Ragnarok Odyssey Ace few questions

Superbuu3

1. Are servers region locked I have american friendws who want to play this but i have the EU version?

2. What are the easiest classes to use? What class is considered the best?

3. Has this got any major gameplay improvements over the original (not added content I mean your characters movesets or upgrades)?

4. When can you get access to the free dlc oufits?

5. Can you change classes freely?

6. Are servers dead?

7. Is this game hard?

8. Can you use AI bots online?

9. Are AI bots useful?

I'm late to the party. I just grabbed this as my friend seems to like monster hunting games so we been playing SSD, Toukiden Kiwami and plan to play the God Eaters.

2 - They nerfed mage to make him the best

Soul Sacrifice allows you to do coop quests solo by playing in local coop, but playing by yourself, and it counts for the trophy. Can you not do that with Ragnarok Odyssey?

Nope, Ragnarok works differently. Edited by Satoshi Ookami

2- Sword Warrior and Mage are the OP classes.

4- Just download them from the PS store and you can use them right from the beginning of the game.

5- Yes, and without any penalties. To make things easier, just save your current build before changing to a new class.

6- Not dead, but you may find a room full of overpowered players that will "help" you by destroying a boss in seconds. And beware of cheaters: no weapon has ATK over 1k.

7- RNG is merciless. Other than that, no. Just memorize boss patterns and you will be fine.

8- No.

9- The AI is useless. You will be better soloing the game instead of relying on the AI.

Edited by ab4h4r4k1
  • Like 2

mine will be the following...

1- not sure if the server are region locked or not, my account is an EU region, while the game is the US (PS3) version, and I manage to play the game with a french, British and American people.

2- the most common class I noticed people use the most online is the Sword Warrior, I don't really know what they do but I seen people with a sword warrior class run ultra fast that they can shoot moon shaped wave of wind when they swing their sword, also they can deal a damage of 9999!!, personally I like the Cleric class the most and next to it is the Mage.

3- Google it, you can see what did changed or what's not.

4- I believe you can get access to them once you download them or, until finishing chapter one...

5- yes, but you have to finish chapter one or until you became an Ace member or something.

6- it's still active and alive, once again thanks to fabmorais_2011 I got all the 100 online co-op trophies! the only thing that is dead is the support ( back two years ago there used to be a log in goodies where you have to log into the game daily to get some free health items / cards and other resources, but it's no more unfortunately )

7- it can get really hard later on especially on the Ace chapters, mostly boss fights.

8- you mean something like an A.I partners? no, you can only used them offline by hiring some of them to fight along your side.

9- as usual in games that recommend you to play it online these bots have have a brick for brain, don't count on them! but they are good in distracting the enemies to drive them away from you. so it's best to have two of them with you when playing the game offline, you can even upgrade them by finishing a chapter while they are with you ( or I believe if you payed them enough amount of in-game money )

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

IDK... Before playing this game I've read that mage is one of the OP classes... So I created a mage and I was having a lot of fun until the final chapters of normal quests. My character seems to be really underpowered right now and I just can't find a good setup for it. Usually when I get stuck in a quest I just ask for some help online.

So I understand a lot of people like mage class but I was not good enough to evolve my mage character adequately.

Do you people have any tips or suggestions about setups/weapons/cards/abilities for mage class?

• 4 months later...