Nine Lives of Sameth & Maximus trophy help

Are you sure you've gotten all the deaths? Here's a checklist that might help.

Intro

Death #1: Can't Miss. Fail to correctly say the phrase to escape the tomb.

Reel 2

Death #2: When you enter Reel 2, just wait around until the conductor throws you off the train. (Takes about 3:00minutes.)

Death #3: Touch the Devil's Toybox after the Protection Spell has been cast.

Death #4: Enter the Burial Chamber of Sammun-Mak after Granpda Mole has warned you not to.

Death #5: Before you enter Nefertiti's Chambers, walk through one of the doors with the Bad Luck Curse activated.

Death #6: Enter Nefertiti's Chambers and let the Snake eat you.

Reel 4

Death #7: Let Max say the correct phrase while he is standing in front of the Devil's Toybox.

Death #8: Let Sam drop into the Antpit. (Takes about 4:45minutes - 5:00minutes.)

Death #9: Finish the game

From Ps3trophies.com

Edited by CuteBoringLove

Are you sure you've gotten all the deaths? Here's a checklist that might help.

Intro

Death #1: Can't Miss. Fail to correctly say the phrase to escape the tomb.

Reel 2

Death #2: When you enter Reel 2, just wait around until the conductor throws you off the train. (Takes about 3:00minutes.)

Death #3: Touch the Devil's Toybox after the Protection Spell has been cast.

Death #4: Enter the Burial Chamber of Sammun-Mak after Granpda Mole has warned you not to.

Death #5: Before you enter Nefertiti's Chambers, walk through one of the doors with the Bad Luck Curse activated.

Death #6: Enter Nefertiti's Chambers and let the Snake eat you.

Reel 4

Death #7: Let Max say the correct phrase while he is standing in front of the Devil's Toybox.

Death #8: Let Sam drop into the Antpit. (Takes about 4:45minutes - 5:00minutes.)

Death #9: Finish the game

From Ps3trophies.com

I am 100% positive i have done all of these. I will delete the game and re-instal it, and re-try tomorrow.

• 8 years later...
On 10/7/2012 at 9:17 PM, Kirbz said:

I am 100% positive i have done all of these. I will delete the game and re-instal it, and re-try tomorrow.

I had the exact same issue on my second playthrough, but I got it on my third. These are the only things I did differently.

1. Do it in one sitting. Don't close out of the game or reload a save file.

2. I made sure I did the first and second death mentioned above twice, just to make sure they registered

3. I did the Deaths that happen if you don't complete an action quick enough by both waiting for the Death to happen and by making it happen quicker to make sure they were counted.

For example,

Spoiler

when you get eaten by the snake, you can sit there and look at it till it eats you or you can walk towards it and it will eat you sooner.

That's the best example. The only other Death that I think could be affected by this is Death #2 mentioned above, but I could be wrong. This is all speculation. 

Edited by ACDCsTNT

• 8 months later...

The same thing happened to me.  I followed the walkthrough to the letter, and actually enjoyed the story of this, a few good laughs.  Yet I missed the Curse of Luck and Death Trophy.  I missed death number 5, as the walkthrough didn't state to enter nefertitti's room and instigate the cutscene.  So I just walked in and used the can of nuts right away.

So it should be:

Walk into Nefertitti's room until a cutscene happens

THEN do nothing and you will die

Then enter her room again and use the Can o' Nuts right away

• Like 1