Toyotomi Quests

Using a guide from another of those trophy-hunting websites gives me the following information to lend to you:

• The first missing quest is called "The Hidetsugu Affair".  If you're close enough to the historical timeline, it should pop in mid 1593, but you probably also have to have the appropriate officer as part of your clan.
  • The second is called "The Flowers of Daigo".  If you're close enough to the historical timeline, it should pop in early 1598 if the Maeda Clan is still around.
  • Like 1

• 6 years later...

I just had the same problem recently.  The last two Toyotomi quests wouldn't start for me.  I think I figured out what the problem was too.  I had the scenario set to Lifespan: "Ageless" which seems to have bugged one of the events from starting (the one where Hidetsugu gets named Chief Advisor).  As far as I can tell, this then prevented "The Hidetsugu Affair" from starting in 1593.

I also tried playing on Lifespan:"Historical" but the very last quest bugged out on me.  I guess the game kills characters off around the historical date and not exactly on it.  Hideyoshi Toyotomi died in Feb 1598 in my game, one month before "The Flowers of Daigo" was supposed to start and that prevented it from starting.  I tried reloading an older save in 1593, but he still died on the same turn when I got to 1598.  Probably the randomness is seed-based and stuff like that is determined at the beginning of the game.

Third time's the charm though!  I replayed the scenario again with Lifespan:"Longevity" set this time and everything worked out.  Everything triggered and Hideyoshi didn't die before his questline was complete.

Bottom line:

From what I've seen, I would recommend going for the Toyotomi quests in the Kyushu Conquest scenario with the Lifespan option set to "Longevity" to avoid these issues.