How Do You Handle Your Backlog?

The_Blackout_Kid

Backlogs.

We know 'em, love 'em and quite possibly hate 'em. B)

Right now, I'm trying to remove certain games from my backlog without adding new ones. And I think I'm on a roll, until a Flash Sale on PS Store brings that to a crashing halt :facepalm:

My question is: How do you decide which games on your backlog list to tackle first?

Do you pick games that you can plat' or 100% quickly? Or do you try and get the hard ones taken care of first so you can cruise through easy games later? My pattern is a little from Column A, a little from Column B. It all depends on how I'm feeling that day or week.

Sometimes, I'll look at my list and just start playing something at random with the mindset of "This game has been uncompleted for entirely too long and needs to go"

I'm curious to hear what other people have to say.

• Like 2

It's pretty random for me as for what games I go back to. Depends on my mood and if I found any enjoyment when I previously played a game.

Right now I'm playing Resident Evil 5 on my PS3 and it's pretty fun to play a game I haven't touched in years. 

If its a game that have MP, I tend to run those 1st as the server shutdowns come from out of nowhere. If its SP, then I tend to play it, but leave it and come back to it later on as there's no MP trophies on there. JRPGs as well as there's rarely any MP trophies in there.

Edited by kidson2004

If I had more time at hand I'd be more organized.

But not being the case, it's just to get a game I'm in the mood to play, and have fun. If I decide to get the platinum it must take less than 40 hours.

When I have luck and get time I start to play a big one.

I tried to be organized some weeks ago making a Road to platinum 100 list and i already failed getting two platinums not considered in my profile page lol

Edited by GoldenShaka

Personally I play the games I buy in order. Recently I brought DMC HD Collection so I'm going to earn the platinums for it. If I buy a new game/games I'll start it until the start menu and quit the game so it's in my backlog. I won't even begin playing it until either I complete the other games I brought or want a game's platinum as one of the milestones.

That's just me :P

• Like 2

I'll occasionally bludgeon out some older games, in between the newer stuff.  Picking the quicker ones to reduce the sheer volume occasionally.  Trying to whittle down my PS3 backlog me as there's less new stuff coming in, the PS4 backlog is just growing.  It's not something you should be worried about.  Instead be happy you have so much to play once you are done with what you are doing.

I like to play max 2-3 games at a time while strongly focusing on only one game not to make this too messy for myself. That way my progress with games I own is pretty efficient, I dont really plan too much ahead as well. I may have usually planned around 5-6 games ahead which I like to play next.

I have some overarching goals, such as complete all main Dragon Warrior/Quest games + remakes, complete all main Final Fantasy games etc, so I am always going back to them. Along with this, I tend to play three games at a time: such as, one for PS4, one for PS3 and one for VITA/3DS. Generally something newer for PS4 and two backlog ones, one for PS3 and one for either of the portables.

I don't have much time, which means that, for instance, I played Dragon Warrior VII on and off for two years before completing it last year. Right now I'm juggling Dragon Quest VIII (PS2), Injustice (PS4) and Freedom Wars (Vita). I also went back to Street Fighter x Tekken (VITA) to finally achieve all remaining online trophies. Also, when I add a MP game to the list, like Injustice or SFxTK, I tend to get rid of the online trophies as soon as possible. Sometimes I just clean up MP trophies randomly from my backlog just to be safe (just did that with Frozen Synapse Prime, Pixel Shooter Ultimate and Super Exploding Zoo).

Edited by fabmorais_2011

I tend to play a couple of games which are going to be *quicker* platinum's or easier than normal (these can be any game from something i want to play or something from free PSPlus) then i tend to throw in a game that's gonna take a long time or something thats got a high difficulty rating (games which i generally want to play)

Problem with my back catalogue is I've got so many long games. *dragon age, fallout metal gear etc* at this rate i cant see myself ever getting the time doing them all and i still cant help myself buying games.. 

secretly i want to be taken ill from work for like a broken leg etc so id have PLENTY of time make a dent in my collection :( lol

• Like 3

What I do is I focus on doing the MP trophies for my games first mostly because you never know what can happen. All SP games can be done with no worries so usually for those I play around 3-4 at a time. When choosing a game to play I just go with whatever I feel like playing at the moment. Having goals set always seems to motivate me a lot.   

I've had some games in my backlog for 3+ years now. I have a habit of giving in to sales, and I still buy new releases, so my backlog is often increasing in size rather than getting smaller. Last I checked, I had around 50+ games in my backlog, not including games I've started but haven't finished.

How I handle them just depends on my mood and current amount of free time. I'm on summer break right now till September, so I have oodles of free time, but I've mostly been focusing on a mix of short games, and games I'm most interested in playing recently. I don't really want to start any long RPGs right now, as I'm also away for two weeks in Canada in September, aside from college, so I won't get to get much gaming done at all next month.

I usually play RPGs at a moderate pace anyhow, took me a month to complete the Witcher 3 last year, after a total of about 70 hours in-game time.

I generally try to play a series in order, and play whatever sounds fun at the time - if I lose interest, it's abandoned until I feel like playing it again. Main exceptions would be events (time/genre priority), co-op, and stumbling across multiplayer sessions.

I'm a little over a quarter of the way through my Playstation stuff, trophy-wise. I'm not fast, but I'm happy enough with my progress.

I try to handle my backlog with most care and kindness in Order not to break The gaming cases and The Media inside , that only applies to physical realtionship . The digital one is a different story whole together .

I like how my digital backlog is easily forgettable, unlike my physical backlog, which stares at me everyday to remind me of my everlasting shame.

• Like 4