Battlefield 1 Collector's Edition doesn't come with the game

Venocide

uhhhh... really EA!? 

Amazon's exclusive collector's edition for Battlefield 1 costs $129.99 and doesn't include Battlefield 1.

Available for all three of the game's formats, the item's listing is pretty specific: "Battlefield 1 Exclusive Collector's Edition - Does Not Include Game".

So what does a game-less video game collector's edition include? Let's see (I'll help annotate):
  • 14" statue (not the game)
  • Exclusive steelbook (not the game)
  • Cloth poster (not the game)
  • Deck of playing cards (different game)
  • Messenger pigeon tube containing exclusive DLC (for the game, but not the game)
  • Patch (not the game)
  • Premium Pacakaging (not the game)

For the price of, well, a full-price video game, you can grab the disc alongside the collector's edition for $189.99. Then there's the $209.99 Deluxe edition, which appears to make the sole addition of the Early Enlister version of the game - as you may have guessed, that's usually $20 more than the base game. 

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/08/08/130-battlefield-1-collectors-edition-doesnt-come-with-the-game

Honestly, i appreciate the idea.

If we're being honest, collector's editions are just merchandise. There's no practical reason to bundle it with the game itself other than maybe providing an incentive to preorder. Talking about preorders, the very idea of preordering a collectors edition to a game that might very well end up being shit blows my mind. With this we can just buy the game and "upgrade" to the collectors edition if we like it enough without having to buy the game itself twice.

The pricing's another debate but it's not like this is the first time EA has done an overpriced collectors edition.

• Like 2

If we're being honest, collector's editions are just merchandise.

Wait... what? The collector's edition of a thing, is not the thing it's a collector's edition of?

The whole point of a game's collector's edition, is that it's an edition of the game with stuff added that appeal to collectors. They can try to call it whatever tf they want, but it's not a CE of the game, it's a merchandise set.

I don't mind the fact that there is such a merchandise set, I don't care about it one way or another, I just think calling it a CE is stupid. But I suppose they're just traying to come up with more and more ridiculous stuff, just to stay mentioned in games media.

Edited by Ric

Stay poor, bitches!

On a more serious note, this is just for value purposes and I'm cool with that. As a collector, I know I wouldn't be happy if someone charged me a fortune for a open collectors edition.

Edited by FlareXV

Uhh so there are two collectors editions, one with the game and one without. Whats the problem. i dont get it.

This one has the game in it

217221_detail.jpg

The Battlefield 1 - Collector's Edition Contains:

• 14" Collector's Edition statue
  • Battlefield 1
  • Exclusive Steelbook
  • Exclusive cloth propaganda poster
  • Deck of playing cards
  • Messenger pigeon tube with exclusive DLC
  • Exclusive Patch
  • Premium packaging