PS2 Games on PS4: General Discussion & Complete List

VeldinX

Just saying we didn't get Manhunt in Australia despite your list saying EU got it :/

Well it's not available in Germany either and that's in EU so include Germany in the brackets as well :P

Same with New Zealand, we don't have it either.

Updated the list to mention unavailability of Manhunt in said countries and changed "EU" to "PAL" to be all inclusive.

If any other games aren't released in your countries please do let me know and I will mention it, thanks. :)

Destroy All Humans! doesn't appear as a PS2-on-PS4 game? I found it on the PSN Store, but it was listed as a PSN game. Only found it now cause I only used to search through the PS2-on-PS4 section, but now found it was available while checking the Games-New section on PSN. Or maybe I just somehow missed it, I dunno.

Edited by A Flopping Brawl3r

Destroy All Humans! doesn't appear as a PS2-on-PS4 game? I found it on the PSN Store, but it was listed as a PSN game. Only found it now cause I only searched through the PS2-on-PS4 section. Or maybe I just somehow missed it, I dunno.

This also happened with Psychonauts too, for some reason it isn't mentioned in the description that it is a PS2 game and some times it takes a while for them to appear in the PS2-PS4 section, this just recently happened with DAH on the US Store, it took a few days for it to appear listed on said section. I don't know why some of them aren't referred as PS2 games, probably 'cause they are from external publishers and they either forgot to put all that "this is just a PS2 emulation" text on the description (in case not only Sony handled that stuff) or they don't want to lose potential sales so they try to make it look like it is a proper remaster and avoid referring to it as just an HD emulation like the others?

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 1

Destroy All Humans! doesn't appear as a PS2-on-PS4 game? I found it on the PSN Store, but it was listed as a PSN game. Only found it now cause I only used to search through the PS2-on-PS4 section, but now found it was available while checking the Games-New section on PSN. Or maybe I just somehow missed it, I dunno.

It's included in the PS2 section on the European store so perhaps someone's forgotten to do the same on the US store. They're all listed as a "PSN game" though bare in mind, only the ones for PS3 are listed as a "PS2 Classic".

I wasn't sure myself at first either but someone on these forums who bought it when it was 'accidentally' released confirmed that the PS2 start-up was present, confirming it's just emulation and not a remaster. I've also seen this from videos on YouTube. ;)

The Warriors isn't available in Germany either

Updated, thanks.

DAH being around $27 in Canada makes me sad. Bad enough it would be $19.99 in USD, wouldn't even pay that much for it. Really want the game, but have to wait for a sale now. A especially good one since they chose to price a re-release with inflation in mind. New games, okay fine. But re-releases? Really. ugh.

DAH being around $27 in Canada makes me sad. Bad enough it would be $19.99 in USD, wouldn't even pay that much for it. Really want the game, but have to wait for a sale now. A especially good one since they chose to price a re-release with inflation in mind. New games, okay fine. But re-releases? Really. ugh.

Yeah I think most of us were surprised with the price tag for DAH. It's the most expensive PS2 game on the store now, along with Metal Slug Anthology but that had the excuse of being seven games in one, DAH is just... one. I don't know what THQ Nordic were smoking when they plucked that price out of thin air! xD

So yeah I think many will be waiting on sale for this one but these PS2 games tend to crop up in the sales rather often so hopefully you won't have long to wait.

Yeah I think most of us were surprised with the price tag for DAH. It's the most expensive PS2 game on the store now, along with Metal Slug Anthology but that had the excuse of being seven games in one, DAH is just... one. I don't know what THQ Nordic were smoking when they plucked that price out of thin air! xD

So yeah I think many will be waiting on sale for this one but these PS2 games tend to crop up in the sales rather often so hopefully you won't have long to wait.

Even weirder considering that Darksiders PS4 port is $19.99 at retail, even in Canada. Not even adjusted for inflation... :/

So weird, and unfortunate since I was looking forward to that one. But at least I've got Rogue Galaxy to get back too, and I might pick up Red Dead.

Even weirder considering that Darksiders PS4 port is $19.99 at retail, even in Canada. Not even adjusted for inflation... :/

So weird, and unfortunate since I was looking forward to that one. But at least I've got Rogue Galaxy to get back too, and I might pick up Red Dead.

When you compare it to that: a full remaster on disc by the same company, it really shows that DAH is a bum deal. :/

I would like to see Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge make it onto the PS Store. I really enjoyed those games back then.

Actually this thread is for PS2-PS4 news and general discussion. For requests/wishlists you can check this one: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/33146-wish-lists-ps2-games-on-ps4/ :)

Edited by Finozzi1696

Red Faction has been rated by the ESRB. I wonder if it will be on the US store soon. I've never played a Red Faction game.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.aspx?from=home&titleOrPublisher=Red%20Faction&platformsCriteria=PlayStation%204

Yeah I saw that earlier, while PEGI ratings can be ages before release, ESRB ratings generally seem to come just before a game is released so I wouldn't be surprised if Red Faction is the very next one and releases this Tuesday! ;)

Yeah I saw that earlier, while PEGI ratings can be ages before release, ESRB ratings generally seem to come just before a game is released so I wouldn't be surprised if Red Faction is the very next one and releases this Tuesday! ;)

That would be pretty nice, but somehow, I doubt it would be this week, as it feels like the PS2 releases have slowed down a little to one every two weeks.  But hey, you never know :D

That would be pretty nice, but somehow, I doubt it would be this week, as it feels like the PS2 releases have slowed down a little to one every two weeks.  But hey, you never know :D

Indeed they have but worse than that actually, it's been one a month for the past two months but I feel it's high time for it to pick up again. There's been a few times they've slowed for a few months and then surged up again. It'll be two weeks this Tuesday since the last one was released so yeah, you never know! :D

Indeed they have but worse than that actually, it's been one a month for the past two months but I feel it's high time for it to pick up again. There's been a few times they've slowed for a few months and then surged up again. It'll be two weeks this Tuesday since the last one was released so yeah, you never know! :D

Yeah I know, and hey, I would not mind giving the first Red Faction game a go.  I mean I do like the Guerrilla Warfare (not played Armageddon), so Red Faction is interesting as is.  So again, I wont mind playing the first game at all... just hope it's not a Destroy All Humans price x.x

Yeah I know, and hey, I would not mind giving the first Red Faction game a go.  I mean I do like the Guerrilla Warfare (not played Armageddon), so Red Faction is interesting as is.  So again, I wont mind playing the first game at all... just hope it's not a Destroy All Humans price x.x

Oh well it is THQ Nordic again so brace yourself! :P

Red Faction has been rated by the ESRB. I wonder if it will be on the US store soon. I've never played a Red Faction game.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.aspx?from=home&titleOrPublisher=Red%20Faction&platformsCriteria=PlayStation%204

Yeah it was first rated last month by PEGI and now by the ESRB :) although I don't agree with what some other guy here said 'cause I recall some games being rated by the ESRB but still taking a long while before getting released. :P

But hopefully this one comes soon!

All this recent PS2 ratings were from THQ Nordic's games: Destroy All Humans 1 and 2, Red Faction 1 and 2. It seems they are the new publisher that Sony got onboard for the PS2-PS4 emulation :) and since the publisher itself sets the price and DAH 1 cost $19.99 then expect to see the other ones with the same price tag. They had success with DAH 1 it seems so I don't expect them to change the price for their other games.

Edited by Finozzi1696

Love the list, been using it for a while.

Just to let you know Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords is also available in Australia while the list says PAL (UK only). Small detail but thought I might mention it anyway.

Thank you, it's good to know people have been using it so it's definitely been worthwhile! :D

And also thanks for letting me know about Puzzle Quest. I checked a few European stores at launch and the UK seemed to be the only one to have it but clearly I didn't check properly! So with the UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand having it, it's clearly only been released in English-speaking countries likely down to localisation issues.

Thank you, it's good to know people have been using it so it's definitely been worthwhile! :D

And also thanks for letting me know about Puzzle Quest. I checked a few European stores at launch and the UK seemed to be the only one to have it but clearly I didn't check properly! So with the UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand having it, it's clearly only been released in English-speaking countries likely down to localisation issues.

Yeah, we have it over here, so it could be the English-speaking countries that do have it.

Red Faction update

Today Red Faction was released accidentally on the US PlayStation Store, but as soon as it arrived it was delisted again, déjà vu anyone? The good news from this though is we now know the game will release officially on December 6th and it will cost $14.99. That also means it includes a platinum trophy, as confirmed by Corrosivescott

Another PS2 game, Samurai Shodown VI, did release today in North America and that one's here to stay. A PAL release will follow on Friday.

Cx4zf5QUsAAkymJ.jpg

Edited by dell9300
  • Like 3