Anyone picking this up?

Hamburger Helper

I've been seeing some marketing for XCOM lately and not knowing what the game was about. So, I saw IGN had posted a review for it (and NO! I just look at the reviews for gameplay, etc. I don't base my opinions/purchases off of them) and it looked pretty good. I'm surprised to see a strategy game being release alongside the big hits and I definitely want to support a title like this. The gameplay looks good enough for admission while bringing the classic,"Aliens take over the world," story but in a fun way.

So, anyone else picking this up? Interested? Don't care? I'm going to try before the end of the year alongside some other games I plan on picking up.

I think it looks really uniqe and well developed, turn based games is a bit old school, but that is what this game is meant to be.

I was so () close to buy the game the other day, but i didn´t, turn based games isn´t my style and therefor i wouldnt play it for long, which is a shame ofcourse :/

there is only 10 people on this site that has the game :( which is abit sad, because i think it has potential.

I have this on pre-order. I'll pick it up from GameStop when I go out sometime tomorrow.

there is only 10 people on this site that has the game :( which is abit sad, because i think it has potential.

That's because it isn't released yet. The street date is tomorrow, and I suspect most stores keep to the "on sale date" because known violators get hammered by publishers and distributors.

That's because it isn't released yet. The street date is tomorrow, and I suspect most stores keep to the "on sale date" because known violators get hammered by publishers and distributors.

really, oh wow .. I guess my local gamestop didn´t, it was allready out yesterday.

I'll be picking this up in 2 hours.

Add so much fun with the original, that this remake is a must for me.

I'll finish Dungeon Defender tonight ... then i'll be gaming on X-com like a madman lol.

BTW Review here : http://www.gamespot.com/xcom-enemy-unknown/reviews/xcom-enemy-unknown-review-6397898/?page=2

Edited by Maitre

• 2 months later...

oh and the game is turning out to be quite hard where im at, alittle too hard, but its soo damn addictive!

Tagged it, bagged it.

The game can be difficult if you employ the wrong strategy at the ant farm level. However, everything you do on a mission can be undone and retried using Save / Load, even in Ironman mode where you can quit to XMB if the shit hits the fan.

Once you get passed the first two months on any difficulty level, XCOM becomes a breeze. That's the most disappointing aspect of the game for me - it starts out hard but becomes a cakewalk relatively quickly.

Satellites. Africa. Lasers. Squad Sight. Profit.

Edited by ant1th3s1s

Tagged it, bagged it.

The game can be difficult if you employ the wrong strategy at the ant farm level. However, everything you do on a mission can be undone and retried using Save / Load, even in Ironman mode where you can quit to XMB if the shit hits the fan.

Once you get passed the first two months on any difficulty level, XCOM becomes a breeze. That's the most disappointing aspect of the game for me - it starts out hard but becomes a cakewalk relatively quickly.

Satellites. Africa. Lasers. Squad Sight. Profit.

actually i found the most of the game a breeze, especially the first few months.

it was at probably around just before gollop chamber a couple of missions took a few goes but like you said, just restart and try another strategy.

however i was playing easy mode as im not too familiar with turn based strategy games. :rolleyes:

however i was playing easy mode as im not too familiar with turn based strategy games. :rolleyes:

That's your problem right there...Easy is easy. Classic Ironman and Impossible are not ;), at least the first two months thereof.

Build up to it, you'll need five playthroughs anyway for the :platinum:

Edited by ant1th3s1s

• 4 months later...

Hello :)!

Got kind of a random question for those of you who have the game: Does anyone know if there is a limit to how many firestorms you can have in the hanger bay?

You only get four hangar slots on each continent.  Also, you can't buy/build new ships if the "home hangar" (defined as the hangar on the continent where X-Com's main base is) is full.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...