PS2 Games on PS4: General Discussion & Complete List

VeldinX

The next PS2 game coming to PS4 is Hot Shots Tennis / Everybody's Tennis! As announced on The Drop today, it will be released this coming Tuesday.

It'll be the first sports game from PS2 to be emulated so far. I'm surprised one of the Golf games in the series wasn't picked first though especially with the new one coming. So anyone looking forward to it?

Hot-Shots-Tennis-Front-Cover-8046.jpg   Everybodys-tennis-von-Sony-Game-gebrauch

"A tennis game for everyone! Filled with classic Hot Shots personality and true tennis gameplay, play against a quirky case of tennis pros and challenge your friends and family in singles or even four-player doubles matches. Tennis will never be the same!"

Edited by dell9300

Found the trophy list, it's another 100% game, no platinum for it: https://www.exophase.com/game/hot-shots-tennis-ps4/trophies/

I might skip this... only cause I want to get something else instead (that's been out for at least 6 years).  But only cause of how much money I get each week, which isn't too much... student allowance that is x.x

I've always been a fan of the Hot Shots golf series, but I've never played the tennis games. Anybody tried them? Are they worth my time? :)

Haven't played the PS2 one, but the PSP one is amazing. I hear the PS2 one doesn't have the same RPG elements that the PSP one does though. So *shrug*

But I'm looking forward to playing it later.

Edited by Elvick_

• 1 month later...

Destroy All Humans 2 got recently leaked on PEGI for a PS4 release.

big.jpg

What other PS2 games would you like to see on PS4 with trophy/platinum support? go here -> http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/33146-wishlist-of-ps2-games-on-ps4/

I don't care how much this is going to cost. If this gets a U.S. release I'm buying it. I played the crap out of this so much my PS2 copy doesn't even work anymore. 

• Like 1

I don't care how much this is going to cost. If this gets a U.S. release I'm buying it. I played the crap out of this so much my PS2 copy doesn't even work anymore. 

Don't worry, it'll have a US release. The first game was recently rated by the ESRB so the both of them are coming to PS4. ;)

Any news on Ape Escape 3 or Max Payne 2?

Not exactly but Ape Escape 3 was recently rated by the ESRB (was previously leaked by PEGI) so it's still on track and with any luck it means it's not far off, though it's been a year since the PEGI rating so no promises! :P

7uVCpct.jpg

xDDD that's so true.

84.gif

I mean, fans of RPGs and platformers might find some good games to play on the current catalogue, but for people like us who are more of a fan of horror games then it's definitely lacking. :(

Would love if we could get Fatal Frame/Project Zero, Silent Hill, ObsCure, Haunting Ground, Rule of Rose, etc... at some point.

• Like 2

RED FACTION TO PS4??? HELL FRIKKIN YES!!!!!!!! That is the kind of game I've been waiting for! Day 1 buy for me, absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!

i wonder why you didn't included it on your wishlist then: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/33146-wish-lists-ps2-games-on-ps4/page-30#entry1007460

unless its sarcasm?

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

i wonder why you didn't included it on your wishlist then: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/33146-wish-lists-ps2-games-on-ps4/page-30#entry1007460

unless its sarcasm?

Missed that one, as well as Red Faction II, since I bought the digital versions when they were 99 cents in a Flash Sale. That list is what I have in physical copies for PS2. I completely forgot about the few digital games I have. Good catch though!