PS2 Games on PS4: General Discussion & Complete List

VeldinX

6 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

Man...  I hope other publishers don't ditch this idea of PS2 games with trophies. I really wanted Tales of the Abyss =/

Yeah, PS2 to PS4 classics are rare nowadays... I hope there will still be some more releases in the future, I really liked the idea. 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2018 at 2:13 PM, dell9300 said:

Midnight Club 3 was rated for PS4 last year though, along with three other Rockstar games, so it seems like a problem they can overcome. 

They're taking forever with these GTA and the MC games. I've been waiting ages, but that leak must've been a rumour.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, fantrig99 said:

It is great they are bringing more PS2 games to PS4. Bandai Namco recently trademarked and maybe hinting on a possible Xenosaga trilogy remaster. Here's hoping it comes to the PS4. Those were some of the best RPGs on the PS2.

I'm really hoping that becomes reality. 

They remastered dot.hack GU a few months back but I would like to see the original 4 part remastered. I preferred that saga over GU.

• Like 1

On 24/04/2018 at 6:56 PM, EternalChaos72 said:

They're taking forever with these GTA and the MC games. I've been waiting ages, but that leak must've been a rumour.

They definitely showed up on the ESRB site so I’d put it somewhere in between a rumour and a leak. It’s legit but these ratings don’t always translate to releases it seems, most do but there’s a very small chance the publisher changes their mind or encounters issues before releasing.

Ape Escape 3 for instance: the general consensus is Sony had issues with MGS references in the game. As for GTA and MC games, it’d definitely be the soundtracks (and licenced cars in MC) at fault, and It’s a real pain because I need my GTA Stories platinums! ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Can anyone help me with Code Veronica X? I can't make game full screen. I've tried to change resolution in any way like Automatic, 720 to 1080. In game screen even not react on positioning through options menu. First time have this problem. On PS3 with the same TV all PS and PS2 games working fine, also San Andreas worked just aight and I played it recently, but RE doesn't react to anything and shows me small square in the middle of the screen...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised more games haven't released via the program.  Old action games and things like that you kind of expect won't come...a lot of those games will feel very dated by today's standards and probably won't sell that well, unless they have a big name attached to them.

But for JRPG, there's a gold mind of games left to come, that would almost certainly sell if priced properly.  Surely a game like Xenosaga or Dragon's Quest VIII would make money if dropped via BC?

• 2 weeks later...

At this rate I don’t think gta lcs and vcs are going to come to ps2 classics. It was leaked nearly a year ago and we still haven’t had any update if they are still coming. I guess the iOS port of Liberty City Stories didn’t do so well so I guess it’s not worth it to Rockstar. Which is a shame as I would love to platinum those two games so I can have all classic gta platinums. Most likely the music licensing holding them back as previously stated ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/08/2018 at 3:32 PM, ViceroyVirus said:

Does anyone know if they will interest themselves in expanding even further on the ps2 classics? Seems like no classics come out anymore

One released in June but you’re right, hardly any come out these days.

Yeah they don’t sell too well (I think) but that’s because they’re releasing games nobody wants (SNK fighters all the time). If they release the other Rockstar games they will sell, obvious. 

On 2018-08-11 at 9:51 AM, dell9300 said:

One released in June but you’re right, hardly any come out these days.

Yeah they don’t sell too well (I think) but that’s because they’re releasing games nobody wants (SNK fighters all the time). If they release the other Rockstar games they will sell, obvious. 

I don't know who does the port from ps2 to ps4, if it is Sony who hires developers to do them, or if developers like insomniac games (they've done ports to ps vita for some titles) have to request to to those. I suppose those developers will likely want to focus on making remastered versions rather than ps2 classics, since they sell better. More work with remasteres though.

Microsoft puts more effort into making ports of older games and in that case it seems like the company itself invests in making lots of playable old games.