*POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Mental Preparation?

scottelot

The trophy is to raise Lucas' mental state by 55 in "Lost Love"

No matter what I do I can't seem to get this trophy to pop - anybody else have this problem or is it just me? I'm accessing the chapter from chapter select but I've been able to get other trophies this way. I'm having the same problem with 'Had enough yet?'

The trophy is to raise Lucas' mental state by 55 in "Lost Love"

No matter what I do I can't seem to get this trophy to pop - anybody else have this problem or is it just me? I'm accessing the chapter from chapter select but I've been able to get other trophies this way. I'm having the same problem with 'Had enough yet?'

Maybe you have to start a new game instead of accessing it by chapter select? keep in mind that some of the trophies seems to be somewhat glitches, like some people having troubles to unlock the Hard difficulty trophy or to collect all of the tarot cards.

I'll try to start a new game today and try to raise Lucas' mental state on that chapter, and will let you know if I was able to unlock it :)

Do this following

- Drink milk (+5)

- Use toilet (+5)

- Turn on the stereo in the living room (+5)

- Playing guitar (+10)

- Exercise with the punching bag (+10)

- Take medicine (+10)

- Going to bed to sleep (+10) (Make sure you do this the last one!)

Good luck!

• Like 3

Do this following

- Drink milk (+5)

- Use toilet (+5)

- Playing guitar (+10)

- Take medicine (+10)

Good luck!

That's really helpful, thanks! :D

Do this following

- Drink milk (+5)

- Use toilet (+5)

- Playing guitar (+10)

- Take medicine (+10)

Good luck!

Thank you! I'll make sure to try this one out when I start a new run of the game.

You're welcome. Glad I can help.

I think this trophy glitched for me too, since I can't unlock it either :(

I did everything that you said, and I also looked into other guides and still didn't unlocked.

I did it once with chapter select and it didn't pop, and then I erased my previous profile and started a new one from scratch and still didn't work either.

Even after making sure to have done this all in a new game and following the list - the trophy hasn't popped for me; am I the only one having difficulty with this one? ^^;

Me too!  :(

Edited by Finozzi1696

For anyone reading this, this trophy can be quite buggy as well as a few others. I got this trophy and all I did was beat up the punching bag and play the guitar but I think that only gives about 20 happiness proving that this trophy is bugged (for the better in my case). I did use this video for help and he's also got videos for the majority of the other trophies if you want to check them out on his channel.

I'm not sure if this is any help but like the video says, make sure to not lose any lives on the QTE sections (boxing bag and guitar). Hope this is of any help to people who might be stuck on this buggy trophy.

Edited by FLUX_Rezulta

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same problem, did anyone find a more or less reliable workaround?

I tried it multiple times without failing any QTEs, starting with almost no mental health, starting with almost full mental health, beginning a new game, creating new profile, replaying chapter with saving on current profile.. but so far after about 6 attempts it still hasn't unlocked.

Any tips what I could try out? How did the trophy unlock for you? Any help much appreciated.

EDIT: Nevermind, it popped on my 9th or so attempt.

After once again finishing the Lost Love chapter whilst gaining 55 mental health and once again no trophy, I continued by selecting the next chapter Hide and Seek. I then quit to the main menu, chapter select, and reloaded Lost Love. I proceeded to gain mental health (starting with 5 mental health). I failed a few inputs on the punching bag but didn't lose a life to it. The trophy popped once I went to bed.

This all may be trivial, but might aswell share how it popped for me after not getting it for so long.

Edited by Quorthon89

• 3 months later...

Jesus i just like totally glitched the game and... got the trophy.. lol. So here is possible solution to the problem:

First of all i started chapter "The Day After" (chose the last option when they ask about saving). Hided the blood on bed, went to the phone and picked it up, then i washed bloody clothes, washed my hands, bandaged arms, went to get some clothes on, got the key from the table, went to the front doors and chosed the eye option, then i opened, cop searched and stuff AND when he went out i drank alcohol three times to get -40 mental health. Then I played the game normally, went to talk to brother and after this I DID NOT saved the child. This got my mental health down to 5. Then i played the game normally to the chapter "Alternate Reality" where when i sat down in front of the computer i COMPLETED the QTE and read this dudes mind. Then my health went down to 0 and i restarted the game. Then i quitted the game with "stop" option from the menu. Then i started chapter "Lost Love" and... i was at 0 hp! No idea why. So when i got up game just cut to the asylum and when i restarted chapter the game freezed. So i closed the aplication and reopened it. I selected from chapter select "Lost Love" again and i tried to get as quick as possible to the radio behind the TV. Turned some music on and it gave my +5 hp. Then did everything to get my health to 55. So it was:

- playing guitar +10

- boxing +10 (also i messed up qte once here)

- drunk milk +5

- pissed +5

- took pills +10

- went to bed and closed eyes +10

The trophy poped second after seeing last +10 on the screen. That's really weird solution but if it works for someone else then... i think we got it !

• 3 years later...

Try reloading the chapter and use the 2nd option (create a new login).  I suspect if you are doing a run through for trophies you might be maxed out on mental health preventing you from gaining any during Chapter 9.  A new login starts with 50-60 mental health so you can actually gain some during the chapter.  This is what eventually worked for me.

• Like 1