Should they re-release this on PS4?

LunchCannon54

As long as long as new games keep coming, go ahead and rerelease everything. I can finally buy all the Ps3 prerelease games for dirt cheap. Thank you rereleases!

I don't think it'll happen, the original ps2 version sold so poorly, then the Wii version came and it's sold much worse than the ps2's original, then we have the ps3's HD remaster, running on native 1080p and a solid 30FPS + the ability to turn on and off the paper like filter and a full use of the PS Move controller (optional)... well this version did sold, at least better than the Wii version I guess?, but it's still sold poorly and it didn't reach the goal capcom hoped-for.

it's already came out on three different consoles and it still didn't do well so i guess it won't make any difference if they re-remaster it and release it on ps4.

On one hand, it'd be nice to see the game get more appreciation.

On the other, I've already bought this game twice, maybe even a third since I'd like a physical import copy eventually.

If it came out on PS4 I would feel obligated to buy it lol

Although if it had a seperate trophy list, I probably would.

• Like 1

I think they should absolutely re-release Okami on PS4. The more consoles the better. The reason why there are so many remasters or re-releases on the PS4 is because so many new people have joined the Playstation eco-system. I'm sure there are lots of people out there that never owned a PS2 or PS3 to play Okami. So allowing all new comers to play this gorgeous game would be awesome.

PS3 or PS2 version?

Sure, why not, it's not like PS4 has other games than remasters.

Nah, seriously, I would love sequel or Okamiden, but there's no need to keep remastering it.

What would they call it now Okami UHD?

No, that would be the 4k version (Ultra HD is the next format that's just started to appear in stores, 4k resolution blu-rays because Sony wants money).

Should they re-release Okami on PS4?

No, not really. While the game does have a cult following, it just hasn't sold well enough to justify a PS4 release.

To put how poorly Okami sold into perspective, even after the PS2, Wii, and PS3 releases it hasn't sold 1 million units. (Both Commando and 1942 have sold better then Okami and Okamiden)

Capcom doesn't have the money for vanity projects anymore, because every time they make one it sells terribly.

However I would like it if they released a Clover collection with Okami, Okamiden, Viewtful Joe 1, Viewtful Joe 2, Viewtful Joe: Double Trouble, Viewtful Joe: Red Hot Rumble, and God Hand. (AKA The worst selling Capcom games collection)

Edited by soultaker655

The Vita's touch screen would be perfect for Okami's brush though.

The touch pad on the ps4 would work great for it too

I wouldn't mind if they released it and it was cross buy with the ps3 version, so everyone that bought that one could get the ps4 version free. I bought the ps3 version but have yet to do it, so it'd be nice for me to just get an upgrade :P

• Like 1

PS4: the console to play all your PS3 Remasters and PS2 Re-re-releases on.

yeah is the best selling home console worldwide right now because everyone just loves to play old gen games since "that's all it has" lol

let's just forget that the ps3 also has thousands of ps1 and ps2 re-releases and remasters.

Edited by smellslikejavier