Honour Mode Tip

For those trying to beat the super difficult Honour mode, here's a trick I discovered during my playthrough. It's simple, utilize barrels/crates/chest to block off enemies and make combat much easier. These will prevent enemies from getting close enough to do melee attacks and stop enemies from performing majority of ranged attacks as long as you make sure there aren't any gaps in the wall. I easily beat Braccus Rex without losing a single party member using this method and it helped with other fights.

Obviously, in order for this to work you need to be in an area that isn't wide open, it works best in confined places where you can block off all openings. Note that there are some ranged attacks that may be able to get you, though nothing that travels through the air should work, in fact, enemies won't even perform them if you built the wall correctly.

You should also make sure you have a way of attacking the enemy from your side of the wall. Summons work well, grenades, and ranged attacks that have an arcing path(such as flare). You can also position your ranged character next to the wall, have them move the barrel(costs 2 ap) shoot an arrow/magic, then move the barrel back.

This method has proven very helpful in my experience so far. I've taken a screenshot for reference. You should pick up any empty barrels/chests/crates along your journey and store them for when you need to use this method. Also, set up the wall BEFORE initiating combat.

post-57603-0-20963000-1470900789_thumb.jpg

Edited by BrianMX34
  • Like 1

hehe, nice "tactic". i really need to continue my honor run soon with Kallume's great gameplay guide! :)

Yes, yes you do.

For those trying to beat the super difficult Honour mode, here's a trick I discovered during my playthrough. It's simple, utilize barrels/crates/chest to block off enemies and make combat much easier. These will prevent enemies from getting close enough to do melee attacks and stop enemies from performing majority of ranged attacks as long as you make sure there aren't any gaps in the wall. I easily beat Braccus Rex without losing a single party member using this method and it helped with other fights.

Obviously, in order for this to work you need to be in an area that isn't wide open, it works best in confined places where you can block off all openings. Note that there are some ranged attacks that may be able to get you, though nothing that travels through the air should work, in fact, enemies won't even perform them if you built the wall correctly.

You should also make sure you have a way of attacking the enemy from your side of the wall. Summons work well, grenades, and ranged attacks that have an arcing path(such as flare). You can also position your ranged character next to the wall, have them move the barrel(costs 2 ap) shoot an arrow/magic, then move the barrel back.

This method has proven very helpful in my experience so far. I've taken a screenshot for reference. You should pick up any empty barrels/chests/crates along your journey and store them for when you need to use this method. Also, set up the wall BEFORE initiating combat.

I know EXACTLY where you are... I had a pain with that battle on Honour Mode. I actually did Smokescreen, and teleport the Wolfmaster (?) to the group so I could destroy him quickly and remove the fire immunity buff he had on. A great tip on the barrel usage.