Bloody Fingers and Broken Controllers: Let's Play Retro/Grade (Poll Added)

Next Game For the Series  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these games should we play next? Anyone can vote.

• Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (on sale now)
    • Quantum Conundruim
    • Runner 2 (bit.trip)
    • Sine Mora
    • Other (tell us in the thread)
  2. 2. Should games with a platinum be eligible or should it stay 100% games?

• Plats are the shizz!!!
    • Keep it 100% games only.
    • *Insert Zorry shrug emote here*

Sign me up please. Going to try starting this once I finish my current game.  :)

Same here, should be tomorrow or the next day.

>Hemiak's event

I'm like... 'Oh crap'

*checking the trophy list*

Okay... good luck to all participants.

Awesome! My reputation for doing stupid shit precedes me. xD

I'll get everybody's names added in when I get home. Feel free to start whenever you want everybody.

• Like 1

Awesome! My reputation for doing stupid shit precedes me. xD

Actually its awesome to see someone is doing those events, its another great event you created and not shit by any means :lol: I like to follow these to see the later outcome of it.

Edited by Saionji
  • Like 2

Actually its awesome to see someone is doing those events, its another great event you created and not shit by any means :lol: I like to follow these to see the later outcome of it.

Thanks for the kind words.:highfive:

I find a bit of challenge a good thing and it makes me sad to see so many people just say 'too hard 4 me, not even going to try.' I might do one of these for Sine Mora at some point. :hmm:

I didn't realize this was a rhythm game. Looks interesting and I'll probably give it a try.

You can sign me up for this, but I won't be playing it for at least another couple of weeks (til THTL is over.)

You could probably get the first 7 or 8 trophies in an hour or two. Just play through it on the easier difficulties first. You basically get three each time you finish a difficulty with top marks. Edited by Hemiak

Thanks for the kind words. :highfive:

I find a bit of challenge a good thing and it makes me sad to see so many people just say 'too hard 4 me, not even going to try.' I might do one of these for Sine Mora at some point. :hmm:

You could probably get the first 7 or 8 trophies in an hour or two. Just play through it on the easier difficulties first. You basically get three each time you finish a difficulty with top marks.

How would you say it compares to Guitar Hero/Rock Band difficulty wise (at the upper difficulties, I mean)? I can count the number of songs that I can't play well on expert guitar/bass on one hand, so I'm wondering if that will count for anything here or if it's too different/hard.

How would you say it compares to Guitar Hero/Rock Band difficulty wise (at the upper difficulties, I mean)? I can count the number of songs that I can't play well on expert guitar/bass on one hand, so I'm wondering if that will count for anything here or if it's too different/hard.

I honestly can't say yet. I know for a fact there are much fewer notes for this game, but you also have to move up and down and avoid shots and do a few extra things. The guide I looked at says that If you're solid on guitar and can wrap your head around the controls it's probably easier that way. I was considering trying that out too.

Edit: I'll also post a link to the guide tonight too, though it's not super informative. The trophies aren't tricky at all, its just a matter of playing good enough and sticking with it.

Edited by Hemiak

Finished everything I need to pay attention to on Starwhal. I try to set up the game to idle over night... Turns out I need a turbo controller to make it work right. FML, I've got about 875 more matches of versus to play. I can do it without really paying attention, at about 15 seconds a match, but I still need to be present (just over 3.5 hrs :( ) . Maybe I can find a good dirt cheap turbo. :hmm:

So I've finished my first playthrough and I figured why not post my impressions (and accomplishments B) ), after all that's why the thread's here.

I played on casual difficulty, both because the guide recommended it (I think) and because it's been a while since I've played any sort of rhythm game (even though I quit enjoy those). I'm going to toot my own here for a sec and say that I'm quite good at rhythm games too. I am, however, not good with very bright and flashy colors and distinguishing it all from a moving background :S . First things first, tutorial time! Right off the bat I get confused, I won already? Where's the tutorial? I even went as far as clicking start and almost exiting, thank god for 'This is the tutorial, don't miss this' messages because I wouldn't have even started otherwise. I did the first three levels late last night and got a nice Astro Admiral rank on level 10, but I missed just one note? blob? laser? on level 9 and 8. I continued playing about an hour ago and I played through all the remaining levels in one go. I won't divulge too much information for people who don't want to be spoiled, but level 4 is a bitch, level 3, 2 and 1 are the best and have the awesomest soundtrack. I kept missing one note and I went up or down too early a few times, so again no Astro Admiral or Continuum Captain ranks (I did get 99. % on all of them, but you have to be perfect to get those ranks). I do believe getting Astro Admiral (and Continuum Captain) ranks on casual and beginner won't be too difficult, but the fact that there are 4 difficulty levels higher than casual ?! :jaymon:

All in all, I think retro/grade is a great game. Getting it to 100% will take me a long long while though and for now I'm still down to try it. Maybe once I play on a harder difficulty that'll change and I'll break a controller or two (but I've got a third one, so no worries). I, sadly, don't have a guitar (at least not one for playstation, though I doubt I could plug my real one in :hmm: ), or I would've certainly tested how that plays.

A few stats then: I got 2 out of 21 trophies, getting a 9% completion and only one Astro Admiral rank on Casual level 10.

• Like 2