PS2 Games on PS4: General Discussion & Complete List

VeldinX

On 1/10/2017 at 1:06 PM, dell9300 said:

A highly requested series for sure! It's in the hands of Crytek now though and sadly it doesn't seem like they're very interested in the IP, not with TS4's cancellation and no news about TS Rewind for years now. :( 

Yeah it's a real shame, they'd surely make back the meagre amount of money they'd spend if they at least ported it, but I'll always hold out hope for a beautiful HD remaster or even a proper remake! Never gonna happen but I can dream!

On 10/01/2017 at 9:09 PM, MarkusT1992 said:

You can now buy the soundtrackfor the Dark Cloud series for 9,99€ on PSN.

I don't know if you want to add this to the list @dell9300. It kind of belongs here and the Dark Cloud games a have nice soundtrack.

Not sure it's really relevant to add to the games list but it's certainly a cool thing for fans of the series. Extra little things like these are definitely on topic though so don't worry about that, any PS2-PS4 discussion is welcome here! :D 

21 hours ago, MeteorHawk said:

Yeah it's a real shame, they'd surely make back the meagre amount of money they'd spend if they at least ported it, but I'll always hold out hope for a beautiful HD remaster or even a proper remake! Never gonna happen but I can dream!

Like Winkuru mentioned on the previous page, there was talk of TimeSplitters Remasters at one point but it fell through so you never know. Now with the PS2-PS4 emulation available they'd not have much work to do to re-release them (just the trophies mainly), we can hope can't we? :3 

On 18/01/2017 at 4:08 PM, starcrunch061 said:

Not gonna lie - I'm getting pretty damn frustrated with the "PS2 on PS4" service. It's time to get moving.

Yeah there's no denying they've slowed down recently, well not even to a trickle but to a stop! There's not been any released this month. :| The team probably took a break over Christmas so there are no releases ready yet. Sony should really hire more people though because it's getting ridiculous. 

4 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Any idea on when Red Faction II is coming?

No word, but I'd hazard a guess and say it'll be one of the first to release this year. THQ Nordic's other games (DAH 1&2 and RF1) released pretty quickly after their leaks so it's probably just the Christmas slowdown mentioned above that's gotten in the way for RF2. 

3 hours ago, Rocko said:

I'm still hoping rockstar give us max Payne 2 seeing as how we got the 1st game 

Hopefully! Rockstar haven't released one in a while now and they still have a lot to give: MP2 as you say, the GTA Stories, Manhunt 2 and the Midnight Club games. I'm personally holding out for the GTAs, it's been ages since the trilogy released, over a year now. :( 

On 23/01/2017 at 11:05 PM, Lance the Lone Wolf said:

Still no news on Ape Escape 3 yet? I'm guessing the Mesal Gear Solid minigame is causing some licensing issues. :\

No word on a release date yet but it has kept getting re-rated by PEGI over the past year (three times now if I'm not mistaken), most recently back in December. I'm guessing that could be down to cuts/changes? So you're probably on the money in saying there's issues with that minigame. When in doubt, blame Konami! xD 

• Like 1

THQ's Summoner 1&2 and Alter Echo rated for PS4, as well as Panzer Elite Action.

gallery_13_483621.jpg

Four more PS2 games from THQ Nordic have been rated for PS4 releases

by PEGI. First up, Summoner and it's sequel, Summoner 2, two RPGs from

Saints Row dev Volition. The third is the 2003 action-adventure Alter Echo,

and lastly military simulator Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory.

Alter_Echo_Dvd_ntsc-%255Bcdcovers_cc%255

Edited by dell9300

On 1/28/2017 at 2:11 AM, Elvick_ said:

Wish more publishers would release PS4 themes for their PS2 games like SNK did. They even have music in them! And they're free like the billion KoF themes.

I've been using one of those KoF themes. I've never even played a KoF game, but I like the music. Lol. 

45 minutes ago, dell9300 said:

THQ's Summoner 1&2 and Alter Echo rated for PS4, as well as Panzer Elite Action.

Four more PS2 games from THQ Nordic have been rated for PS4 releases by PEGI. First up, Summoner and it's sequel, Summoner 2, two RPGs from Saints Row dev Volition. The third is the 2003 action-adventure Alter Echo, and lastly military simulator Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory.

Looking at info on the game, Alter Echo sounds very interesting.  And Panzer Elite Action I'd play as well, cause.... well... tanks! xD

But reading up about Panzer Elite in particular, there is multiplayer... so maybe it'll be the first PS2 game to have multiplayer trophies? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_Elite_Action:_Fields_of_Glory#Multiplayer_Mode

9 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

But reading up about Panzer Elite in particular, there is multiplayer... so maybe it'll be the first PS2 game to have multiplayer trophies?

The multiplayer won't be available on the PS4 version. I'm 99.9% sure on that. It's just emulation remember and I doubt the servers would still be online. I'd be surprised if this game even gets a full trophy list to be honest.

4 hours ago, dell9300 said:

The multiplayer won't be available on the PS4 version. I'm 99.9% sure on that. It's just emulation remember and I doubt the servers would still be online. I'd be surprised if this game even gets a full trophy list to be honest.

Yeah true, but hey, I'll still play it anyway, cause you know, tanks xD