Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EGOYARD

30 fps with drops...

20 posts in this topic

It's the same kind of people that claim that you can't see more than 30 fps.. the game isn't worth more than 20 bucks anyway but with 15-30 fps not even close to that. Wasn't this supposed to run on VR as well? Even 60 fps is straining your eyes too much with a screen that close but VR at 15 fps is hilarious to me. Sad part is people will defend it. 

Jeez and someone on reddit calls this game "smooth". Games like this should have stable 60FPS.

Buy a PC. Consoles are budget priced for a reason.

30 fps is ok with ps4.. well 60 is alwayz better but then you will lose on graphics like texture quality, lighting etc.. problem comes when game goes below 30.. normally when these drops are rare it hardly matters. I dont think one should complain about 30 fps.. there is difference between 30 and 60 but its very less.. 30 also seems very smooth..i remember playing dark souls 2 at 60 and witcher 3 fully patched at 30.. in ds2 frame rate i dont think ever goes below 30 but at few places it felt lag.. though it dint go below 30.. so point is important is that game should maintain stable frame rate.. be it 30 or 60.. even at 60 if frame rate is going to 40 50 more often it would be worse experience than capping that game at 30. Thats what devs think of..no man sky from digital foundry video what i found is that it maintains capped 30 except when landing on planets with high speed..where it goes to 15 fps.. well this is dissapointing..15 is way to less.. but hopefully this will be fixed..u can alwayz expect little improvement if not much.. as this phase is small so i think this thing can be patched..problem comes when everything like in assassin creed unity has to be redone..but yeah thing i can tell you is dont think much about 30 or 60.. if its capped 30.. its good too.. though if its below 30.. u can wait for the patch and hope it will be fixed by it..and if you dont like wait.. well high end pc is way to go..

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN IN THE LAST 16 YEARS OF CONSOLE GAMING?

Edited by TCODE1

10-15fps really is quite abysmal. 30 would be fine imo - if it stayed at 30 consistently. Which, it has been reported, it doesn't. And the argument that the PS4 is a console is nonsense, lots of PS4 games support 60fps/1080p, and arguing that it's the level of detail in NMS isn't a great excuse either, since the textures used aren't exactly mindblowing (I'm not saying they're bad.)

Hopefully this gets addressed in a patch

I dont understand why so many people bashing this game because its not 60fps and it drops below 30 in a certain situation. Go watch the digital foundy frame rate test, its perfectly locked 30fps almost every time, expect when you are going going with full speed with your ship near a planet surface. And this issue can be fixed by either going slower or going higher.

AND by the way i agree that this game could run with 60fps, the ps4 hardware is capable of doing it, but for that to happen, the devs have to deeply optimize the game code for the hardware and with this game that is clearly not the case.
Hello games is an indie dev with very limited funds and nor they have the time or the money to optimize the game perfectly. They most likely use the indie dev tool for ps4 which makes development a lot easier but in return it wastes a lot of cpu resources. (yes a thing like that exist, thats why so many indie games get ported to ps4)

So my point is, that for an indie game, this game runs just fine, my only problem with the game is that they ask full AAA price for it, which is ridiculous.

I dont understand why so many people bashing this game because its not 60fps and it drops below 30 in a certain situation. Go watch the digital foundy frame rate test, its perfectly locked 30fps almost every time, expect when you are going going with full speed with your ship near a planet surface. And this issue can be fixed by either going slower or going higher.

Digital Foundry went further than that. The drop is when you are flying and the game is running the CPU and procedural generation is taking place. Once your CPU has determined what a planet looks like, and your flying over terrain which has been determined, the FPS picks up back to 30 in their testing. 

This makes sense, as the CPU is often cited as the PS4's bottleneck. It's why HITMAN runs better on XBOne, as that game uses more CPU than GPU, where PS4 has the edge. 

Digital Foundry went further than that. The drop is when you are flying and the game is running the CPU and procedural generation is taking place. Once your CPU has determined what a planet looks like, and your flying over terrain which has been determined, the FPS picks up back to 30 in their testing. 

This makes sense, as the CPU is often cited as the PS4's bottleneck. It's why HITMAN runs better on XBOne, as that game uses more CPU than GPU, where PS4 has the edge. 

Yep, the CPU bottleneck. Same reason AC Unity runs better on Xbone than PS4. 

You know how you just know your grandparents probably inwardly shake their head when you complain about first world problems, because they love their grandchildren but seriously they lived through the Great Depression and Second World War? This is sort of what it's like to be someone whose first console experience was the Atari/Sega/NES when these things were state of the art.

You know how you just know your grandparents probably inwardly shake their head when you complain about first world problems, because they love their grandchildren but seriously they lived through the Great Depression and Second World War? This is sort of what it's like to be someone whose first console experience was the Atari/Sega/NES when these things were state of the art.

Standards have changed, Sony is treating this game like it's an AAA title, so it should be judged by AAA standards, in my opinion. We are paying full price for it, after all. And No Man's Sky isn't a NES game, it's a PS4 game, and most AAA games have at least a stable frame rate.

Comparing a PS4 game to a NES game is absurd.

(Disclaimer: I am aware this is an indie, but Sony definitely isn't.)

Games going below 30FPS in any situation in the year 2016 is ridiculous this isn't the 90's anymore.

Standards have changed, Sony is treating this game like it's an AAA title, so it should be judged by AAA standards, in my opinion. We are paying full price for it, after all. And No Man's Sky isn't a NES game, it's a PS4 game, and most AAA games have at least a stable frame rate.

Comparing a PS4 game to a NES game is absurd.

(Disclaimer: I am aware this is an indie, but Sony definitely isn't.)

...No, never mind. I don't care enough to waste my breath.

Man...the crying going on in this thread...I need to put on my rain boots.

Also, I think some of you brilliant gamers here missed something. I have read every post and nowhere did I see somebody compare the 8th gen or this game to anything in the 90s or older. 

Moreover, you're crying in the wrong place. Just go tell the devs. Even AAA games are plagued with issues at launch that need to be patched. Let them know. They'll fix it.

Also, I think some of you brilliant gamers here missed something. I have read every post and nowhere did I see somebody compare the 8th gen or this game to anything in the 90s or older. 

Moreover, you're crying in the wrong place. Just go tell the devs. Even AAA games are plagued with issues at launch that need to be patched. Let them know. They'll fix it.

It was heavily implied that we were supposed to deal with low framerates, because that's what older gamers had to deal with back in the 90s or earlier, which is utterly absurd. Technology evolves.

Edited by madbuk

It was heavily implied that we were supposed to deal with low framerates, because that's what older gamers had to deal with back in the 90s or earlier, which is utterly absurd. Technology evolves.

Need glasses? Here, I'll make it easier for you to see...

...see it yet? I know you can do it. Try a little harder... ah...ah...ahhhhh. There ya go. I'm proud of you.

Protest with your wallet my friend. With your wallet.

Or just do this...

I didn't expect GREATNESS for this game till I heard its 60$. No wonder they try so hard to keep it single player. Frames would be dipping even more, maybe.