No Man's Sky trophy/game bugs

ItsWhooper

I'm currently working on the Galapagos trophy and it just doesn't want to respond. Let me explain. On version 1.03 which I'm currently playing it requires you to find all species on a planet 10 times. With some research I was apply to discover that if you go to a planet without any species on it, it counts as 100% and you can turn it in to continue collecting milestones towards this trophy. I attempted this and sure enough it worked... but only one time. So now it shows I've discovered all the species on another planet. This is where the bug comes, I figured I may as well keep doing this and earn the trophies easily but nope! When I go to turn another planet it that has 100% species found it doesn't give me to option to upload this data. I can upload everything else like solar systems, planets, outposts, etc. Is there something that I'm missing. 

I am aware of the patch method where you delete the patch and go back to the  1.00 version of the game and I did attempt to play that version just to get this trophy but every time I loaded the game up with update 1.00 my game would crash. 

I'm sure there's someone else out there who might need help with this as well and if anyone else has any issues comment below and maybe someone will have a solution for you. 

For the 100% Fauna bug, either quit and restart, or simply fly to an unexplored planet.

Another one I know of is crashing when opening the :options: screen and immediately hitting  :circle:  to back out.

I've also had it crash by trying to hit :options: too quickly as I'm entering my ship. I think these both are mostly to due with the servers not working all the time.

As for trophies, I've had zero problems.

Edited by A12
  • Like 1

Seems like a common bug, happened to me as well, and as the other two posters have said already, the only workaround so far seems to be to just fly to a new star system and explore the planets there. They should be at 0%, but all your previously discovered planets will still be stuck on 100% (at least that's been the case with me, and a couple of other people I've spoken to).

Just keep in mind that if you discover 100% of the fauna on more than one planet in a star system, and then upload one, there's a good chance it won't count the other one(s). It did that for me anyway, only counted one milestone on my list despite having two planets at 100%. After uploading, the last planet I had in that system at 92% got glitched on 100% as well.

I've decided to just put this game on hold for the time being, aside from the bugs, I've been getting insane amounts of crashes recently, and several times when the game just freezes or won't load on launch. It's a shame, I really enjoy this game, but all its technical issues are just making it near unplayable for me right now.

Edited by SuperSmexy500

I know this is for PC but still... :lol:

n2wlG3Q.jpg

Edit:
So I tried to play after work tonight, couldn't warp or even press :options: without it crashing.

I signed out of PSN and have had 0 problems since. The servers are affecting game play negatively. :(

Edited by A12

So has anyone else lost all their System Data?

This morning I loaded in, and just the Discoveries tab is empty. It shows 0 systems or planets I've been to.

It says "Online Services Active" so I am connected. It shouldnt do it if you were offline anyway.

I've checked twitter and the likes, no word of a second reset. So I'm just going to assume it's a bug on my end.

I'll be slightly pissed if it turns out to be permanent. 15 jumps and like 30 planets, hundreds of flora and fauna and all those way points gone...

I'm having a trophy bug, I only need the two extreme survival trophies, I'm at rank 7 (20+ sols) on an extreme (inferno) planet and the Stranger in a Strange Land trophy never popped. Counter is still ticking up towards 32 sols, but I'm worried that trophy (The Sentinel) won't pop there either. Anyone experienced this yet? Any ideas? I'm hoping it's similar to the Planet Zoology glitch and doing something random will cause it to pop eventually...

EDIT: Nevermind, the silver trophy just popped... at 21.1 sols. No idea why that would have happened at that point.

Edited by NotYAWS

So has anyone else lost all their System Data?

This morning I loaded in, and just the Discoveries tab is empty. It shows 0 systems or planets I've been to.

It says "Online Services Active" so I am connected. It shouldnt do it if you were offline anyway.

I've checked twitter and the likes, no word of a second reset. So I'm just going to assume it's a bug on my end.

I'll be slightly pissed if it turns out to be permanent. 15 jumps and like 30 planets, hundreds of flora and fauna and all those way points gone...

still nothing or did a reload work for you? I couldn't play today but logged in a bit this morning to show others and it was all fine.

They're weird. Like the lifeforms one pops at 1, 8 and 10, why they didn't put it at 5 instead doesn't make sense.

Why not? They want you to do more work for the silvers. 100% scanned is the only one which remains at 1 per milestone, all the others go in increasing numbers so halfway through the milestones is not the same as halfway to the stat needed for gold.

still nothing or did a reload work for you? I couldn't play today but logged in a bit this morning to show others and it was all fine.

None of the data has come back. Luckily that's all I lost.

I've kept playing, and have two pages of data again. I'm not going to complain as the game seems to be working much better now anyway.

I have not crashed at all since that happend.