PS2 Games on PS4: General Discussion & Complete List

VeldinX

Did anyone actually grab it while it was live?  I saw it on the store and left to buy a PSN card to buy it but when I got home it was gone.  I was pretty bummed about it because on the way to the store I was thinking about it and then ugh.  

I grabbed it before it was delisted

Red Faction Does Have a Plat. 44 total trophies

• Like 3

Same price as Destroy All Humans? Or same price as say, GTA 3 and those games instead? Since that's the US store of course.  But hey, two weeks till we get Red Faction.  Seems to now be about every 2 weeks now for a new PS2 game on the PS4... I can live with that :D

A minor one, Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits... over here, it's known as just Arc: Twilight of the Spirits... no "the Lad" in the name.  But again, just a small one... not a big one like other ones have :)

Same price as the GTAs so cheaper than Destroy All Humans. ;)

Yeah in the PAL region it's just titled "Arc: Twilight of the Spirits" but I didn't want to mention it on the list because it's so similar and just clutters it up (it's too long to have both). Also the PS Store still lists it as "Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits" anyway.

Same price as the GTAs so cheaper than Destroy All Humans. ;)

Yeah in the PAL region it's just titled "Arc: Twilight of the Spirits" but I didn't want to mention it on the list because it's so similar and just clutters it up (it's too long to have both). Also the PS Store still lists it as "Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits" anyway.

Yeah, saw that one the store where it was listed as such, but when I grabbed it, was the other title.  But ah well, all good, thought I'd point it out is all :D

And really? Cheaper than Destroy All Humans? That's a surprise, thought it would be about the same price xD

Weird, in my Store its listed as "Arc: El Crepusculo de las Almas" without the "the Lad" thing. :)

I also thought it was going to have the same price tag :o a THQ Nordic's employee told me that they knew DAH was going to have a high demand, so maybe that's why they went with that price, same price they choose for their other proper remasters. Perhaps they just don't think Red Faction is as popular as DAH so they lowered the price.

By the way I'm happy to see that they are giving Platinums for all their PS2 emulations :D

Could be the case, that everyone wanted DAH.  But hey, I wont mind giving Red Faction a go for sure, to see how it all started.  And hearing that it does have a platinum is nice, 44 trophies all up.  Seems to be more than others have as well, where others seem to fall around 25-30 or so trophies.  So hey, I'm happy for it.  Wonder what the list actually looks like and if it'll be a tough one of not :D

a THQ Nordic's employee told me that they knew DAH was going to have a high demand, so maybe that's why they went with that price, same price they choose for their other proper remasters. Perhaps they just don't think Red Faction is as popular as DAH so they lowered the price.

Pfft, they sure know how to cut something at the knees. I was going to get that day 1, even with the crappy Canadian Dollar, but then it was $20 USD and lolno. No thank you. I haven't bought a single PS2 game on PS4 for $20 and I'm not going to start, particularly when it's converted into $26 and change CAD. Bad enough digital tiles are now mostly $20 instead of $15. Do not want to help publishers push up the PS2 prices. Even if I want the game, I'll just wait for a sale that will definitely come.

Pfft, they sure know how to cut something at the knees. I was going to get that day 1, even with the crappy Canadian Dollar, but then it was $20 USD and lolno. No thank you. I haven't bought a single PS2 game on PS4 for $20 and I'm not going to start, particularly when it's converted into $26 and change CAD. Bad enough digital tiles are now mostly $20 instead of $15. Do not want to help publishers push up the PS2 prices. Even if I want the game, I'll just wait for a sale that will definitely come.

I'm not a fan of the price either but if a PS2 game interests me enough I'll buy it at full price just to support the emulation, so we can keep getting more and more PS2 games with trophy support, and maybe even have a PS1 emulation at some point with trophies too.

I'm not a fan of the price either but if a PS2 game interests me enough I'll buy it at full price just to support the emulation, so we can keep getting more and more PS2 games with trophy support, and maybe even have a PS1 emulation at some point with trophies too.

That's me as well.  I mean I do want to get Samurai Shodown VI too, but a bit much for me at the moment (Christmas and all that).  Besides, I do want to go and get Bounty Hunter at one point too.  Gah, all these PS2 games I still want to play xD

• Like 1

I bought all the games that interested me day 1. Which has been most of the games released. Aside from this one, which was overpriced at $20. I'm not supporting PS2 games at $20, I'd have bought it day 1 at $15, or whatever the CAD conversion price would've been. But like I said, I'm not supporting them slowly increasing the price of PS2 games to default $15 and $20 when it was $10 and $15 prior. That's how digital games started, then slowly it creeped up. And now we're lucky to get a digital game that isn't $20 day 1.

Edited by Elvick_

I bought all the games that interested me day 1. Aside from this one, which was overpriced at $20. I'm not supporting PS2 games at $20, I'd have bought it day 1 at $15, or whatever the CAD conversion price would've been. But like I said, I'm not supporting them slowly increasing the price of PS2 games to default $15 and $20 when it was $10 and $15 prior. That's how digital games started, then slowly it creeped up. And now we're lucky to get a digital game that isn't $20 day 1.

It mostly depends on the publisher though, they are the ones who sets the price for this emulations. Sony's games are priced at 9.99 if they don't have a plat and 14.99 if they have one -there are some exceptions like Okage though for some reason-. Rockstar games are all priced at 14.99 regardless if they come with a plat or not. Etc.

Like I said I'm not a fan of the prices either, only thing you can say I "like" about them is that its like a confirmation that the emulation is being successful enough for these publishers so they increase them, but this also means they'll keep supporting it with more games and will not abandon it.

Anyways, one can always wait for a sale if not comfortable with the current price like you said, but as long as people keeps buying them at full price the publishers will keep selling them at 9.99/14.99/19.99. I don't think they are going to sell them for more than 20 though, I feel there must be some limit with this emulations regarding their prices.

Edited by Finozzi1696

With Red Faction coming next week, makes me wonder how tough the platinum will be and if there will be any missable trophies.  Especially since I've never played the game before, but probably will be grabbing it anyway to give it a good go :D

But then after that game, there's not many others coming by the looks of it.  Wonder which will be next, or if a new one will be announced.

I was meaning after that game, we get Red Faction, but after that it's unclear at the moment.

I didn't know that DAH will be released on tuesday. I thought it will be released sometime in december.

So yes, after Red Faction is unclear. But I think Red Faction 2 was rated as well so maybe that's the next one.

I didn't know that DAH will be released on tuesday. I thought it will be released sometime in december.

So yes, after Red Faction is unclear. But I think Red Faction 2 was rated as well so maybe that's the next one.

Some guy made a thread about it the other day: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/43251-destroy-all-humans-2-coming-november-29th/

Red Faction 1 will be released next week, on December 6 as seen when it got leaked a few days ago on the Store.

Either Ape Escape 3, Legaia 2 or RF 2 might be released next month.

Maybe Red Faction 2? Probably depends on how many people buy the first one

Since DAH 1 and DAH 2 were released on the same month I guess RF1 and 2 could be released on the same month too, although we haven't got a Sony game since months ago and remember how Ape Escape 3 and Legaia 2 were leaked a long time ago for a PS4 release, so those might also have chances to come on December.

A THQ Nordic's employee told me that they knew DAH1 was going to have a high demand on PS4 and it did 'cause he told me it was performing "quite good" on sales, maybe that's why they released it with such a high price and why they are releasing the sequel on the same month.

Apparently RF1 will cost 14.99 so it seems they don't think it will have the same "high demand" as DAH, hopefully it does well enough so we can keep getting all their PS2 catalogue and faster.

Edited by Finozzi1696

Red Faction's list is now up on the site and I saw it: http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5625-Red-Faction

And yeah, it did have a platinum, but it's funny, seems to have more trophies than other PS2 games have so far... I think it has the most so far xD

Not quite. Indigo Prophecy has 5 trophies more :P

Yeah it's nice to see some PS2 games getting treated properly with meaty trophy lists! :D I can't stand tiddly little lists for what where once full retail games, it's just plain wrong! Excluding things like Fantavision though of course, there's no way that had enough content for a platinum.

Yeah it's nice to see some PS2 games getting treated properly with meaty trophy lists! :D I can't stand tiddly little lists for what where once full retail games, it's just plain wrong! Excluding things like Fantavision though of course, there's no way that had enough content for a platinum.

I agree, while I do like ones like Arc, Wild Arms, Dark Chronicles and those ones... still wish others had more, especially ones like The Warriors, Ape Escape 2 and others like that, lots of content, but only little trophies.

I agree, while I do like ones like Arc, Wild Arms, Dark Chronicles and those ones... still wish others had more, especially ones like The Warriors, Ape Escape 2 and others like that, lots of content, but only little trophies.

Yeah Ape Escape 2, The Warriors and Red Dead Revolver were crazy for not having plats. :(