WARNING WHEN STARTING THIS GAME

willmill97

Apparently this is a common issue for PS4, but my save data just corrupted. I literally just unlocked 50,000,000 points trophy (halfway to Pointdexter) and now I'm back to 12,000,000, I've also lost a fuck load of strums towards Strumillionaire, a fuck load of Hero Power uses, and nearly all my score. 

Activision have beaten me, as I don't want to have to go through all that shit again, playing songs that I don't want to play, I have succumbed to the devilsh MICROTRANSACTIONS and bought 100 plays so I can just play Lazerray on Expert over and over and over and over again to rack up easy points.

Screw this.

So my warning is... BACK UP YOUR SAVES Y'ALL. 

Edited by willmill97
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
13 minutes ago, Kam4e2r0n said:

So does this only happen on ps4? any word of the same thing happening on ps3 by chance? I hope not.

Not sure about PS3 but I have been playing on PS4 since October pretty frequently and my data has never corrupted. It crashes too often but that is more annoying than game breaking. I would still back up your saves anyways.

On 11/18/2016 at 6:49 AM, Tearraven said:

If you have PS+, don't saves back up automatically every night?

If you use rest mode, have the Auto-Upload checked under "Application Saved Data Management" and Stay Connected to the Internet, under "Power Save Settings-Set features Available." Or if you don't use rest mode, you can turn on Auto-Upload and it will upload your saves when the PS4 is powered on.

Edited by skateak

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11-3-2017 at 0:30 AM, wlkownz said:

My mate have also troubles with corrupted data but that's for the game Borderlands 1.5 , I guess it's just another Sony issue and if you've bad luck, it happens to you!

it's not bad luck... I got like 10+ corrupted save files over 1 Saturday I have no idea why it happens. every 50k trums I made a backup save. One time I made like 150K strums went out GTTV corrupted savefile wasted a couple hours yea...!!!   

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2017 at 0:30 AM, wlkownz said:

My mate have also troubles with corrupted data but that's for the game Borderlands 1.5 , I guess it's just another Sony issue and if you've bad luck, it happens to you!

Not sure this has anything to do with Sony though... :P I mean, they are not the ones who makes Borderlands or Guitar Hero.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I’ve found the only way to prevent your save from corrupting is to NOT exit GHTV to the main menu. If you need to back out, just close the application and reopen. I’ve corrupted my save THREE TIMES NOW and got set back at least 200k strums by trying to back out to the main menu.... Once I get strumillionaire I think I will smash my guitar.

• 4 months later...

Do what @jordan199311 said. This is one way of preventing a crash, sometimes the game crashes just after a song completes and that is just unlucky. I had the same issue as OP and i was probably about 400k strums into strummillionaire and at about 70mil points for pointdexter when my data corrupted, i had to restart all progress. Im currently on 800k strums as i used the jigsaw tehnique for strummillionaire.

Pointdexter is gonna be the next grind for me im currently on 18mil out of 100mil.

On 2/28/2018 at 1:16 PM, jordan199311 said:

So I’ve found the only way to prevent your save from corrupting is to NOT exit GHTV to the main menu. If you need to back out, just close the application and reopen. I’ve corrupted my save THREE TIMES NOW and got set back at least 200k strums by trying to back out to the main menu.... Once I get strumillionaire I think I will smash my guitar.

When my copy comes in, I'll keep this in mind. Thanks :)