How Do You Handle Your Backlog?

The_Blackout_Kid

I keep in mind the games I have sat waiting for me to complete, then I just pick what I fancy and have time for. Right now I'm playing a shorter game because I haven't had much free time. I'm not strict on myself because that's no fun so if a new game I'm excited for comes out I will play and enjoy it and then go back to my other games in between the new releases.

Take care of one game at a time, two via special circumstances. Don't move onto another game till one is completed, whether that be getting the game's platinum trophy or going for 100%. And some of the most hardest games I save for last so that the time required to complete them doesn't give time more incentive to add new games to my backlog (something a lot of people here actually suffer from). Additionally, the challenges of these (difficult, or grindy) games could result in long term breaks, which will end up corrupting progression in profile completions, and in frustration strong enough leading to starting other games. (Hence why I've saved/haven't started Killzone Shadow Falls, finished up Dead Space 2, haven't purchased COD: C, and so fourth.)

These are the reasons why my backlog is not too big right now, never has been, never will be, and so fourth. The only reason my backlog is the size it is right now is out of my picky/planned/assigned nature of how I want my profile to go via the path to 100 platinums. After 100-105, I'll start completing games in random orders (as opposed to making things like Naruto Storm 4 my #94 back when I was still at 80 platinums, Just Cause 3 my #93 platinum when I was back with 80 platinums, and you get the idea), aside from the extremely difficult games which i'll (still) most of the time save for last.

• Like 1

I'm really picky with my games so I usually don't have much of a backlog. Though right now it's the biggest it's ever been for me (12 games) because I've grown curious for a few different franchises over a relatively short period of time.

Generally, I just tackle games according to the order I bought them in and I won't begin a new one until the current one is finished. Occasionally, I may be clearing an entire franchise (like I am right now with Persona) or dealing with a very large game (again, Persona), so in those cases, I try to put one or two different games in between different entries in the franchise or major achievements in a large game just so as to not get burned out.

• Like 1

It depends on the current objective that spontaneously pops in my mind.

For instance, these last weeks my objective was to complete some PS+ games I've started 3/4 years ago (which represents somehing like ten games).

Now my objective is starting and finishing easy PS+ games. And at the beginning of 2015, my mood wanted me to finally begin the Assassin's Creed series (I finished the five first game of the series). I haven't started the Mass Effect series, but one day my mood will tell me "hmm, I really should start that one...".

I have an excel file in which games in cells are colored according to the completion, so I can see what is done and what has to be done.

I always buy games i like, but yeah.. A flash sale usually adds some a lot of games to my backlog.

I have a huge backlog of Vita games and i've been working on them during the last 3 months. 6 games left and i'll be done unless there's another flash sale that offers games i want lol

• Like 1

I like how my digital backlog is easily forgettable, unlike my physical backlog, which stares at me everyday to remind me of my everlasting shame.

Precisely , my dear friend ! You coudn't be more correct right there.

Simple... I just add more to the backlog lol jk

Exactly the way i like my backlog . The thrill of searching for the undiscovered gems out there and the impulse of buying them when you don't know much about them is priceless imao . Anyway the way it should only be : gotta keep buying them like crazy and not playing a single damn cause i'm too busy looking for more games to add to my backlog :D

• Like 2

I'm really picky with my games so I usually don't have much of a backlog. Though right now it's the biggest it's ever been for me (12 games) because I've grown curious for a few different franchises over a relatively short period of time.

Generally, I just tackle games according to the order I bought them in and I won't begin a new one until the current one is finished. Occasionally, I may be clearing an entire franchise (like I am right now with Persona) or dealing with a very large game (again, Persona), so in those cases, I try to put one or two different games in between different entries in the franchise or major achievements in a large game just so as to not get burned out.

I don't follow the order you usually do cause i don't even know which games are my oldest and my newest mkst of the time so i play whatever i feel like to start . Also i have this kinda of tendency of only buying a game per franchise to test it out and play something fresh all the times and don't stagnate on only one franchise mostly for JRPGs and less the case with Visual Novels btw .

• Like 1

I don't follow the order you usually do cause i don't even know which games are my oldest and my newest mkst of the time so i play whatever i feel like to start . Also i have this kinda of tendency of only buying a game per franchise to test it out and play something fresh all the times and don't stagnate on only one franchise mostly for JRPGs and less the case with Visual Novels btw .

I do the exact same thing apart from not following purchasing order. But when you get into a franchise, you gotta get 'em all! xD

• Like 1

The whole 'backlog' word sounds like cancer to me. Not that I have a problem with the concept, not that I don't have that said 'backlog' because I DO, but I just hate the word hehe. I just buy all the shit I want and look interesting. I know I'll never play them all, but that doesn't bother me. I'd rather just have shitload of games that I don't even have time to play, then run out of games to play. I constantly buy new games and games from sales, I'm also a collector, but I don't mind having some of the less important games digital. When it comes to playing I just pick whatever interests me at the time. Sometimes I hold my own gaming marathons. This includes a theme, like PSN games with no platinums, super hero games, Star Wars games or anything really. I mostly worry about the games in my trophy profile that I havent 100% yet.

• Like 2

Who cares ?

If it's in your backlog and you really want to play it then do. If you want to buy it then do. Don't waste time playing crap unless you want to, don't worry about completion rates and actively acquire bronze trophies over platinums ( obviously means your playing more games / experiencing new worlds and adventures ).

life is short, not going to matter what's on the shelf after your gone

• Like 2