Should they re-release this on PS4?

LunchCannon54

I love Okami, and I certainly wouldn't object if it got a PS4 release, but as others have said, the game has sold poorly on every platform it's been on. There wouldn't be much point in re-releasing it on yet another platform, as it wouldn't make much of a difference. Besides, the game is beautiful as it is on PS3. If I remember correctly, the game is rendered at 4k and downsampled to 1080p. What could they even do to a PS4 release to make it stand out from the PS3 version? I guess up the frame rate, but it's not really enough to justify to people to buy it again (although I definitely would).

And maybe this is just me, but I think one remaster of a game is enough. You don't really need to put every game ever made on every system just for the sake of it.

yeah is the best selling home console worldwide right now because everyone just loves to play old gen games since "that's all it has" lol

let's just forget that the ps3 also has thousands of ps1 and ps2 re-releases and remasters.

Down boy. He was just making a joke.  :P

• Like 2

No, that would be the 4k version (Ultra HD is the next format that's just started to appear in stores, 4k resolution blu-rays because Sony wants money).

Okami 4K? xD

Not sure I like the sound of it xD

The Vita's touch screen would be perfect for Okami's brush though.

Sure, but porting the whole game could be problematic. That's what I meant.

Considering the size of the game, it would have to be downgraded.

yeah is the best selling home console worldwide right now because everyone just loves to play old gen games since "that's all it has" lol

let's just forget that the ps3 also has thousands of ps1 and ps2 re-releases and remasters.

You don't need to catch every opinion that criticizes PS4, though...

Most are jokes, you know =D

Do you patrol the forums, looking for any perceived slight of the PS4? You should take it easy! Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

The game wasn't a success back in 7th gen and I doubt it would be a success in 8th gen. A very good game that just doesn't click with the general public.

Do you patrol the forums, looking for any perceived slight of the PS4? You should take it easy!

Lol, the fact that he keeps on using sales as a deterrent is a bit annoying sometimes.

Come on, Javier. No need.

• Like 1

I doubt the game has sold well enough to warrant a PS4 release, unfortunately. It would be nice to see it on current gen though.

I finally got around to playing this game back in March/April, definitely one of the best games I've played this year so far, even though it's not a 2016 release.

To be honest, I think I'd rather just see a sequel at this point rather than any more remasters, even though I know that's almost definitely never going to happen. The DS Okami game is about as close as we'll likely ever get.

• Like 1

Let us also not forget that the first PS2 remaster was God of War 1 and 2 which didn't come out until late 2009 (3 years after the launch of the PS3). The first PS3 remaster came within the first 2 months (Tomb Raider).

I should know...I hosted the Midnight Event (my first big event working for Playstation :D)

906EL6u.jpg

pJL83jW.jpg

E6MFm8q.jpg

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
28 minutes ago, FlareXV said:

Are you saying that they shouldn't remake the Onimusha series or are you saying they should?

I believe he's saying they should remaster Onimusha instead since that's never been remastered before.

I get where he's coming from since Capcom only seem to be remastering the same games over and over. How many times has Resident Evil 4 been re-released now? Personally, I'd love to see a Onimusha remaster. Or at the very least they should release them as PS2 classics on PS4. That would be awesome.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would definitely buy Okami again on PS4 and play on a 4K set.

Okami is simply the most beautiful game I've ever played. I've never found such a combination of unique and vibrant graphic style, wonderful environments, inspiring music and morally rich story in a game. This game also did have a positive effect on me in a bad moment of my life, so it will always have a special place on my heart.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a good game indeed, also Capcom has been re-releasing their games for years since it's a good way to make money without much effort, thing is in spite of the love that mostly gamers have for Okami, the reality is that it've never sold properly (don't know why honestly), I would understand if they realease a digital version only since they're cheapers, but they will make a physical version avaible for PS4 and that in my opinion is a risk, is really expensive to publish a game worldwide and as I said before, Okami have never sold good (nor PS2 or PS3). Still I believe Capcom know this already and they've already make their numbers and feel confident about it, I wish them luck as well as anyone willing to play the game once more :yay: