you will notice a decently significant difference. It ain't huge, but it's quite noticeable 

I think he meant to say that he would like to see Sony making a PS1 and PSP emulation with trophy support too, similar to this PS2 one :)

Just saying we didn't get Manhunt in Australia despite your list saying EU got it :/

Well Australia isn't in Europe is it? :P I know we share the same store but that's actually why I can't list an AUS link for these because it would be the same as the EU one. I guess I could change EU to PAL (wasn't overly keen on that though really) and then mention in brackets "except Australia".

Just saying we didn't get Manhunt in Australia despite your list saying EU got it :/

Well Australia isn't in Europe is it? :P I know we share the same store but that's actually why I can't list an AUS link for these because it would be the same as the EU one. I guess I could change EU to PAL (wasn't overly keen on that though really) and then mention in brackets "except Australia".

Well it's not available in Germany either and that's in EU so include Germany in the brackets as well :P

I've read about Suikoden IV coming to ps4, am i wrong ?

Sadly that's a PS2 Classic release for the PS3, which means -among other things- no trophy support. :(

Seriously Konami is choosing the worst ways to release their old games, first re-releasing the Silent Hill HD Collection for PS Now and then releasing Suikoden 4 for PS3.

I mean I'm not saying they won't get money that way, but giving the great success that PS2 games on PS4 are getting they should start releasing them there too already! give me Silent Hill 2, 3, 4, Origins and Shattered Memories on PS4 already Konami!! :shakefist: with platinum support for 4, Origins and SM of course :3

No, we aren't - but going by the stores... apparently we are.

Well it's not available in Germany either and that's in EU so include Germany in the brackets as well :P

Really? That sucks...

No, we aren't - but going by the stores... apparently we are.

I have a feeling Manhunt is probably unavailable in many countries: Australia, NZ and Germany have been mentioned here, but I can also imagine it not being released in some Middle Eastern countries as well. I'll have a think and perhaps update the list to mention it's not available in said countries.

It's a pain this is even an issue in this day and age to be honest.

• Like 1

I have a feeling Manhunt is probably unavailable in many countries: Australia, NZ and Germany have been mentioned here, but I can also imagine it not being released in some Middle Eastern countries as well. I'll have a think and perhaps update the list to mention it's not available in said countries.

It's a pain this is even an issue in this day and age to be honest.

The problem is that it's on the index in Germany. The original version was banned back in 2004. The same with Red Faction but THQ Nordic got it removed and Rockstar not. A ban expires after 25 years normally so we can get it 2029 :P

The problem is that it's on the index in Germany. The original version was banned back in 2004. The same with Red Faction but THQ Nordic got it removed and Rockstar not. A ban expires after 25 years normally so we can get it 2029 :P

I wonder why the trophy list has a German translation even if the game is banned there? :blink: guess they're waiting for when the game gets unbanned on 2029 xD or maybe Sony just likes to encourage people to make alternative accounts from other countries and so still be able to play it.

Yeah, I mean, I'd love to play it for sure, but with it not being available to us... yeah :/

I never tried it, but apparently you can create like a US account and get the game from there even if its not available on your country, and you can then play it with your main account. Have you tried it? :)

You'll have a long wait then... good luck! :S Though Manhunt 2 was originally banned in the UK so Rockstar edited it so it could be released, shame they don't care about everyone equally. :|

I wonder why the trophy list has a German translation even if the game is banned there? :blink: guess they're waiting for when the game gets unbanned on 2029 xD or maybe Sony just likes to encourage people to make alternative accounts from other countries and so still be able to play it.

German will be needed for Austria and Switzerland. ;)

I never tried it, but apparently you can create like a US account and get the game from there even if its not available on your country, and you can then play it with your main account. Have you tried it? :)

I've not tried it... I don't even know how to do that sort of thing on the PS4.  I mean hey, at a later date I may try it, but for now, no big deal :)

German will be needed for Austria and Switzerland. ;)

Ah, didn't knew that. :)

I've not tried it... I don't even know how to do that sort of thing on the PS4.  I mean hey, at a later date I may try it, but for now, no big deal :)

I think you have to create a new user and then you can create a new PSN account for that user, then whatever you buy on those external Stores you can play them on your main account :) something like that.

For those interested, Destroy All Humans! is now on the store, at least the EU side, not sure of US yet.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-nz/games/destroy-all-humans/cid=EP4389-CUSA06353_00-SLES531960000001

The US one gets updated tomorrow :) just like in the rest of Europe. Due to time differences you could say Australia gets them 1 day earlier, currently its still Monday on the US and the rest of Europe, so it still isn't available on Spain, Italy, Germany, etc...

Edited by Finozzi1696

The US one gets updated tomorrow :) just like in the rest of Europe. Due to time differences you could say Australia gets them 1 day earlier, currently its still Monday on the US and the rest of Europe, so it still isn't available on Spain, Italy, Germany, etc...

The game is available in the German store. Should be available in the rest of EU as well then.

Sadly that's a PS2 Classic release for the PS3, which means -among other things- no trophy support. :(

Seriously Konami is choosing the worst ways to release their old games, first re-releasing the Silent Hill HD Collection for PS Now and then releasing Suikoden 4 for PS3.

I mean I'm not saying they won't get money that way, but giving the great success that PS2 games on PS4 are getting they should start releasing them there too already! give me Silent Hill 2, 3, 4, Origins and Shattered Memories on PS4 already Konami!! :shakefist: with platinum support for 4, Origins and SM of course :3

I don't know if Konami and/or Sony are trolling us, but in the EU-update it's listed as a PS4-game:

mpWN5He.png

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/11/01/new-on-playstation-store-this-week-cod-infinite-warfare-suikoden-iv-hitman-ep-6

But I assume it's a mistake.

Edited by Crimson Idol

I don't know if Konami and/or Sony are trolling us, but in the EU-update it's listed as a PS4-game:

mpWN5He.png

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/11/01/new-on-playstation-store-this-week-cod-infinite-warfare-suikoden-iv-hitman-ep-6

But I assume it's a mistake.

Apparently its a mistake, yeah: :(

CwLoIRJVYAAAh9Z.jpg

Personally I wasn't particularly interested on this game but if it was indeed released on PS4 that would mean Konami joined the PS2-to-PS4 emulation, so there would've been many chances to see the Silent Hill games coming too. Hopefully they'll join at some point :(

Edited by Finozzi1696