PS2 Games on PS4: General Discussion & Complete List

VeldinX

Oh my God that's beautiful! I refrained myself of making a similar thread before in order to promote "our" Wikipedia article, but it doesn't matter since I love how this came out! :D

Thanks for also including links to it and my thread!  ^_^

Thanks. :D  I debated with myself "should I? shouldn't I?" but in the end decided this list could have something the Wikipedia one couldn't: a focus on trophies, and links to the Store. I think it can be a good "database" for anyone who needs it.

Thanks. :D  I debated with myself "should I? shouldn't I?" but in the end decided this list could have something the Wikipedia one couldn't: a focus on trophies, and links to the Store. I think it can be a good "database" for anyone who needs it.

Edited by Finozzi1696

Nice list!

And EU once again gets the short end of stick... Is it really that tough to release games in both territories? xD

Thanks. :)

It looks that way, a good few of these released later in Europe, some by a day, some weeks later. The two unreleased ones are both from SNK so they must have a problem with us! What did we ever do to them!? :shakefist:

I agree! it really looks wonderful and well done, with all the logos and links to their Stores (except the Spanish one *cries*, haha I'm kidding of course :P).

Loved it!! like I said to you on our PM conversation I'll try to put a link to it on my thread and signature later on.

The "EU" links should direct you to your local store, so in your case the Spanish one? That's what I hoped would happen at least.

That would be great, thanks! :D ...and I will get around to replying soon, promise! :P

Great list - and nice that it's in alphabetical order so you can easily see if a game you're interested in has been emulated yet.

I love that Sony are doing this. None of the games here are games that I particularly want, but I may get Ape Escape 2 or Psychonauts eventually. Love 3D platformers and have never played Ape Escape/Psychonauts before. Would love to see PS1 support in the future.

Nice list!

And EU once again gets the short end of stick... Is it really that tough to release games in both territories? xD

I assume they'll be released eventually - it'll be worth the wait for some of these games, like Rise of the Kasai which was never released here on PS2.

Please, please, Sony, release Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3 eventually. I loved Ty 1 and 2 (I liked the first game better though, absolutely amazing), and finding out a few years ago that I was robbed of Ty 3 due to where I live was heartbreaking.

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 2

Great list - and nice that it's in alphabetical order so you can easily see if a game you're interested in has been emulated yet.

I love that Sony are doing this. None of the games here are games that I particularly want, but I may get Ape Escape 2 or Psychonauts eventually. Love 3D platformers and have never played Ape Escape/Psychonauts before. Would love to see PS1 support in the future.

I assume they'll be released eventually - it'll be worth the wait for some of these games, like Rise of the Kasai which was never released here on PS2.

Please, please, Sony, release Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3 eventually. I loved Ty 1 and 2 (I liked the first game better though, absolutely amazing), and finding out a few years ago that I was robbed of Ty 3 due to where I live was heartbreaking.

I'm with you - 3D platformers all the way! :D Though I do have an interest in the GTAs and Bully too from the games available so far.

There are a few that have made their European/Worldwide debut thanks to this emulation which can only be a great thing: Kinetica, Okage and, as you said, Rise of the Kasai.

The Ty series is a good shout, especially Ty 3 - I was meaning to import a PAL copy of it from Australia but never got around to it.

Oh you're right! I apologize for my stupidity xD

Fantastic well made! and don't worry about the PM, although there is a long message waiting for you :P I left you an advice there too.

Phew! You got me worried the links weren't working properly! Glad to hear that's not the case :P

The "US" links should also link to at least the Canadian store as well. I should probably have put "NA" instead come to think of it.

I wonder why Puzzle Quest isn't available for all of EU and if they ever will gonna fix it.

No reason was given and seeing as though it's not the most popular of games (and it's been five months since it was released) I doubt we will ever see it released on the other EU stores.

Just looked at the Wikipedia article list. Does Japan not have the PS2 on PS4 feature? Huh, I wonder why. By the way, awesome layout of this list. Small so far with the list of games, but looking forward for when lots and lots of PS2 games get added onto the PS4. So far we've been getting really old PS2 games mostly, but most of them are really great games, while others are hidden gems. So far all of these games I always had the option to play from where I lived before. But hopefully soon we'll be getting games that we could never play due to them not being available in whichever area we lived at or live at.

Just looked at the Wikipedia article list. Does Japan not have the PS2 on PS4 feature? Huh, I wonder why. By the way, awesome layout of this list. Small so far with the list of games, but looking forward for when lots and lots of PS2 games get added onto the PS4. So far we've been getting really old PS2 games mostly, but most of them are really great games, while others are hidden gems. So far all of these games I always had the option to play from where I lived before. But hopefully soon we'll be getting games that we could never play due to them not being available in whichever area we lived at or live at.

Sony hasn't rolled out the emulation to Japan and Asia yet for whatever reason. All the trophy lists and the emulation user guide have Japanese translations though so it's bound to extend to there sooner of later. Perhaps Sony Japan are letting the west beta test it first? :P

Yeah it's one of the best things about it, for games that weren't released in certain regions to finally be available there. There's been a few for Europe so it would be nice for you lot across the pond to get some too. :) Siren 2 might be a possibility since the first has been.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...