Do i still need online pass to play MP?

Rusti002

Physical copies require the online pass. Be careful which digital version you get though. There are several - multiplayer only, singleplayer only, and the 13 GB ultimate edition.

since someone Finally!! talk about this game as the digital had three versions, single player, multiplayer mode only, and full game "single player + multiplayer"

back two years ago I was about to purchase it digital until I been halted when seen this multiple versions I believe the single player only cost more than the full game, so I thought since it cost more then this mean it's better?? or I believe that it's because you can plat it without worrying about the online trophies.

personally i'm not interested to the multiplayer mode, so since then I was waiting for a discount on the single player version of the game so I can get it, played the demo and I absolutely loved it, it has good graphics too!

I bought the £10.99 digital version from the store a week or two ago (I had the single player version from PSPlus, but the MP version was more expensive than the full package.)  I was glad to see that no online pass was required to access the MP -- I was also able to install it on my second PS3 and thus able to solo boost all the MP trophies.  Which was handy (albeit tedious).

And yes, playing legit is often impossible.  I tried at first, I had games where the enemy just kept killing me before I could even get out of the pod.  It's not much fun to die 12 times in a row... ;)